Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

New Fleet Foxes coming. Guessing that means it's dropping Wednesday. I'll be at a funeral so I may need some help getting a copy.
confirmation it'll be in the store? releasing tomorrow but not sure if that means pre-orders for physical release. would be cool if VMP said so so we didn't have another Fetch the Bolt Cutters situation

confirmation it'll be in the store? releasing tomorrow but not sure if that means pre-orders for physical release. would be cool if VMP said so so we didn't have another Fetch the Bolt Cutters situation

Or Odelay. Still prefer the Bongload though

My copy of "I, Jonathan" is out of 0506/1056 instead of 1000 and I have a few (meaningless) questions:

Is this practice limited to VMP?
Did they give in to complaints of people having a higher copy # than the pressing total (eg 1025/1000)?
Is 5.6% a typical amount for overruns?

Not complaining, just curious.

My copy of "I, Jonathan" is out of 0506/1056 instead of 1000 and I have a few (meaningless) questions:

Is this practice limited to VMP?
Did they give in to complaints of people having a higher copy # than the pressing total (eg 1025/1000)?
Is 5.6% a typical amount for overruns?

Not complaining, just curious.
Any decent retailer will have more than 1000 printed, so they can replace faulty ones. It isn't common to have the "out of" number higher like that, though. Your latter example is a more common way to number them. I believe it is up to whoever makes the order to decide how many extra. 56 definitely seems weird!

Also warped. :(
How badly? Have you got a local record store that does flattening? If so, see how much it is and get VMP to reimburse you the amount + like $5 or something! I do that now with everywhere I buy vinyl from as CS is usually happy to adjust in some way!

if the vinyl is extremely severely warped; like if you saw the discs in my Madvillainy video, then I would ask for a refund. Otherwise, I just get it flattened and ask for a partial refund. That way, my local benefits from me spending money for their service + it saves a copy!

How badly? Have you got a local record store that does flattening? If so, see how much it is and get VMP to reimburse you the amount + like $5 or something! I do that now with everywhere I buy vinyl from as CS is usually happy to adjust in some way!

if the vinyl is extremely severely warped; like if you saw the discs in my Madvillainy video, then I would ask for a refund. Otherwise, I just get it flattened and ask for a partial refund. That way, my local benefits from me spending money for their service + it saves a copy!
Bad enough that I asked for a replacement. I don't have a local that flattens, but VMP has been great at sending me replacements when I ask (if they have them) and I give the warped copy to my brother who has a lower end setup that I don't worry about damaging.

Back