Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Is this a new thing since last month to put the Essential album of the month up for sale on it's own to non-members, so it can sell out, while people are still having issues logging in on drop day?

Is this another reason they cut the one month subscriptions?

Is this a new thing since last month to put the Essential album of the month up for sale on it's own to non-members, so it can sell out, while people are still having issues logging in on drop day?

Is this another reason they cut the one month subscriptions?

??? It says this is sold out. It's not for sale.

??? It says this is sold out. It's not for sale.

I'm wondering if it was, before. I remember seeing the Dirty Projectors go up before the Records Of The Month were officially announced last month. So... is this just a place holder , then? I would hope so. It definitely pops up in the shop if you're not logged in.

I'm wondering if it was, before. I remember seeing the Dirty Projectors go up before the Records Of The Month were officially announced last month. So... is this just a place holder , then? I would hope so. It definitely pops up in the shop if you're not logged in.
Ever since they moved to Shopify, all ATOMs have had pages like this. The only difference is what comes after the "?" in the URL. To get the ROTM format, it is ?view=rotm and for the standard store formate it is ?variant=(a bunch of numbers) I can't remember if they have always said Sold Out or not but I think so or I think it would have been a bigger deal.

You can even make some weird stuff happen with any album in the shop by putting ?view=rotm at the end. Did you know that Moses Sumney - Grae was ROTM? ;):

If you change the numbers after the ?variant=, it doesn't matter, it will just revert back to what it is supposed to be.

Edit: I think all that really changes is instead of saying "Nutrition Facts" it says "Record of the Month" now. I am pretty sure when I first realized it, it would play the embedded videos from the current record of the month as well. But, maybe that was just for the weird "copy-of" pages they were making then that let us see what the ROTM would be like 2 weeks early.

Last edited:
And also, why is wild wild woman pretty much locked behind the swaps? I wanted to buy it in the store using the coupon but it says sold out, despite it being in swaps at the very bottom...

Ever since they moved to Shopify, all ATOMs have had pages like this. The only difference is what comes after the "?" in the URL. To get the ROTM format, it is ?view=rotm and for the standard store formate it is ?variant=(a bunch of numbers) I can't remember if they have always said Sold Out or not but I think so or I think it would have been a bigger deal.

You can even make some weird stuff happen with any album in the shop by putting ?view=rotm at the end. Did you know that Moses Sumney - Grae was ROTM? ;):

If you change the numbers after the ?variant=, it doesn't matter, it will just revert back to what it is supposed to be.

Edit: I think all that really changes is instead of saying "Nutrition Facts" it says "Record of the Month" now. I am pretty sure when I first realized it, it would play the embedded videos from the current record of the month as well. But, maybe that was just for the weird "copy-of" pages they were making then that let us see what the ROTM would be like 2 weeks early.

Ok. Weird. Thanks for explaining that. I thought it was odd to see it pop up in the store for full price already.

Absolutely love her. She kind of blew up a bit last summer when one of her older songs (Work) was featured prominently on HBO’s Euphoria.

Aside from that, she put out a single...

And also was featured on a Kaytranada song.

I also wonder what she's up to, hope she'll release a debut album in 2020. I really liked both EPs but then wasn't really into Mountains.

I agree with @NathanRicaud though that her feature on the Kaytranada album is incredible, those vocal harmonies in the chorus are gorgeous, it's certainly a highlight on the record.

I think this is by far the best month as far as all three tracks go for me. I'm still going to pass on ISWYD because I'm trying to save money at the moment and Phrenology will get more spins in my house right now. If I wasn't stressed about money this would be my first 3 track month.

I'm not concerned about curation because to me VMPs "curation" has never been a good fit for me. I'm bad at being curated to though.

Edit: I mean since I started, which was with Saba.

Last edited:
CS finally got me sorted for everything going back to November. I got replacements for damaged albums that were still in stock (Lucille) and refunds for those that were out of stock (Comet is Coming, Brubeck...). The replacements arrived Saturday and the $$ hit my bank account about the same time. They also offered me a free record which seemed like a nice gesture. Not meaning to upset anyone else that's still waiting on a response, but hoping others problems will get addressed soon too.

Back