Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have to admit that I was suckered into getting it because it was a huge discount on the original price when used as a swap (I obviously love jazz as well).

Same as you. No way I would have spent that money on this record.

But who exactly is this series marketed to do you think?

220617-record-ode-bd-2x1.jpg

I have to admit that I was suckered into getting it because it was a huge discount on the original price when used as a swap (I obviously love jazz as well). But who exactly is this series marketed to do you think?
It’s marketed toward people who buy limited records and don’t really listen to them. Vinyl is very much a collectibles market now, not unlike sports cards. ERC is somewhat similar but toward a higher end market. It’s amazing the amount of people I see selling sealed/unplayed ERC albums a few months after getting them

It’s marketed toward people who buy limited records and don’t really listen to them. Vinyl is very much a collectibles market now, not unlike sports cards. ERC is somewhat similar but toward a higher end market. It’s amazing the amount of people I see selling sealed/unplayed ERC albums a few months after getting them
Theres a podcast called the Vinyl Guide and one episode is dedicated to a company that seals records in hard plastic cases and graded. Similar to graded cards and comics. Madness.

Here's the company:

And heres the podcast:
The vinyl guide

Not for me at all, I'm really not interested and before listening to the podcast ep I couldn't see why anyone that actually valued records for the music and tangibility would bother. However, Nate (the podcast guy) made a great point that he has the first record he ever received as a kid, unplayable and with his scribbles on it. Something like that would be pretty cool to submit simply to have it preserved in something you could display.

Here's the company:

And heres the podcast:
The vinyl guide

Not for me at all, I'm really not interested and before listening to the podcast ep I couldn't see why anyone that actually valued records for the music and tangibility would bother. However, Nate (the podcast guy) made a great point that he has the first record he ever received as a kid, unplayable and with his scribbles on it. Something like that would be pretty cool to submit simply to have it preserved in something you could display.

Just a laughable thing, even more so when you skim the site.

They don't authenticate autographs or sealed records.

And as someone who has some psa graded baseball cards none of these companies will ever answer how archival the encapsulated media is, psa includes. So most likely it is slowly fucking up the graded thing anyways.

Just a laughable thing, even more so when you skim the site.

They don't authenticate autographs or sealed records.

And as someone who has some psa graded baseball cards none of these companies will ever answer how archival the encapsulated media is, psa includes. So most likely it is slowly fucking up the graded thing anyways.
From the interview I think the main thing with these guys is that they are small enough to treat each submittal on a case by case basis. As things grow we all know that that level of precision just wont be maintained.

Seems like a fad to me. I used to "collect" comics a few years back and have lots of rarer first appearances etc in long boxes stored away at home. I did buy a handful of graded comics but I just didn't get the same enjoyment from them. Always felt a bit hollow to be able to obtain a comic I was after but not be able to see the vast majority of it.

Graded cards I get because you get to see the full thing, but comics and records just seem a bit pointless to me other than seeing them as a financial commodity.

From the interview I think the main thing with these guys is that they are small enough to treat each submittal on a case by case basis. As things grow we all know that that level of precision just wont be maintained.

Seems like a fad to me. I used to "collect" comics a few years back and have lots of rarer first appearances etc in long boxes stored away at home. I did buy a handful of graded comics but I just didn't get the same enjoyment from them. Always felt a bit hollow to be able to obtain a comic I was after but not be able to see the vast majority of it.

Graded cards I get because you get to see the full thing, but comics and records just seem a bit pointless to me other than seeing them as a financial commodity.

Agreed. It's why cards and ticket stubbs would be the only thing that makes sense to me.

Oh nice, I also have a copy on its way. Glad to hear it sounds good, although you would expect it to for the $113 price tag 🤣
looks like it was mastered at Gearbox. and the company that made it is in the UK. just got mine today and so far it sounds great.

but it's insane that a $113 record came with paper inners and no poly-lining haha.

20230619_195345.jpg
Part One has been collected and installed.

Now, honest question. I have the IsoAcoustics pucks. The little red 6 lb ones. I'm trying to decide if I replace the feet on the Halo with these, or if what's on there might actually be better.

I'm also will to accept "shut up" as a valid answer.

Last edited:
View attachment 175560
Part One had been collected and installed.

Now, honest question. I have the IsoAcoustics pucks. The little red 6 lb ones. I'm trying to decide if I replace the feet on the Halo with these, or if what's on there might actually be better.

I'm also will to accept "shut up" as a valid answer.
will you accept "wrong thread" as a good answer?

Back