Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP's hype sales are so ridiculous that you really just have to pick that one thing you really really want, get it in your cart, immediately check out and pray it worked. Trying to get multiple items is impossible.

Kind of wish they would've just fucked off tbh. Don't put up titles on the restock unless they're actually restocked.
EDIT: And this is handling this miles better than reddit is right now...
Right, calling it a “restock” is completely misleading. Finding 3 copies of an album isn’t a “restock.”

Alice Coltrane sold out while PayPal was redirecting me back to VMP to bask in the Tina... instead I got slapped with an OOS error 🤬 I'm salty
yea elton john and djo sold out in my cart when i went to check out....

the best way to do it is shop pay. least amount of clicks to check out. but also you need to just do one at a time to check out and prioritize what you want it seems.

ALL of the popular titles were on the 13 copies end. I can't even call that a restock.
not sure that's entirely true. i bet low end theory had a few hundred restocked and sold out quickly. i wanted that one and missed out on it.

at the end of the day, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation. there's no real way to make it fair to add warehouse finds and make everyone happy. is it better for them to just not sell these copies at all? i get that it's frustrating but honestly don't know what the solution is?

not sure that's entirely true. i bet low end theory had a few hundred restocked and sold out quickly. i wanted that one and missed out on it.

at the end of the day, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation. there's no real way to make it fair to add warehouse finds and make everyone happy. is it better for them to just not sell these copies at all? i get that it's frustrating but honestly don't know what the solution is?

It feels like something that a company could use their waitlist function for. Add to the waitlist and if extra copies are found those folks are notified via a restock email as opposed to a wide scale social post.

Low End Theory sold out as soon as it became available.

Here's my thoughts on this at the end of the day:

If you're going only going to have a small handful of these titles available, don't put them in the restocks unless you're going to ACTUALLY restock. You're just going to piss off 100s of customers to make only a few happy.

Low End Theory sold out as soon as it became available.

Here's my thoughts on this at the end of the day:

If you're going only going to have a small handful of these titles available, don't put them in the restocks unless you're going to ACTUALLY restock. You're just going to piss off 100s of customers to make only a few happy.
My view is (sorry I know you didn't ask but...) at the end of the day they got hundreds of users to the site and if VMP did this sale again tomorrow I think most of those users would be back mashing that refresh button, pissed off or not.

The argument with that would be only the people who check their email at the right time would get things.

A fair argument, but probably a better system than giving a list in advance of a tiny restock bringing a slew of new people in trying to get it -feels more likely to get it to fans who want it via a waitlist. They could pair it with a more vague "a series of restocks are coming in soon, we will send emails at 12:00 PM EST when available so keep an eye out" and make people at least waitlist titles they want?

There's no really fair system outside of possibly a lottery but running a lottery for 5 copies is also nonsense.

My view is (sorry I know you didn't ask but...) at the end of the day they got hundreds of users to the site and if VMP did this sale again tomorrow I think most of those users would be back mashing that refresh button, pissed off or not.
You could only do this so many times before that goodwill runs out though IMO. I'm still hugely in favor of doing a proper restock and make more people happy than stringing them along in some vinyl hunger games.

I just signed up for VMP for the first time 2 months ago. This was my first drop I wanted some stuff in. Luckily I read these forums and knew what I was in for. Was doing a bunch of calculations on the $150 sale only to find out pretty much everything had to go one by one.

Really wanted that Booker T so secured that individually first. Pretty excited to add that to the collection. Only way I found it was typing in "Christmas". Was going to buy that Soulful Strings too but might wait that out now, it also seems to have weird shipping requirements.

Exciting and frustrating all rolled into one.LOL

Back