Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I honestly don't remember and the page is long gone so no way to check unless someone remembers.

I was just surprised to see no VMP treatment at all, not even a VMP hype sticker...like I said until I opened it and checked the colour I honestly thought they had just gone down to their local store and bought a bunch of regular copies to send out.

I got the other two Merge exclusives, Caribou and Wild Flag, and both were stamped/numbered. I'm guessing the jacket manufacturer messed up with Spoon.

Only Aretha showed fulfilled. All three subs showed today in the same box.

Fiona shows fulfilled with tracking.
Last remaining tracking number is now a complete mystery.

Here's a hot idea: since every single fucking release by VMP quickly goes wider release, in a different color or plain black, with the same mastering and plates, can we make a thread where we just post VMP alternative variants for everything they release in their idiot store?

Great idea!

Well, informed delivery tells me that I have a package arriving today from the place that my VMP shipments usually come from. I can't see the weight, no tracking email from VMP, and all my orders still say unfulfilled. I guess I'll see what shows up in a couple hours. Exciting!
So it says the package is delivered, but there's nothing here! I literally heard the postal worker scanning packages at the mail boxes, got the informed delivery 'delivered' email, went to check.. and nothing. But my Music Direct catalog was also scanned, delivered and there waiting for me. So either they didn't feel like leaving it, bringing it to my door today, but still scanned it.. or it's gone. Worst part is, I have no idea what was even supposed to be in there..1 record, 3 records, all 6 I've been waiting for? Frustrating..

At 8:02pm, one of my records (Ray Charles) registered as "Fulfilled" with a tracking number.
No details yet on how "heavy" (i.e. - if anything else is in the box) the package is.

I did the math last night. This year, I received (note I didn't say "ordered," that number is higher) 106 albums from VMP.

106!

Glad that my purchase history and being a customer for five years means a damn thing to them, considering preference appears to be given to new members.

Still no email, still just Aretha showing tracking, BB and Run DMC show fullfilled but no number, still just one package on the way weighing 1.5 lbs (that I'm aware of). 5 other records show unfulfilled. I don't think 1.5 lbs could be all 3 ROTMs so perhaps there's a second mystery package with others on the way but I somewhat doubt it.

Exact same situation for me,but once the parcel was received by DHL, it showed a weight of 3lbs - which seems ok for 3 ROTMs. Value is 34$ though... Which is anyway incorrect as invoices are for 0$ for all 3 records. Fun times ahead with customs if they ask for VAT.

Back