Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If expensive AF now but the KPG of ZZ Top is insanely good. It will not be beat, full stop. But it's hard to find so if this even came close I'd be happy with that.
If like to hear that one to compare to my OG. I'm sure it's better, because I'm not blown away by it, but it's an album I'd upgrade. It's probably the only one of these I'm interested in, but I'm curious about the track either which way.

If like to hear that one to compare to my OG. I'm sure it's better, because I'm not blown away by it, but it's an album I'd upgrade. It's probably the only one of these I'm interested in, but I'm curious about the track either which way.
Yeah the thing with that one is, it really benefits from KPGs "detail" oriented mastering. You get that nice stacatto high end. The rim shots on La Grange are tight and biting. With RKS's tendency to soften and round the edges on things, I'm not certain he's the right guy for the job on this one. Although I'm just guessing it would be him doing it...

Last edited:
Yeah the thing with that one is, it really benefits from KPGs "detail" oriented mastering. You get that nice stacatto high end. The rim shots on La Grange are tight and biting. With RKS's tendency to soften and round the edges on things, I'm not certain he's the right guy for the job on this one. Although I'm just guessing it would be him doing it...

one of the best sounding classic rock records in my collection. it has a ton of punch.

IMG_3410.png
Storf’s CaseLogic binder of CDs is what we thought it was

The Strokes had the UK (better) cover and has New York City Cops (better) instead of When It Started
While I agree that “New York City Cops” is a better track than “When It Started” NYC Cops is on both the US and UK vinyl reissues so that isn’t a differentiating factor between the two.

I also agree that the UK cover art is better (though I had a soft spot for the US cover art since that’s the cover I owned).

I already own both the US and UK on wax so I am good regardless but it’s more of a difference of album artwork to anything else. I will say the US pressing can in a gatefold where the MOV UK pressing came in a single pocket sleeve.

I already own the MOV strokes so that's out, found sublimes ST to be only ok, and know zero about zz top or STP to really warrant the want, I'm totally down for SOAD and raw power Iggy mix but I dunno if I'm spending that 36 bucks

Definitely recommend getting acquainted with those two bands you're not familiar with. Very different styles, but both are rock legends.

IMG_3410.png
I'm not entirely familiar with that STP album, outside of Sour Girl which is one of my faves, but I think I'd still pass on it. Out of these I may be interested in the Stooges and SOAD (I already own the Stokes) but not enough where I'd join back if I wasn't already subbed (I did 6 mo for 3 bonus albums last week). My feelings on Sublime have been made known and ZZ Top is one of my least favorite classic rock bands.

I do hope this leads to some cool shit I need though like AIC's Jar of Flies. Edit: Unplugged would be incredible though.

Last edited:
After revisiting Toxicity years later this morning I've decided I would sub back specifically for it. I really thought I wouldn't appreciate it more as a 40-something but it's better than I remember. Even Chop Suey.

System of a Down has one of the most consistent 5-album discographies available. I don't think they ever missed.

Back