Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t know the full story, but that song didn’t make it on a lot of early releases, too. I’m only guessing, but Nilsson’s dad left him when he was 3 and the song is about him leaving. The lyrics are quite depressing. I imagine the omission of it may be related to that, but could be wrong.

Not sure what the deal with the tapes is, but there are versions from 1968 that have and don’t have “Daddy’s Song.”
Has nothing to do with that actually! The Monkees recorded a cover version of the song for their film Head and had paid for exclusive rights to the song. So the label had to remove the song without Nilsson's awareness after the early first pressings. Later copies had it because the rights the Monkees had expired.

Has nothing to do with that actually! The Monkees recorded a cover version of the song for their film Head and had paid for exclusive rights to the song. So the label had to remove the song without Nilsson's awareness after the early first pressings. Later copies had it because the rights the Monkees had expired.
Interesting!

Ordered. Pretty sure that’s my vinyl budget for the year though.

Saul_williams_store.jpg

I was just informed today that my preorder of a previous non-VMP version of this was canceled by the label. 🤬
Interesting.

So in the discord Storf said VMP would have limited exclusivity with this album, although a wider release would be made available later. So he was surprised when he saw it going up elsewhere.

My guess is the label jumped the gun with the other editions and pulled back when VMP called them out.

So… if you’re not feeling the VMP version and don’t mind waiting a bit, other versions will come out. Eventually.

Interesting.

So in the discord Storf said VMP would have limited exclusivity with this album, although a wider release would be made available later. So he was surprised when he saw it going up elsewhere.

My guess is the label jumped the gun with the other editions and pulled back when VMP called them out.

So… if you’re not feeling the VMP version and don’t mind waiting a bit, other versions will come out. Eventually.

Wild. While the VMP mockup does look great, the non-VMP version was costing me quite a bit less, so I reckon I'll keep waiting for the wider release. Thanks for elaborating on this - your guess definitely makes a lot of sense.

Interesting.

Hmm strange. I still see it available through Target and other stores with a release date of this week.

Back