Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This happened to me too (I had a scratch on Pharoah). I fired off an email as soon as I saw it in TBT and I already have a replacement on the way.

Give it a try - they refunded me for the defective one the first time around. I offered to pay for this one but they gave it to me for free. Pretty cool of them!

Fine, you and @MikeH convinced me. I just sent an email. I will tell you how it goes. Thank you both :)

I can get TWO 1LP versions from @Ethos99 for less than this. Jebus!

Think I'll hold out in hopes of 40% off, or a swap.
yeah, 1k units plus the price makes it seem like it'll make to swaps in the summer. I'm cool with them charging audiophile prices here because this is clearly getting the audiophile treatment, but this needs to be an amazing album to rationalize it.

yeah, 1k units plus the price makes it seem like it'll make to swaps in the summer. I'm cool with them charging audiophile prices here because this is clearly getting the audiophile treatment, but this needs to be an amazing album to rationalize it.

Considering what I (happily) paid for the RSD EP only to see it get deeply discounted at a few places later also gives me hope for this to hit swaps. Or another discount code (especially if they drop another one that's good for pre-orders beforehand!)

Considering what I (happily) paid for the RSD EP only to see it get deeply discounted at a few places later also gives me hope for this to hit swaps. Or another discount code (especially if they drop another one that's good for pre-orders beforehand!)
Yeah, great point. If it was a true jazz album, I could see it, but this seems more new agey like the EP.

Also, fucking Storf, man: "I saw him play Pharoah Sanders' parts of Promises at the Hollywood Bowl in September, and wept for most of the performance" 😂

Yeah, great point. If it was a true jazz album, I could see it, but this seems more new agey like the EP.

Also, fucking Storf, man: "I saw him play Pharoah Sanders' parts of Promises at the Hollywood Bowl in September, and wept for most of the performance" 😂
i mean, i'd probably weep at that too tbh. i absolutely love that album.

I don't question whether it was performance worthy of getting emotional over, I question the validity of the statement in the same way that I question that he first heard John Coltrane via the album Sun Ship at a rural Wisconsin library (as one example among many other things). But, that's just me.

I don't question whether it was performance worthy of getting emotional over, I question the validity of the statement in the same way that I question that he first heard John Coltrane via the album Sun Ship at a rural Wisconsin library (as one example among many other things). But, that's just me.
i'm sure there's some editorial flair in there. he is a writer after all! 😂

Hype man gonna hype. That said, I saw Shabaka perform many of these songs live last week...it was an incredible performance and I haven't been this excited for a new release in a *long* time. The man (Shabaka, not Storf) is a living legend and this one is going to be special.

I mean the first Miles I heard was Tutu that I checked out with Siesta and Think of One by Wynton Marsalis from the Alexandria Va library when I was at my Grandfather’s house one summer in high school.

Back