Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Honestly, I'm not quite as bothered as you but I know if something like this ever happened to me I wouldn't be posting about it. I'd just collect my free records with a smile on my face every month...

They did it knowing he'd post about it, though. In the email they even told him he was getting it, because he posts positive things and they want him to continue doing that. So... it's kind of the point.

At least they gave it to one of us, rather than some outside fuck like they did with that Vinyl Junkie clown, while shafting members on the old forum. In fact, that's actually when they banned Nathan. But, I can be ecstatic for Nathan, while not viewing VMP as heroes for doing the right thing -- especially, when it feels like it was for suspect reasons.

I'll take the good news when it comes, but like @Heath stated, I won't view it in any way tgat erases the issues everyone else is dealing with.

Still, I want to be clear that this isn't about you, @NathanRicaud and I appreciate you sharing this information, even if that really was their intention. I know you fought between letting everyone know for fear that you might come across as rubbing it in, but you deserve to be happy and celebrate this. You have a right to be supported by this community that you've always been supportive of. Wooooo!!!

Ok fine I'll be that guy...Nathan's a good guy and on one hand I'm glad that he's getting rewarded for that, but on the other I think this is generally bullshit. People want to drag VMP for deleting critical comments posted on their social media...but we're praising them for sending a perpetual free membership to someone for NOT posting negative comments? It's pretty much the same thing in my mind. This isn't a decision based on purchase history, but rather on someone being nice to a company that deserved every bit of the criticism it had coming its way. And a lot of those nice comments even did more harm than good. And this move just further paints VMP as this poor bullied company just trying to do its best despite all the meanies on the internet.

IDK basically that's awesome for you Nathan (and if it had to happen for someone, I'm glad it was you) but this does not sit well with me at all.
Hence why I said it will not change my behavior.

He's the unofficial VMP hype guy.
Given that they are formally sending his a form of sponsorship, he is kind of a semi-official hype man now.

That's rad. I still have very vivid memories of my teacher in 1st grade doing "Motown Mondays" where she brought in a motown record every week and played it for us.
My 7th grade algebra teacher had a similar tradition of "Red Lobster Friday", where every Friday she would not shut up about her husband taking her to Red Lobster.

They did it knowing he'd post about it, though. In the email they even told him he was getting it, because he posts positive things and they want him to continue doing that. So... it's kind of the point.

At least they gave it to one of us, rather than some outside fuck like they did with that Vinyl Junkie clown, while shafting members on the old forum. In fact, that's actually when they banned Nathan. But, I can be ecstatic for Nathan, while not viewing VMP as heroes for doing the right thing -- especially, when it feels like it was for suspect reasons.

I'll take the good news when it comes, but like @Heath stated, I won't view it in any way tgat erases the issues everyone else is dealing with.

Still, I want to be clear that this isn't about you, @NathanRicaud and I appreciate you sharing this information, even if that really was their intention. I know you fought between letting everyone know for fear that you might come across as rubbing it in, but you deserve to be happy and celebrate this. You have a right to be supported by this community that you've always been supportive of. Wooooo!!!
Thanks again! As soon as I saw the email and was super happy etc, I definitely thought to myself “I have to tell everyone on Needles&Grooves!!!”. But for a second, I did think of not posting it because I don’t know if it would make people more upset etc 😶

For example, I did get banned a few times on the forum for saying really inappropriate things and I kinda feel like people might not forget that and be like “are you serious!? You’re giving this clown free membership” 👀

But I had to tell you guys because that’s what I would do, like I wouldn’t not tell you guys! 😅

Thanks again! As soon as I saw the email and was super happy etc, I definitely thought to myself “I have to tell everyone on Needles&Grooves!!!”. But for a second, I did think of not posting it because I don’t know if it would make people more upset etc 😶

For example, I did get banned a few times on the forum for saying really inappropriate things and I kinda feel like people might not forget that and be like “are you serious!? You’re giving this clown free membership” 👀

But I had to tell you guys because that’s what I would do, like I wouldn’t not tell you guys! 😅
Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. That's awesome!

Edit: and I didn't mean that like I thought that was anyone's intent.

You're not "this guy" to me. I was hoping that ban wouldn't deter you from joining N&G, because you definitely stepped back for awhile after that.

I have a tracking number for a package that should contain Wild Flag and Cornelius.
Today I received an unexpected package, with a different tracking number containing a copy of Cornelius.
Looks like I got a duplicate, maybe?
Finally got all my packages a few days ago from Nov-Jan due to VMP slowness and USPS screwups. Ended up getting duplicates of Aretha, BB, & Run DMC. Ain't gonna complain!

Ok fine I'll be that guy...Nathan's a good guy and on one hand I'm glad that he's getting rewarded for that, but on the other I think this is generally bullshit. People want to drag VMP for deleting critical comments posted on their social media...but we're praising them for sending a perpetual free membership to someone for NOT posting negative comments? It's pretty much the same thing in my mind. This isn't a decision based on purchase history, but rather on someone being nice to a company that deserved every bit of the criticism it had coming its way. And a lot of those nice comments even did more harm than good. And this move just further paints VMP as this poor bullied company just trying to do its best despite all the meanies on the internet.

IDK basically that's awesome for you Nathan (and if it had to happen for someone, I'm glad it was you) but this does not sit well with me at all.
Mmmmmmmm yeah, I totally know what you mean. I definitely did have those times where I was like “that’s not good VMP are doing that” and “VMP are in such a mess at the moment” etc. But I don’t know how to say this, but I’ve always been sending really sweet messages to them and have been praising my favourite exclusives etc

And I sent that one message asking for my credits to be used for a membership renewal and was very nice about it and told them that everything will be OK, and that their exclusives are 🔥🔥🔥 and that I hope they have the best Christmas party and New Years etc. Then my next message to them was only 3 days ago, saying that I renewed the membership because I didn’t want to miss out on their amazing exclusives, and that I wanted to make sure I’ll get the Classics February ROTM as I love Classics so dearly! And I just wished them all the best and hoped that everything is ok etc

I‘m still hearing everyone’s problems and am like “awwww no” when I hear about the issues people are having with their orders etc. I have been critical of VMP for sure, but I think I’m just so in love with them and it’s just natural of me to be uplifting towards them because I love them so much.

But I definitely understand when you said “this does not sit well with me at all” because everything is just really grey at the moment with them and their customers etc right now!

Just to reiterate, I really am happy for @NathanRicaud . He deserves to be rewarded, and anything negative I say about VMP in the context of this situation reflects ONLY my opinion on VMP, not my opinion on Nathan. That being said:

As someone who spent over three years: voluntarily building a reddit community for VMP, organizing AMAs and community-company interactions both before and after the closure of the official forum, helping put together community events, having multiple private conversations with Matt, Amy, and other VMP executive-level employees who personally requested my help with getting some insight into what the VMP community wants/likes, and not seeing a single dime's worth of compensation for it... it really hurts to see how picky and choosy VMP are with rewarding customers for their help

Just to reiterate, I really am happy for @NathanRicaud . He deserves to be rewarded, and anything negative I say about VMP in the context of this situation reflects ONLY my opinion on VMP, not my opinion on Nathan. That being said:

As someone who spent over three years: voluntarily building a reddit community for VMP, organizing AMAs and community-company interactions both before and after the closure of the official forum, helping put together community events, having multiple private conversations with Matt, Amy, and other VMP executive-level employees who personally requested my help with getting some insight into what the VMP community wants/likes, and not seeing a single dime's worth of compensation for it... it really hurts to see how picky and choosy VMP are with rewarding customers for their help
Mmmmmmmmmmm! Like you’ve done so much for them and I haven’t really done anything for them when you think about it because I’m just talking about exclusives and why I like them. You’re actually organising things and even got in touch with their staff! Like all the moderators put in so much effort.

That does really hurt to see VMP be picky about which customers they reward. And you are such a sweet person and it only shows how caring you are too. Like, I don’t even know what to say......

But you helped built a community! That’s really big! And you’ve been so professional and fun at the same time which is something special!

Don’t know why ya do it to be honest. I feel like they have done you dirty over and over again. I appreciate you doing it, But nobody should be running their subreddit for them for free especially now that Storf left it and the reddit mods are doing free publicity for them when they can’t even bother to do it themselves.

You're not "this guy" to me. I was hoping that ban wouldn't deter you from joining N&G, because you definitely stepped back for awhile after that.
I stepped back for a few months because I felt like it was the best way to show I was remorseful and tried to make it look like I was taking the ban seriously, especially as it wasn’t my first time!

Of course I was going to be part of Needles&Grooves! The support and donations and commitment for the N&G being built straight after the VMP forum shutdown was really beautiful to see. And it was just so amazing to see Needles&Grooves be built so quickly! ♥️

But, I can be ecstatic for Nathan, while not viewing VMP as heroes for doing the right thing -- especially, when it feels like it was for suspect reasons.
Agreed completely.

.......and this is why it's a double edged sword. You and I'm sure a lot of other people have gone out of their way for VMP over the years without compensation of any sort. Not to mention the pool of information, opinion, guidance and so on that was the original forum, to the point of helping them "discover" ROTM.

Everything is done from a calculated, face value methodology...........if you still think they aren't ghosting this site, you're delusional. And again, while I'm happy as a clam for Nathan, they're using him, plain and simple...............no offence to Nathan, just sayin'

Back