Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Seems like the Beastie Boys has been a popular grab for those re-signing up after a while away from VMP.

So I ended up working the system a bit. I've had classics/country as my main track with the other as my add on for a while now. Wanted to convert my add on track as another subscription and get the bonus records. Was told I couldn't do that, so I just signed up with another email. Gotta love arbitrary rules...

So I have all the classics and country track releases already and a good bit from essentials. Ended up with a good mix on freebies though....

Run dmc
Biggie
PE
Badu
Usher
Strokes
Bright eyes
Turnpike Troubadours

new promotion: Buy 3 get 1 Free:

haven't done the math to see if that's actually a good deal haha

I let my Essentials subscription expire quite a while ago so can't remember all the rules for swaps. Was thinking of re-upping for 6- or 12- months to either Essentials again or the new Rock track. If you aren't interested in the current ROTM for your track (e.g. Strokes) can you swap out for an ROTM in a different track (e.g. Sly)? Or just past ROTM's? I could see myself jumping between tracks a lot to fill in gaps.

I let my Essentials subscription expire quite a while ago so can't remember all the rules for swaps. Was thinking of re-upping for 6- or 12- months to either Essentials again or the new Rock track. If you aren't interested in the current ROTM for your track (e.g. Strokes) can you swap out for an ROTM in a different track (e.g. Sly)? Or just past ROTM's? I could see myself jumping between tracks a lot to fill in gaps.
Yes, you can swap out for another track or anything else in swaps for the five regular tracks. You also can add a track for $36 for one month.

You can even swap for credits to be used in their store.

as others said, you can swap between tracks. if you want next month's Rock track but not this month's title, I would recommend signing up for Rock this month and then swapping it out for a title you want. then you'll be guaranteed a spot for Rock next month.

You will also get an offer for a certain number of free records depending on how long you sign up for. you'll get emailed a code that will let you add those number of free titles from the list of freebies and can check out of the shop with those for free. you do not have to use it right away--the code lasts until the end of the year i believe and they keep adding new titles to it.

you do not have to use it right away--the code lasts until the end of the year i believe and they keep adding new titles to it
This is I did not know! So I could sign up for the full year with 8 free but only select four now and see if anything better come up later? That’s a winner. 😀

This is I did not know! So I could sign up for the full year with 8 free but only select four now and see if anything better come up later? That’s a winner. 😀
No you have to order them all at the same time. You just don’t have to immediately do so. I have my 3 free and am waiting a few months to see what’s added. Usually takes a two-three months for the latest ROTM to be added

Good to know. Anything that keeps me from signing up again saves me money. Especially since I found a copy of that Beta Band box set for a decent price in Montreal, you bastard.

Is the 2019 pressing of Runaways from Sundazed/Modern Harmonics on black vinyl out of print? I have a copy of that and it's quite good. KPG and pressed at RTI IIRC.

Got my Swizz Beats - Long Live Jazz today from swaps and it sounds amazing. I have a couple songs on decent pressing and this just sounds better. Main reason I joined was for surprises like this.

have that one on its way to me! glad to hear it's good!
Oh nice, I also have a copy on its way. Glad to hear it sounds good, although you would expect it to for the $113 price tag 🤣

Was priced as a collectors piece. Quite a lot of companies have been trying to do that and failing
I have to admit that I was suckered into getting it because it was a huge discount on the original price when used as a swap (I obviously love jazz as well). But who exactly is this series marketed to do you think?

Back