Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP looking at this post, probably.

source.gif
The only reason I haven't yet is because I'm SUPPOSED to have SFTD swapped to give to my brother but I'm thinking it's very unlikely I'll even get it.

Reading through recent comments on here, Reddit & Steve Hoffman, there seems to be a lot of anger about the various issues the company has been having & concerns about the future of VMP; which prompts me to add my own personal experience into the mix:

I ended my annual subscription this April after being a member for two years; partly due to finances but also because swaps had dried up of titles I wanted. I’d been signed up for both Essentials & Classics & regularly bought exclusives & other titles.

I just signed up for 3 months to grab the BB King record & it was promptly shipped. I’ve also purchased the Stax box, as it was receiving various Stax/Volt albums through VMP that made me fall in love with the label.

I am a British subscriber & I bought a LOT of records from VMP - sometimes receiving boxes of up to 40+ records when they had good sales - & in all that time I never had a delay in my records being sent & only ever received one album with a dinked corner, for which they immediately refunded me fully, no questions asked. I also always got prompt CS responses.

Maybe I’ve just been extremely lucky, maybe things have just gotten a lot worse in my absence of several months - & I don’t mean to belittle the very real issues other members have had - but my experience as a member of this record club has been nothing but excellent; they’ve really enriched my record collection & expanded my musical horizons & I hope they manage to improve, iron out the issues they’ve been having, & continue to exist.

I can’t wait for January & for 8 new Stax albums to cherish!

TARANTINO FILMS RANKED
01. Pulp Fiction
02. Inglorious Basterds
03. Kill Bill, Vol. I & II
04. Reservoir Dogs
05. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
06. Django Unchained
07. Jackie Brown
08. The Hateful Eight
09. Death Proof

Let the record, show I would rather watch ANY Tarantino film than pretty much every Marvel film.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Jackie Brown
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Django Unchained
6. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
7. Kill Bill, Vol. I & II
8. The Hateful Eight
9. Death Proof

I loved the subtlety of Jackie Brown and its great supporting characters. Robert De Niro was a fantastic subdued sociopath. Brad Pitt's character in Once Upon A Time... really reminded me of him.

Selling out RotMs and having strong revenues doesn't necessarily translate into having healthy profits, cash flows, or even a healthy balance sheet. We did the exercised the other day - VMP can easily be generating $10M+ in annual revenues and be losing month on a month to month basis.

As far as the bold, comparing the situation they are in right not to anything of the past is apples and oranges. They aren't even able to bundle multiple records into single shipments right now. People are receiving their December Essentials and December Classics in separate shipments. This is FAR beyond prior issues.

The fact that they aren't actually processing refunds despite confirming them is a HUGE red flag. Either the system is really THAT fucked, or they don't have the money
Initially I chalked it up to a system error (it was an order placed on the old platform, and I WAS effectively refunded for another order that was placed on the new site). But I'm not so sure anymore

Reading through recent comments on here, Reddit & Steve Hoffman, there seems to be a lot of anger about the various issues the company has been having & concerns about the future of VMP; which prompts me to add my own personal experience into the mix:
I would say this is the case for most subscribers...until it isn’t. Eventually, they will do something that will specifically fuck you over and then you will realize that, in fact, you have just been lucky. Unfortunately, their issues have begun to snowball which in turn is causing more and more of their subscriber base to become less and less lucky.

Back