Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Urghhhh Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages has been delayed until December.

Classic.

I canceled my membership a couple of months ago, so this is the only string I still have attached to Very Meaty, Pizza. I suppose that allows me to sporadically pop in here and post about how much I despise this company and think they're a cancer to this hobby.

I'm still waiting on my other outstanding exclusives to finally ship (winning bet was always on 'oops, sorry, next month'), but at least Just Coolin' arrived and looks great. It's only transparent in the runout, but the colors melded together beautifully.

Also, here's Hunter, who is still playful/evil at almost 14 and has no interest in vinyl at all

Hunter - porch.jpg

I'm an OG member that helped fund their start - but haven't gotten any emails or notification with any recent shipments that the prices are going up (again).

Got to say that this 40 buck a record shit is growing thin and I'm about to step off. Anyone else feeling this way that VMP is just about the benjis now?

If they pressed some sup exclusive ish I might be able to justify; but literally half of what I get (i'm subscribed to the essential and hip-hop) is stuff I can pick up off amazon anyway... for 80 a month I could be getting some really amazing shit instead of two hipster swaggy lps monthly.

welcome to the party
get on the molly, the xan, the lean

i am not rapping anymore of that song because ableist slur

Yeah. This is my last 3 months. I’ve said that a few times before - but this was before the price hikes. I am using the 3 month bridge pricing and then out!

View attachment 72702

This is Dexter. He passed away a couple of weeks back. So we’re all still a little sad...
I was wondering why you posted a picture of a picture and then I scrolled down....and now I'm crying. That is such a great photo to have of him, though.

We got a dog when I was 4 and we had her until I was 20. She was my favorite in the world. I think the most comforting thought for me was just knowing that she had a happy life and was loved and well cared for.

@NathanRicaud stock check on the Jazz Dispensary albums? wondering if any might make it to swaps next month.
Hey Jeff! I totally forgot to get back to you because everyone’s beautiful pets were totally distracting me in this thread! 🙈😆

So, the Jazz Dispensary exclusives should make it swaps! But I don’t think they will be in next month’s swaps. I think they will be in the swaps for January or February!

There are 190 copies of the Jazz Dispensary bundle left; plenty left in stock. And the Idris Muhammad ‘Black Rhythm Revolution’ has 160 copies left - that is the Jazz Dispensary title that’s selling the most in the VMP store! So overall, there are 350 copies of the Idris Muhammad left for sale in store!

The second title that’s been selling the most is the Bernard Purdie ‘Purdie Good!’. There are 181 copies left of that one left, 21 more copies extra compared to the Idris Muhammad. For the Bernard Purdie, there are 371 copies left for left for sale in store!

I’m guessing these Jazz Dispensary titles will go on sale for Christmas or for a Cyber Monday sale before being they end up being a Swaption! I doubt these titles will be a Swaption (it’ll be the same case as Shabaka & The Ancestors Exclusive and how that did not hit Swaptions much later despite it being in the hands of all customers that’s purchased it).

I was a member since Weezer. I was on with a Classics stream for a couple of years and would dip every couple of months or so into Essentials but I let my membership lapse in early 2020. Came back grudgingly for Spiritualized for 3 months. Thought of staying with the bridge offer and switching to Classics again but nothing coming up or from the last few months have interested me.

Sadly if they string together 2-3 killer Classics reissues (not easily available in other audiophile pressing) I might hop back on but I am trying to be strong. Thankfully I had to do some roof work this fall so that has grab a chunk of my readily available savings.

cancelled! i emailed them asking why this was, and that i didnt receive any notifications. i politely asked why this was and how it was possible that their records are now 40-50 bucks a pop. my response was they cancelled my account instead and refunded me lol. i was told that they cant cancel my existing subscription midway and that i need to let it run to march.

these folks deserve to go under; especially getting greedy in times of covid. ill be listing a lot of my vmp records soon as i want no part of this legacy.

Mad at myself for thinking I had until today to cancel and logging in to cancel yesterday 2 hours after I was charged for the 3 month bridge deal. 😩

Back