Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t even know how to say this to you all, because I’m such an amateur 🙈🙉😂🐣🤷‍♂️

But, this morning when I woke up, I was already in such a good mood because I knew I was finishing work early to have nachos with my friends, and I also just had fun in the JQBX room with the Needles&Grooves squad!

I got to work super happy and chirpy and when I started picking my first order, I just checked my email inbox and I couldn’t believe what I just received! I read the email three times just to make sure what I was reading was legit!

I couldn’t contain my excitement and I was jumping up and down saying “omg, omg, omg, omg, GUYS THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER” and the guys around me were laughing and just said “Nathan, take a deep breath mate, calm down and then tell us what’s going on”.

I won’t go into too much detail, but I explained to them who VMP are, and how they have been experiencing a big catastrophe with the store migration etc, and because I was supportive, patient, optimistic and sent friendly emails, making sure the staff were OK etc, VMP gave me free membership FOR LIFE.

I couldn’t believe it! Especially because I’m international, it saves me so much! I don’t know how long VMP will be around for, but I am so happy and enlightened and am so grateful for the VMP team giving this to me and I can’t believe it! I am literally going to be with VMP until the day they stop/until I die. I hope they exist in the long-term because I love them and because I also get a free record every month/being an active member for free, forever!

This is the email!

View attachment 30315
Holy shit that's awesome @NathanRicaud! I'm so happy for you. Couldn't of happened to a nicer person. 🍻

I don’t even know how to say this to you all, because I’m such an amateur 🙈🙉😂🐣🤷‍♂️

But, this morning when I woke up, I was already in such a good mood because I knew I was finishing work early to have nachos with my friends, and I also just had fun in the JQBX room with the Needles&Grooves squad!

I got to work super happy and chirpy and when I started picking my first order, I just checked my email inbox and I couldn’t believe what I just received! I read the email three times just to make sure what I was reading was legit!

I couldn’t contain my excitement and I was jumping up and down saying “omg, omg, omg, omg, GUYS THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER” and the guys around me were laughing and just said “Nathan, take a deep breath mate, calm down and then tell us what’s going on”.

I won’t go into too much detail, but I explained to them who VMP are, and how they have been experiencing a big catastrophe with the store migration etc, and because I was supportive, patient, optimistic and sent friendly emails, making sure the staff were OK etc, VMP gave me free membership FOR LIFE.

I couldn’t believe it! Especially because I’m international, it saves me so much! I don’t know how long VMP will be around for, but I am so happy and enlightened and am so grateful for the VMP team giving this to me and I can’t believe it! I am literally going to be with VMP until the day they stop/until I die. I hope they exist in the long-term because I love them and because I also get a free record every month/being an active member for free, forever!

This is the email!

View attachment 30315
Best VMP related news I've heard in a looooong time.

This is the email!

View attachment 30315
Bully for you, Nathan! Your unceasing optimism is a gift to this community. It’s a smart move for VMP to reward your championing. It will be tough for me to talk shit about the company for at least a few weeks! Cheers bud!

Last edited:

This is the email!

View attachment 30315

Wow, that's crazy. Congrats @NathanRicaud !

This is the email!

View attachment 30315
Amazing! Congrats and enjoy!

Super stuff @NathanRicaud , well deserved. And a good move by VMP as well.

It just begs the question, why didn’t they give me, @Joe Mac or @Mather free membership too. We’ve been nothing but positive about them.

Apart from the time when....

And there was that instance where....

And I recall once or twice when on the forum I typed....

Actually, there’s a very good reason that we didn’t get the free membership. You really deserve it @NathanRicaud , more than some scalper deserves freebies for getting sent too many Mobb Deep. Acts like this may not make me rejoin but I can applaud from the sidelines.

It just begs the question, why didn’t they give me, @Joe Mac or @Mather free membership too. We’ve been nothing but positive about them.

Actually, there’s a very good reason that we didn’t get the free membership. You really deserve it @NathanRicaud , more than some scalper deserves freebies for getting sent too many Mobb Deep. Acts like this may not make me rejoin but I can applaud from the sidelines.

Let’s just hope that VMPs lifetime is healthier than many have speculated here so you properly benefit.

Oh if only I could go back 2 years, I was very positive then, not Nathan levels though, I don’t think they allow that over here...

That said it’s a good job Nathan is getting the free tracks, id just flip em on their current curatorial form 😂

I'm just pissed that that junkie The_stoned_Ape stole $1000 from me and mods here think it's ok to censor me about it.
What happened? I saw a profile post about asking that person to ‘do the right thing’ by you but by the time I peeked at the supposed relevant thread, I couldn’t find any info and assumed there had been some posts deleted.

EDIT TO ADD: just saw your reply. You’re a good person for trying to help someone who may or may not have been in need.

So you guys notice that exclusives are going live and being announced on reddit before they show up on the New section of the site?

just happened with J Lo and Thundercat before

Maybe this is how they are appeasing the diehards since they cant seem to keep non members from buying member exclusives.

I think that @Clint Howard has every right to be furious though. Downplaying his genuine grievance and betrayal won’t help anyone. These are exceptional circumstances and I think most of us would be letting off steam if we were wronged by someone we considered a friend.
Agreed...any one of us would be pissed bout what ape did...karma is a bitch too

This is the email!

View attachment 30315
I have to say I'm impressed. This is the most customer loyalty I think VMP has every shown. And Nathan has proven loyalty beyond all logic, with ongoing positivity. I don't think I've ever seen anyone root for a company as hard as he has through this.

I still wouldn't change my behavior, but it is nice to see them break from "We can't do that/hands are tied" to a real solution for a truly valuable customer turned brand advocate. I could think of plenty of ways to critique this move, but I won't. It's the most human thing I remember VMP doing, and I do commend them for that.

Back