Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Omg, as if she reacted like that!!! 😹😿

Does she even remember that album! Make her a few cocktails tonight and play “Bartender”, “Buy U A Drank” & “Tipsy” so you get a nice, easy-going, smooth, luxe, slow-grinding, nostalgic, atmosphere going on and she’ll be going......”OMG, I forgot how much I freaking love this album”! 😽🎃💡

Oh she likes it, but I don’t think it’s something she ever really considered adding to her collection, unlike Mobb Deep (she got pissed when I lied and told her I didn’t buy it... it was gonna be a Christmas present but now it’s on tap for Valentine’s Day)

However I know she’ll love Tidal, and that’s a record I’ll dig too, at least.

Oh she likes it, but I don’t think it’s something she ever really considered adding to her collection, unlike Mobb Deep (she got pissed when I lied and told her I didn’t buy it... it was gonna be a Christmas present but now it’s on tap for Valentine’s Day)

However I know she’ll love Tidal, and that’s a record I’ll dig too, at least.
It’s so cute that she also loves vinyl so much! I’m actually so jealous of you NewsFedora!!! Like giving someone you love vinyl as a gift, because they love vinyl, would be so cute! 🙉🐣🍄

Mmmmmm and Tidal is at 45RPM and sounds magnificent! It’s such a great release! Enjoy spinning the Fiona Apple and Mobb Deep! Fingers crossed they are both in perfect condition 🤞

This is only subjective but I feel like VMP are not giving me a lifetime membership for free because they want me to keep being a positive “cheerleader” for them. I don’t want to sound up myself or conceited, but I think I got the lifetime membership because of how I’ve been overall, with the sweet, positive messages, because I buy a lot of VMP exclusives and because I was very patient and re-subscribed to VMP at my own cost, even though I had credit which I wanted to be used towards the membership renewal. I think VMP gave it to me out of generosity and because it really does mean a lot to them to have a customer like me, especially as they have been overwhelmed with things going wrong!

The “get it or regret it” line looking back at it does seem forced! 😓🙈 I should’ve said that instead about Still Woozy, as I was hyping up that exclusive and I just had an instinct it was going to sell out really quickly! I would’ve wanted more N&G members to get it! So I guess that’s what I was sort of thinking with T-Pain. But now that I think about it, most people on here, like you indicated, wouldn’t care at all for mainstream artists like T-Pain or Jennifer Lopez! Still Woozy.......YES! It’s definitely an artist many people on here would be interested in! 🙋‍♀️🙋🙋‍♂️💰✅

But yeah, maybe no more “make sure you buy this” kinda wording when it comes to exclusives because some people will be going 😒🙄 as I have the lifetime membership! 🤫

I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that it might sell out, or anything else really. I'm also not saying that people won't want T-Pain or J-Lo, because that's why they pressed them. I do believe that a review and/or recommendation of something like Still Woozy has more value, though, just because he's less well known. Telling us what "Waiting For Tonight" or "Buy U A Drank" sounds like feels weird because most people even remotely interested have probably heard them, already, but who knows? It was a long time ago. Maybe you are filling people in and I'm just old.

It just would have made more sense to me if your posts were in response to others trashing them or offering any opinion at all, but they came fairly unprovoked. Because of what those albums are and some of the wording, they just came across kind of spamny. In the past, you either seemed like you were pleading a case or being informative on something that might slip past people or was lesser known. But, like I said, maybe people aren't familiar. It's not you, or maybe even the posts, but a combination of factors. I don't ever want to deter you from being you.

Again, I always believe you are genuine, I'm just pointing out why it can read that way. And I'm sure the fact that we're dealing with mainstream acts that don't really need the promotion is also why I take it like, "Drink Pepsi!!!" when I read it.

I'm not going to hashtag sponsord ad comments to your posts anymore. Keep doing what you do.

I'll use gifs and emojis from now on

They gave him his main track free for life to thank him for continuing to promote them and be positive through all their fuck ups. Whilst Nathan is Nathan and it’s only $400 a year, it’s still $400 to a non employee because he hypes them no matter what.

Nathan posted the email from them somewhere further back on this thread.

That said he hyped them before that and it was often nonsensically OTT and hyper positive then too.

I think it makes it even more clear that they are lurking in this forum as well tbh.

I think the issue now is he’s compromised... whereas before I took his exhorting to buy sexy main stream pop as genuine ..now I just think paid advertising...subjectivity gone ..he’s sold out to the man !

So he should tfr his free life membership to me

For anyone that's interested in picking up the T-Pain, but isn't currently a member, it appears that, if you go through the magazine, you can actually cart and purchase the album and it will even give you free shipping. At least, that's the word on the street.

I'm assuming that the same might be true for any other post on the magazine with an album link embedded in it

Yeah. They basically told him that they want to reward him with a lifetime membership for being a cheerleader, because they want to keep him doing that... more or less. So, he got it, because he's always done that, but also because they want him to keep doing it. I mean, it is what it is. Plus, they've jerked him around enough that he deserves some sort of compensation. On the other hand, you have the message that, if you let them fuck with you and still praise them, then you get rewarded, but if you ask a question about what's going on with your orders being canceled or delivered to retailers, they'll straight up shut down their forum, tell you to fuck yourself, and have staff members condescend you to trigger mobs to shame and insult you. I know Nathan's enthusiasm is genuine, but... it's another move that VMP made that could easily create some uncomfortable reactions or negative emotions for other members, especially those that have been put through more and/or put in a lot of free work (reddit and forum mods, etc.) that were never responded to with any level of real appreciation.

Nathan's always left positive reactions on the forum, but that obviously why it seem like they must be lurking around here. In the past, if someone asked about an album, he'd go into detail, or if it was something new he was checking out. Giving a track by track breakdown on the biggest albums of mainstream artists that everyone is already familiar with, by telling us to "get it or regret it!!!"... you know... it sounds a little forced. Maybe not. It's probably just how it's always been, but the parts literally urging members to buy these albums while using FOMO is really off putting, considering that we're dealing with VMP here and that's already an issue.
I can see all your points for sure

Omg, that does look pretty commercial 😅👀

But I thought straight away that this exclusive would go quick so that’s why I said that line. And also because I think it’s such a ‘different’ kind of VMP exclusive that I think it’s one not to miss if you do want to get it!

But omg, it does look like I’m trying to make you buy the exclusive lol 🙈
Dude, the way I see it is that VMP have had the worst few months in their existence and have had negative comments at every angle (including direct messages to family members). The one ray of hope and positivity in this time was @NathanRicaud ....and probably only him.

I know people hate on VMP when they claim to be a small business (rightfully so a lot of the time) but it’s likely that they still do have some shred of work ethic from those days when the were small, so they sent the gift.

On top of all this it’s important to remember that @NathanRicaud hasn’t gone from being quiet/negative to over enthusiastic on release day......he’s always been super enthusiastic. So as far as I’m concerned any future excitement from his has no influence from VMP’s gift. It couldn’t have been given to a more enthusiastic and uplifting person towards VMP IMO.

Now if @Joe Mac got the gift and then became a VMP hype man I would be skeptical ;):LOL:

Last edited:
Dude, the way I see it is that VMP have had the worst few months in their existence and have had negative comments at every angle (including direct messages to family members). The one ray of hope and positivity in this time was @NathanRicaud ....and probably only him.

I know people hate on VMP when they claim to be a small business (rightfully so a lot of the time) but it’s likely that they still do have some shred of work ethic from those days when the were small, he sent the gift.

On top of all this it’s important to remember that @NathanRicaud hasn’t gone from being quiet/negative to over enthusiastic on release day......he’s always been super enthusiastic. So as far as I’m concerned any future excitement from his has no influence from VMP’s gift. It couldn’t have been given to a more enthusiastic and uplifting person towards VMP IMO.

Now if @Joe Mac got the gift and then became a VMP hype man I would be skeptical ;):LOL:
I agree with this. The Joe Mac bit got me though 🤣🤣

I know people hate on VMP when they claim to be a small business (rightfully so a lot of the time) but it’s likely that they still do have some shred of work ethic from those days when the were small, he sent the gift.

I agree with this. The Joe Mac bit got me though 🤣🤣

I miss the historic posts saved on the old forum sometimes...

There is a reason I really don’t like them and it’s a disillusionment that’s built up over time starting with storf, moving through ever weakening curation, heightening with the whole shitty anthology concept, peaking with the nuking of the forum and ending with their utter inability to do any form of logistics. All this amplified by an utter lack of humility or humanity.

The reason? I really fucking loved my first year with VMP. I loved the records, the product the community, the whole bundle. That’s why I’m so pissed off at them. If I hadn’t cared to begin with I’d be indifferent now.

I was never @NathanRicaud because I’m not like that but I definitely was enthused and I recommended them to so many people back then!

Last edited:

And that’s why I stayed very quiet in those two months of VMP’s worst troubles/errors! Like, there were so many records I wanted to talk about and go through and recommend, but I felt it would’ve been inappropriate because of the timing! 🚫⚠⏱🙅‍♂️

Also, I am ‘too nice’ as well if you know what I mean. Like I did call out VMP a few times and told them to get their shit together, but I would always forgive them and would try and bring positive vibes. I’m like that in person too! Like, I always trust people and will still usually be friendly and will comfort them! 😅☺️🐬

And that’s why I stayed very quiet in those two months of VMP’s worst troubles/errors! Like, there were so many records I wanted to talk about and go through and recommend, but I felt it would’ve been inappropriate because of the timing! 🚫⚠⏱🙅‍♂️

Also, I am ‘too nice’ as well if you know what I mean. Like I did call out VMP a few times and told them to get their shit together, but I would always forgive them and would try and bring positive vibes. I’m like that in person too! Like, I always trust people and will still usually be friendly and will comfort them! 😅🐬

Nice is wrong. Besides seeing being described as nice as highly insulting (it insinuates a certain blandness that I don’t want attached to me and definitely does not apply to you) I actually don’t think it’s nice to stay quiet when someone keeps fucking up and it’s affecting you and other people around you lol!

I miss the historic posts saved on the old forum sometimes...

There is a reason I really don’t like them and it’s a disillusionment that’s built up over time starting with storf, moving through ever weakening curation, heightening with the whole shitty anthology concept, peaking with the nuking of the forum and ending with their utter inability to do any form of logistics. All this amplified by an utter lack of humility or humanity.

The reason? I really fucking loved my first year with VMP. I loved the records, the product the community, the whole bundle. That’s why I’m so pissed off at them. If I hadn’t cared to begin with I’d be indifferent now.

I was never @NathanRicaud because I’m not like that but I definitely was enthused and I recommended them to so many people back then!
I think this sums up almost everyones VMP experience in a nutshell. I joined January 2016 and I loved the company I used to root for them hard. While i havent had as many issues as others thankfully just seeing what has happened with others as Joe described is enough for me to really only recommend with caution to people when I am asked which is a shame

Nice is wrong. Besides seeing being described as nice as highly insulting (it insinuates a certain blandness that I don’t want attached to me and definitely does not apply to you) I actually don’t think it’s nice to stay quiet when someone keeps fucking up and it’s affecting you and other people around you lol!
Sorry, like I am nice, but I’m also ‘hopeful’, ‘naive’ and ‘gullible’. I don’t like confrontation though because I’m such a scaredy-cat! I’m a really gentle, softly spoken person!

And I don’t want to change topic, but I’ve done so much travelling in the past and have met people who have lost families, severe deformities, I’ve been refugee camps, hear how hard people work just to ensure they get fed, people who live in war, people who have very little material etc. Like, it’s only natural for me to not take things too seriously as I’m already lucky. I’m not excusing VMP’s unacceptable behaviour of avoiding customers who need their queries solved etc, but it’s just my insight.

Like, I lost my job just on Monday, but I’m not worrying or am getting mad at the workplace for giving me no warning etc. I’m already lucky with what I have and I live with my parents. Like, I can’t get ‘too’ upset! Even when I get a little bit annoyed or serious, my friends laugh and freak out and say I sound like Ariana Grande 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, like I am nice, but I’m also ‘hopeful’, ‘naive’ and ‘gullible’. I don’t like confrontation though because I’m such a scaredy-cat! I’m a really gentle, softly spoken person!

And I don’t want to change topic, but I’ve done so much travelling in the past and have met people who have lost families, severe deformities, I’ve been refugee camps, hear how hard people work just to ensure they get fed, people who live in war, people who have very little material etc. Like, it’s only natural for me to not take things too seriously as I’m already lucky. I’m not excusing VMP’s unacceptable behaviour of avoiding customers who need their queries solved etc, but it’s just my insight.

Like, I lost my job just on Monday, but I’m not worrying or am getting mad at the workplace for giving me no warning etc. I’m already lucky with what I have and I live with my parents. Like, I can’t get ‘too’ upset! Even when I get a little bit annoyed or serious, my friends laugh and freak out and say I sound like Ariana Grande 🤣🤣🤣

I mean no one thrives on confrontation, I hope, but it’s one of those things in life that you’ve just got roll up your sleeves and do it from time to time to avoid being a doormat. That said I do work in an adversarial profession 😂

Back