Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So, I got two VMP packages today. Both contained items held back from previous orders (Guaraldi and Stones, respectively). Both boxes also contained ALL THE OTHER RECORDS IN THE ORIGINAL ORDERS WHICH I HAVE AREADY RECEIVED...

This is on top of the double Coltrane from last week.

No wonder their inventory is completely fucked. Everyone's getting multiple copies of multiple albums...

So, I got two VMP packages today. Both contained items held back from previous orders (Guaraldi and Stones, respectively). Both boxes also contained ALL THE OTHER RECORDS IN THE ORIGINAL ORDERS WHICH I HAVE AREADY RECEIVED...

No wonder their inventory is completely fucked. Everyone's getting multiple copies of multiple albums...

Where is the head-shaking emoji?

You could try to get this one I guess :/

It initially came out to order in October I think:

You know who does loads of exclusive limited runs and never has any of the inventory/shipping issues? Newbury Comics.

I’m fairly certain that I have their pressing of this album from 2016(?) it was on just plain red. Sounds great to me. I’d recommend this one.

Edit: it’s this one Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
I bought the green from Amazon for about 15 bucks. That was a year or two ago, but it always drops in price and it's easy to get. There are so many pressings of it at this point
It's the "Free" shipping that you're paying for on every individual record, even if multiple records ship together or you're not a member and paying for the shipping too. Hope that helps. Here's a one time use 10% off code
Just because I didn't see anyone clarify this, there are different pressings of this, not counting all the colors. If it's the "Audiophile" one linked in the twitter post, it isn't the same as Newbury or the green one on Amazon. The "free" shipping @Dead C is talking about with that other release is definitely applying here as well.

It is however, available on Amazon for $24 in black here:

I can't speak to which version is better. I got the AP version a few years ago and it was worth $30.

It's ridiculous that they told you tough luck and then suddenly "found" one after you complained. Completely unacceptable.

Just because I didn't see anyone clarify this, there are different pressings of this, not counting all the colors. If it's the "Audiophile" one linked in the twitter post, it isn't the same as Newbury or the green one on Amazon. The "free" shipping @Dead C is talking about with that other release is definitely applying here as well.

It is however, available on Amazon for $24 in black here:

I can't speak to which version is better. I got the AP version a few years ago and it was worth $30.

It's ridiculous that they told you tough luck and then suddenly "found" one after you complained. Completely unacceptable.
Oh no worries, they'll probably take it from somebody that does have his direct email lol

How have these nimrods not had a data breach yet?

Yep it was unexpected. Haha. He said he had a copy on his desk he would send. He also said that he can’t do this for every situation etc. I’ll let you guys know when it shows up.
TBH, this is probably his personal copy. There is a history of the VMP owners/founders parting with their personal copies of an album if a member missed out due to an error. While it should never have had to happen in the first place, I do applaud him sending you one.

2 cents.

So riddle me this... Have a ticket in with CS because of course apparently it is part of the VMP experience. Finally have a response from someone apologizing for backlog, asking how things were going with ticket, if there were still issues, etc. I respond within 10 minutes with details of what is still an issue. Thinking great... Got some dialogue going... and 36 hours later, still no response. Brilliant...

Question, How much does A 2 LP album weigh? My single copy of Mobb Deep is being delivered by UPS and its 1.40 LBS. Seems a little heavy and I'm waiting on another 4 records from them with no shipping info as of now.

Question, How much does A 2 LP album weigh? My single copy of Mobb Deep is being delivered by UPS and its 1.40 LBS. Seems a little heavy and I'm waiting on another 4 records from them with no shipping info as of now.

If both are 180g and it’s a heavy gatefold that’s sounds about right by the time you add the mailer. Most doubles I send fall into the 500g-1kg price band at the post office rather than the under 500g band.

A double lp will weigh about 1.4 lbs (I think my Morby PIF was that weight).

Back