Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wonder if the Donna Summer is DJ sequenced like the original? Side 1/3on one disc and 2/4 on the other. I have two clean original, but I want this, haha. It’s my Friday afternoon album. It’s amazing.
Screenshot_20210106-124902_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210106-124904_Chrome.jpg
Appears to be the same order as the original? Whether that's DJ order or not I don't know...

More Zamrock coming at ya

Tempted on this one but I already got that Zamrock box set and multiple Ofege records. If I didn't get the Donna Summer, I would have probably pulled the trigger. Figures I havent bought an exclusive from them in weeks and this week theres 2.

That's insane, talk about lack of empathy!

In regards to the DOOM stuff, it doesn't surprise me to see the second-hand market trying to cash in as well. A while ago I sold the full collection of Special Herbs as it was taking up a lot of shelf space and I was not really playing them that much. I had it listed for what I thought was a reasonable amount of £110 for the full set of 5 (plus 5 7" singles) and it took a few weeks to sell. I had a look earlier at discogs and people are listing a single release for £90+.

wow. just looked up special herbs 1 & 2. Which I bought when it came out. if you look at price it's sold for £50. If you look t listings for sale, the cheapest is £500. Nobody will pay that much

View attachment 82734View attachment 82735
Appears to be the same order as the original? Whether that's DJ order or not I don't know...
Yeah, it’s the same. I was wrong though, it’s 1 and 4 on the same disc and 2/3 on the other. Which makes less sense for 2 turntables so it must have been for changers.

only way we’ll know is to see the discs.

Always thought they were that way for record changers. What does it help DJs with?
I have several 2xlp from the 70s that are like this. I also always assumed it was for stacker/changers as well. I know my copy of Kiss Alive and Bowie Stage are this way. I think my copy of Hot Rocks might be like this as well.

With automatic turntables and stackers you could play side 1 and then side 2 would drop on top and you could play it next without ever getting up for you couch

This.
Is.
AN OPTION??

Lol you probably wouldn't want those though. They weren't always gentle with the records and tended to leave scratches.

It was when you had one of the fab all-in-one 1000 pound audio unit (turnable, AM/FM radio, 8 Track with 2 massive speakers) like my parents did. This is the small apartment unit.
View attachment 82745

That's gorgeous by the way. If it's yours, you should pull out the old gear and retrofit it with your new modern turntable and use the console. I've seen a few of those and they look great.

I love that Donna Summer “Bad Girls” exclusive!!! I love the album, love Giorgio Moroder’s disco production on the album too! Very happy it’ll be AAA and remastered at Sterling by Ryan Smith! Instant cop for me as Bad Girls is a classic album! ♥️💎😎

Really impressed to see this album get ranked into Rollingstones top 500 albums of all-time list recently too! 👏👏👏

I am guessing you are aware of this and are likely just taking a piss but if not...
View attachment 82746
But also, so that big ol' metal arm just kinda, scrapes all across the bottom side of the record as it drops it down huh? That's.... horrifying...

-ponders whether destroying all his records is worth getting up from the couch 50% less-

-lights cigarette-

Let's do this shit.

Last edited:
But also, so that big ol' metal arm just kinda, scrapes all across the bottom side of the record as it drops it down huh? That's.... horrifying...

-ponders whether destroying all his records are worth getting up from the couch 50% less-

-lights cigarette-

Let's do this shit.
Would make those 2x45 mofi discs a bit more tolerable

-ponders whether destroying all his records are worth getting up from the couch 50% less-

-lights cigarette-

Let's do this shit.
TBH I wouldn’t mind one for 45’s, put a stack of five singles and make my own analog mix tape.

I love that Donna Summer “Bad Girls” exclusive!!! I love the album, love Giorgio Moroder’s disco production on the album too! Very happy it’ll be AAA and remastered at Sterling by Ryan Smith! Instant cop for me as Bad Girls is a classic album! ♥️💎😎

Really impressed to see this album get ranked into Rollingstones top 500 albums of all-time list recently too! 👏👏👏
that record did totally intrigued me, but at the same time hearing that it has production from giorgio moroder is pretty cool

Back