Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah. This is my last 3 months. I’ve said that a few times before - but this was before the price hikes. I am using the 3 month bridge pricing and then out!
It is just hard to shake the negative feelings I have for VMP. The way they treated the old forum cut deep. Since then I’ve made an effort to buy as little as possible from them when other good options are available. And, all the VMP missteps since has made cutting way back from VMP easy.

Still I have a near complete Classics Collection (missing one) so I kept renewing Classics every mth with an occasional addition.

I didn’t trust the company enough to up for the year when the raise was announced so I went with 3mths. End of Nov is the renewal. Every month I buy more records than I need. No shortage of other options at this point. Got to cut back somewhere. NOT supporting VMP would maybe bring me more pleasure than the growing Classics shelf and the crazy price hike makes it an easier decision. 🤔

Is anybody else still waiting for their copy of Just Coolin to ship?? I'm starting to get a little nervous that a refund email will be coming my way saying they do not have any left in stock.

Yeah Im still waiting. Im assuming it will be grouped into my monthly bundle like it’s supposed to be, even if many lucky people got it earlier.

Last edited:
Yes, there is tons of discussion about this in the main VMP thread, no need to have a specific thread for this.

Yes, there is tons of discussion about this in the main VMP thread, no need to have a specific thread for this.
I appreciate someone said this first....I'm not sure why this is a thread. This topic has been discussed for the last few months, as the price increase is old news at this point.

Although the non-track records do seem to have gone up fairly recently. But, still...plenty of places to discuss it. Though, what the hell do I know? In the end, people can discuss what they want where they want; just seems redundant.

Note: I'm ambivalent about VMP so I don't treat them in a whole Voldemort sort of way; that is, I don't care about seeing another VMP thread per se. I feel the same way, for example, when someone makes a thread for a specific equipment issue they're having rather than putting it in the general thread that addresses equipment issues.

I suppose I care, as I posted something. But, keep in mind, it's a level of care commensurate with the issue. So, in the totality of all my cares it's like an ingrown hair on my bum - mildly annoying but hardly in need of professional care.
Right. That is basically what I was saying. There are larger issues in life.

XO, LDP. I mean that.

I'm all for an entirely chaotic, all encompassing VMP thread. A bit of carnage is good for the soul. Plus all the existing ones are a bit repetitive and mainly made up of either;

(a) exasperated current customers praying for the next record to be flat and pop free

(b) former customers telling (a) that the grass is greener and

(c) Nathan

I'm all for an entirely chaotic, all encompassing VMP thread. A bit of carnage is good for the soul. Plus all the existing ones are a bit repetitive and mainly made up of either;

(a) exasperated current customers praying for the next record to be flat and pop free

(c) Nathan

d) pictures of puppys

(c) Nathan

isn’t that every other VMP thread, and specifically the store (edit: oh wait that’s what you said, sorry)

d) pictures of puppys

Awwwwwww puppies

and the odd kitten here and there

You’ve lost me again 😂

Is anybody else still waiting for their copy of Just Coolin to ship?? I'm starting to get a little nervous that a refund email will be coming my way saying they do not have any left in stock.

Yeah Im still waiting. Im assuming it will be grouped into my monthly bundle like it’s supposed to be, even if many lucky people got it earlier.

I hate this about their inventory management. I'll be getting a replacement copy before many like you even get their first copy shipped. It sucks, everyone that ordered it should have it shipped promptly. I've been on the waiting side many times while some people have received not one, but two replacements even before I get my first one!
Anyway, I hope your copies ship and arrived safely. Cheers.

Did anybody receive Freddie Gibbs yet? I think it's my last remaining VMP record and it has said "in stock" seemingly for months...i know that doesn't really mean anything but...

Back