Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Just went to go re-sign up for Thelonious Monk but upon getting to the confirmation screen I had a moment of clarity. For a one month sub, after tax, that record comes out to $50... Like goddamn, how are we casually spending this much on VMP records
I'm not. ESPECIALLY with the absolute subpar crap that the RHH track has become. Thought it was supposed to get better once they brought the new guy on a while back to work on curation. Instead, it's been weaker than it has ever been in the company's existence.

Just went to go re-sign up for Thelonious Monk but upon getting to the confirmation screen I had a moment of clarity. For a one month sub, after tax, that record comes out to $50... Like goddamn, how are we casually spending this much on VMP records

Totally get this. I re-joined last month and I'm "Swap for Credit"ing every month (with the plan being to use the credit for the Impulse! Anthology if that ever happens) and just adding on for the couple titles I want while I'm a member (SRV and Roach last month.)

I really like all four titles this month, but I don't think I'm getting any. I already have an OJC of Monk's Music, I have a CD of Transatlanticism, I'm buying the Blue Note Classics version of Madlib, and I don't need Sturgill's 4th best record.

Our work here is done. Good job unreasonably outraged faceless online hive mind, you've made me proud.
I'm not. ESPECIALLY with the absolute subpar crap that the RHH track has become. Thought it was supposed to get better once they brought the new guy on a while back to work on curation. Instead, it's been weaker than it has ever been in the company's existence.
I think the hip hop dude is doing a good job honestly, I've aligned with his picks more than Storfs but the price point is just all wrong. There are very few hip hop records I want to spend $50 on. Essentials has been so forgettable the past year and classics has been good, but again the price point is all wrong. Like few classics have been essential owns lately, especially not at $50. Lets be real, that Blue Note album from last month would've been a $17 pick up on Amazon if it was part of the Blue Note classics series.

The Vanguard thing. I'm assuming they have plenty of stock or else why put a $300 item in swaps if it's selling well or low stock? So if they have plenty, why make only a tiny number available? I mean the effect for me (and I assume others) was to log in exactly at noon like I was trying to get Taylor Swift tix. But everyone going after a swap is already a member, right? So what does VMP really gain from this? For me, I just swapped for something else instead, I didn't spend any more money than I otherwise would have.

The Vanguard thing. I'm assuming they have plenty of stock or else why put a $300 item in swaps if it's selling well or low stock? So if they have plenty, why make only a tiny number available? I mean the effect for me (and I assume others) was to log in exactly at noon like I was trying to get Taylor Swift tix. But everyone going after a swap is already a member, right? So what does VMP really gain from this? For me, I just swapped for something else instead, I didn't spend any more money than I otherwise would have.

It is way to show to their members the perks of sticking around as a subscriber. Even if they only do it once every three years. The 50 people who got it are going to be more tempted to re-subscribe saying I got a $260.00 box set for $36 once. Not saying it is right, but that will be some people's mentality. Then again it could just piss off a bunch of people that didn't get it, so it works both ways.

It is way to show to their members the perks of sticking around as a subscriber. Even if they only do it once every three years. The 50 people who got it are going to be more tempted to re-subscribe saying I got a $260.00 box set for $36 once. Not saying it is right, but that will be some people's mentality. Then again it could just piss off a bunch of people that didn't get it, so it works both ways.

Also hoping people try for it then miss out and they buy it out of fomo

Also hoping people try for it then miss out and they buy it out of fomo

I guess I am just a different animal but I tried listening to some of those albums and it was a no go for me. I think someone said something about maximum listening please over maximum value and I feel that. I'm so trying to get better about only buying things I will really listen too.

I went for the Vanguard and was sold out, but I was able to get the Comedy Store, Swizz Beatz, Smiley 50th Anniversary (curiosity really) and the Thelonious Monk.

Really solid month IF vmp is able to sort out the issues with posting my records to the wrong address......Brown Sugar shows as being delivered yesterday but no sign of it at my address.
Is there another address like a work office you can send it to? If not definitely go to your post office to find out why they keep changing your address after it arrives in the UK.

Alternatively, go to the new address they keep getting shipped to and get acquainted with whoever keeps getting your records.

Honestly I do kind of wish they didn't do the swap preview and I would have opened up swaps and been like, holy shit, TWO anthologies!!!

Ha yeah I think that's who it was back when they put the Woodstock box set in swaps. I was lucky enough to grab one of those too, back when add-ons were $24 no less

I guess I am just a different animal but I tried listening to some of those albums and it was a no go for me. I think someone said something about maximum listening please over maximum value and I feel that. I'm so trying to get better about only buying things I will really listen too.

I understand what those words mean individually but when I put them all into a sentence I don't understand it

Back