Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Are we expecting the "Swap for Store Credit" to be applied today with yesterday being a Sunday? I believe it normally is the 2nd of the month when they apply it to your account, no?

EDIT: Ugh, I need to read - second BUSINESS DAY of the month. I guess that is a no on today then. ;)

Last edited:
It's now over a month since I ordered Idler Wheel. I thought VMP shipped no later than the 15th of each month for member orders?
Mine was placed just before I ended my membership. I feel like they are punishing me. Technically they have until tomorrow the 26th (7 business days from 10/15) but I am not holding my breath. It also means I probably won't get it until November. Such a load of shit from a once-good company. They better not sticky pudding this order up!

Oct 15, 2020, 7:26 CST

Hi Dave,

This order has been released and is in the process of being packed and prepared for shipment. This should ship in the next 1 - 7 business days and you'll receive tracking information once it leaves the warehouse.

Let us know if you need anything else

Matt
Customer Support Agent
VMP

11/2 and still no activity on my order from late September. Fuck these clowns once I get the albums.

The release descriptions continue to be awful...

"Recorded in between periods of tumult and distress--he was in and out of jail with a bear of a heroin addiction--Gordon is one of the finest men to ever put a reed in his mouth, and this album--particularly "Autumn in New York"--belongs in every discerning Jazzbo's collection."

"Recorded in between periods of tumult and distress--he was in and out of jail with a bear of a heroin addiction--Gordon is one of the finest men to ever put a reed in his mouth, and this album--particularly "Autumn in New York"--belongs in every discerning Jazzbo's collection."

What's the consensus on these? There's no mention of source so I'm guessing they're all digitial? I'm tempted...

Same here but I want to know source. Pricing and no mention of it has me skeptical..

This is kind of where I'm at. Checking discogs, it seems as though the Booker album had a reissue in 2013 "from analog tapes" but that doesn't always mean AAA. There's no mention of a new remaster or something so I'm guessing they're using the same metal? Looks like the Dexter had a remaster/pressing in 2013 as well, so I have to guess these are the same.

This is kind of where I'm at. Checking discogs, it seems as though the Booker album had a reissue in 2013 "from analog tapes" but that doesn't always mean AAA. There's no mention of a new remaster or something so I'm guessing they're using the same metal? Looks like the Dexter had a remaster/pressing in 2013 as well, so I have to guess these are the same.
but the COLORS!!

but the COLORS!!
lol

Yeah all four of these titles were pressed in 2013 "remastered from the analog tapes" but I don't see who did the mastering listed anywhere-- so I'd have to bet they're digital. The bundle puts them at $30/each, which is pricey for a standard press, standard jacket, and likely digital source...

lol

Yeah all four of these titles were pressed in 2013 "remastered from the analog tapes" but I don't see who did the mastering listed anywhere-- so I'd have to bet they're digital. The bundle puts them at $30/each, which is pricey for a standard press, standard jacket, and likely digital source...
They’re DMM from tapes, according to their Twitter.

Four dashes in one sentence! Who wrote this, Emily Dickinson?

They’re DMM from tapes, according to their Twitter.

Oh awesome, okay thanks for the update. Bleh I'm still tempted, I really like Booker in particular-- and they're not super available on Discogs. I think I'll pass in the end.

Any of the jazz albums hard to get/must owns? It's not sounding like it from the descriptions
Dexter Gordon's Daddy Plays The Horn is one of his best. The OG is mad expensive and tricky to find. Im lucky to have the first UK pressing and even that was a super lucky find. That being said, if its DMM as @bobomac2 pointed out then I would likely pass on it if I were you.

Saying that though Im being a hypocrite as the others are standing out to me.....

You know, the crazy thing is, I'd buy all 4 of these if they were even slightly more reasonably priced, even if they're DMM. I know VMP's trying to cater to vinyl people that are clueless and have a lot of disposable income, but man, I have to think that pricing these at like $27 (still high!) would move them and still bring in solid profit. I don't know, it's their business I guess.

You know, the crazy thing is, I'd buy all 4 of these if they were even slightly more reasonably priced, even if they're DMM. I know VMP's trying to cater to vinyl people that are clueless and have a lot of disposable income, but man, I have to think that pricing these at like $27 (still high!) would move them and still bring in solid profit. I don't know, it's their business I guess.
These aren’t big titles but I know at least that Dexter Gordon album is great and the Mingus album is good too though it is a compilation of earlier releases. I’m sure the others are good too. Hopefully they stick around for a while until people can comment on the sound quality. If they’re good I might pick them up. Bethlehem always had good sound quality on their jazz albums (In my experience at least) so even if they aren’t AAA, I’m sure they will sound pretty good.

These aren’t big titles but I know at least that Dexter Gordon album is great and the Mingus album is good too though it is a compilation of earlier releases. I’m sure the others are good too. Hopefully they stick around for a while until people can comment on the sound quality. If they’re good I might pick them up. Bethlehem always had good sound quality on their jazz albums (In my experience at least) so even if they aren’t AAA, I’m sure they will sound pretty good.

Eh yeah I was tempted, but I just got the 2013 press of Book Cooks from Discogs for $25 shipped, so that's good. If VMP had just priced these a little better, I would've bought all four instead of using them for their curation and buying elsewhere. I'll comment on the quality of this version when it shows up although I don't know for sure if they're using the same metal or not.

Back