Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is the worst month I can remember in the past 4 years. If I don't get a shipping notice this week I'm ready to just email them to cancel all outstanding orders and refund my remaining months.
Might as well send that email in, because chances are VMP won't respond until after the new year. And you can certainly do a charge back by Jan 1 if they haven't replied by then.

Account still says "unfulfilled" on this one, too.
Me: Hey VMP's amazing new system that had a complete migration, did you see this?
VMP's new system: Nailed it.

Might as well send that email in, because chances are VMP won't respond until after the new year. And you can certainly do a charge back by Jan 1 if they haven't replied by then.

Me: Hey VMP's amazing new system that had a complete migration, did you see this?
VMP's new system: Nailed it.
And in the past they basically shut down between Christmas and New Years

And in the past they basically shut down between Christmas and New Years

I wonder what they are going to do this year? Chances are, the employees they are making work OT to fix the mistakes already have holiday travel plans. And very soon, they are going to have a skeleton staff. What are they going to do with that CS queue and all those unanswered emails? What are they going to do with all the packages that haven't shipped?

If they really are as behind on shipping as they appear to be AND this migration is as FUBARed as we think it is, they are royally effed.

Hello all,

It has gotten a bit heated in here, which is understandable given VMP's continued issues with logistics. However we decided that we needed to make an official announcement to keep it civil. Some of the language here has crossed the line, and it's not in line with our vision of this place.

Specifically, attacking individuals over at VMP is off the table. Frankly attacking any individuals is not really acceptable, but just because they're not here doesn't mean you can single people out. Too many of the recent posts have waded into this territory, and frankly it's not OK.

You have to remember there are both people here who like the VMP service and those who do not. You should be respectful no matter which side of this divide you sit on, and many here have not been.

If you continue to attack individuals you will be issued warnings, and then possibly temporary bans if it does not stop. The internet does not have to be a combative angry place, but any place will only be whatever its members make of it.

I agree. These employees have responsibilities, families and such and thus stress (caused by the stupid company) at this time of year has my sympathy.

Also, I’m sick of hearing about useless VMP and their excuses. I take no pleasure in their downfall, other than it will change the topic around here

I'm so sorry to cause you to have a minor panic attack. Lol. It really is one of my top 3 that I've received from them. I was initially displeased that they repressed it (because they had previously said they would never repress sold out albums, but they've said a lot of things that they've reversed course on). But after they've repressed so many, I don't really even care. Now I'm just happy that people can get one of the better voldemort AOTMs. If it is still around, people should swap for it. But also, that statement may go to show how out of touch I am with their stock, maybe it isn't available and hasn't been for awhile?
Haha all good. It wasn’t a major panic but I had heard others mention it as a large issue of some sort so I was curious. It’s been gone from the store for a long time. Since they did that ROTM archive sale like 2 years ago I think, which is why I went the Discogs route. I learned then, not to ever buy a sealed copy of a VMP record from Discogs because, you know that shit is going to be warped.

I wonder what they are going to do this year? Chances are, the employees they are making work OT to fix the mistakes already have holiday travel plans. And very soon, they are going to have a skeleton staff. What are they going to do with that CS queue and all those unanswered emails? What are they going to do with all the packages that haven't shipped?

If they really are as behind on shipping as they appear to be AND this migration is as FUBARed as we think it is, they are royally effed.
I work for a well run corporate entity. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay people A LOT of money and force the issue with your employees. Holidays and Vacations are important but your customers ALWAYS come first.

giphy.gif

Totally off topic, just wanted to say that this is one of the hottest gifs on the whole internet, but I'm not sure why.

Totally off topic, just wanted to say that this is one of the hottest gifs on the whole internet, but I'm not sure why.
Have you ever watched Shia Lebeouf’s Inspirational video? That thing is fucking amazing, shot completely on a green screen, and he has a rat tail flapping behind his head the entire time.

I work for a well run corporate entity. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay people A LOT of money and force the issue with your employees. Holidays and Vacations are important but your customers ALWAYS come first.

Yes, totally. You and I agree. I've worked at a large well-ish run corporate entity and had to work every weekend in Dec, no matter what holiday fell on that weekend.

But also, you and I both know that voldemort is not going to execute this properly. "This" being asking/telling their employees to cancel their holidays and then also properly reimbursing them for that.

I wonder if they even pay out for OT or if their message is that they are working for the greater good of the company or there will BE no company come next year. Then they will turn around and line the pockets of all these random angel investors that keep popping up. If all the money goes to Hoss the Boss, American Bulldog Extraordinaire, then I'm good with it.

Have you ever watched Shia Lebeouf’s Inspirational video? That thing is fucking amazing, shot completely on a green screen, and he has a rat tail flapping behind his head the entire time.

Yeah, definitely insanely hot.

This is a video that the people from VMP should watch right after a sign that says: "ANSWER YOUR CUSTOMERS' E-MAILS. DO IT.".

Back