Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, it's true. Mac DeMarco isn't country! I won't put his name with country ever again! I promise! I just......wanted country music to be sexy because a lot of his music is sexy! 😉😏🙊
Haha it was more the Max thing. He does kinda remind me of a country music busker with his out of tune guitar and his unkempt look. I love him for it though.

tracks i hope for
Hard Rock (Metal, Punk, Garage, Emo, Noise Rock, etc)
Dance (EDM, IDM, House, Trance, Dubstep, etc)

Tracks it probably will be
Crate Digger (Now Again leftovers, LITA leftovers, Mr Bongo leftovers)
Country (Sam Hunt as the ROTM and a ton of other bro acts with the occasional highwomen or similar artist)

tracks i hope for
Hard Rock (Metal, Punk, Garage, Emo, Noise Rock, etc)
Dance (EDM, IDM, House, Trance, Dubstep, etc)

Tracks it probably will be
Crate Digger (Now Again leftovers, LITA leftovers, Mr Bongo leftovers)
Country (Sam Hunt as the ROTM and a ton of other bro acts with the occasional highwomen or similar artist)
Stop being so pessimistic Dukey! 😆

If it is a Crate-Diggers' track we get, they will be great choices! They won't be Light In The Attic/Now Again/Mr. Bongo leftovers, trust me! VMP have already been working on the track and would have a strong line-up already! They would pick great records, like Orchestra Baobab/Ali Farka Touré! 💯

I am more than onfident VMP will consistently deliver excellent ROTM picks for the Crate-Diggers ROTM track! 👍

I thought I'd just do a random stock check on Shabaka & The Ancestors and it says there's only 40 left in stock. So that means VMP would've taken around 300 copies out, to put into the September Swaptions! 🔥 🔥 🔥

And maybe they did take some Whitney Houston out as well, to put into the September Swaptions too! Not sure about that though (especially as its been selling quite well in comparison to the Shabaka), but I am pretty certain Shabaka & The Ancestors will be in the next Swaptions! 🤞

Although the Swaptions weren't amazing for August (there were some nice surprises though - Sampa The Great, MF DOOM, Holy Hive, BBNG, Jason Isbell), I think the September Swaptions might be a bit better just with Shabaka & The Ancestors being in there! 😃

Last edited:
Stop being so pessimistic Dukey! 😆

If it is a Crate-Diggers' track we get, they will be great choices! They won't be Light In The Attic/Now Again/Mr. Bongo leftovers, trust me! VMP have already been working on the track and would have a strong line-up already! They would pick great records, like Orchestra Baobab/Ali Farka Touré! 💯

I am more than onfident VMP will consistently deliver excellent ROTM picks for the Crate-Diggers ROTM track! 👍
That is quite optimistic given the fact that they have a track record of 0 for unearthing crate digger records outside of the labels mentioned. and frankly there is a reason that specialized labels are working on that. Finding and curating is not easy but maybe doable but than tracking down rights owners, clearing these rights, getting masters from long folded micro labels etc etc is tedious hard work that vmp could only manage if they invest in people that do that. in the past they have tried to shoulder gigantic projects like the anthologies with the people they have already on board leading to e.g. the extras on the anthologies being rather lackluster. And those were easy projects with established labels and well documented artists.

I would not call orchestra baobab or Ali farkas Toure crate digger. Those are bona fide world music staples . A world music sub would maybe make sense. That could be in the realm of possibilities of things vmp could manage

That is quite optimistic given the fact that they have a track record of 0 for unearthing crate digger records outside of the labels mentioned. and frankly there is a reason that specialized labels are working on that. Finding and curating is not easy but maybe doable but than tracking down rights owners, clearing these rights, getting masters from long folded micro labels etc etc is tedious hard work that vmp could only manage if they invest in people that do that. in the past they have tried to shoulder gigantic projects like the anthologies with the people they have already on board leading to e.g. the extras on the anthologies being rather lackluster. And those were easy projects with established labels and well documented artists.

I would not call orchestra baobab or Ali farkas Toure crate digger. Those are bona fide world music staples . A world music sub would maybe make sense. That could be in the realm of possibilities of things vmp could manage

100%! I can't see VMP getting even close to what Samy has been doing with Analog Africa or Vik with Ostinato Records, just to name these two.

100%! I can't see VMP getting even close to what Samy has been doing with Analog Africa or Vik with Ostinato Records, just to name these two.

I feel so naive now! I feel like there's less of a chance of VMP doing a crate-diggers track then in 2021! You guys are both so right, VMP hasn't shown themselves to be the kind of company that can do exclusive Crate-Digger like exclusives on their own! 😶

I feel so naive now! I feel like there's less of a chance of VMP doing a crate-diggers track then in 2021! You guys are both so right, VMP hasn't shown themselves to be the kind of company that can do exclusive Crate-Digger like exclusives on their own! 😶

They can have a Colored-variants-Crate-Digger's-records-others-did-but-not-us-because-we-don't-know-shit track

Frankly, they don't have to. there are great labels specialized in this. They are not even a label. Their a subscription service with sometimes stellar rotms. If they would work on fixing the problems they have I' d be back on board soon. But it seems they have all these guys dreaming about new cool projects that no one really likes to do the boring work that goes into fixing fulfillment, quality control, customer service, their store software etc.

Last edited:
They can have a Colored-variants-Crate-Digger's-records-others-did-but-not-us-because-we-don't-know-shit track
I think that would be good though so then more people are exposed to the music and it further supports those labels/artists too! As VMP is the biggest vinyl club, it will be huge for those artists/labels to get that exposure! Because ROTM's are huge! They're advertised on Instagram, and sell a lot! I'm definitely for it! And I think VMP will collaborate with a lot of different labels and will choose excellent albums and will give it that extra special treatment :love:

Reactions: Jan
I thought I'd just do a random stock check on Shabaka & The Ancestors and it says there's only 40 left in stock. So that means VMP would've taken around 300 copies out, to put into the September Swaptions! 🔥 🔥 🔥

And maybe they did take some Whitney Houston out as well, to put into the September Swaptions too! Not sure about that though (especially as its been selling quite well in comparison to the Shabaka), but I am pretty certain Shabaka & The Ancestors will be in the next Swaptions! 🤞

Although the Swaptions weren't amazing for August (there were some nice surprises though - Sampa The Great, MF DOOM, Holy Hive, BBNG, Jason Isbell), I think the September Swaptions might be a bit better just with Shabaka & The Ancestors being in there! 😃
They’re not going to pull stock for swaptions a whole month in advance.

They’re not going to pull stock for swaptions a whole month in advance.
I think VMP would do that! Why else is it down to 40 copies? Do you think it's because of all the replacements they had to send to everyone? And the warehouse did a stock count and VMP updated it?

I think VMP would do that! Why else is it down to 40 copies? Do you think it's because of all the replacements they had to send to everyone? And the warehouse did a stock count and VMP updated it?
Probably something like that, they ran an inventory check shortly before swaps opened to get accurate stock figures (it’s why Noname erroneously appeared in stock for a hot minute).

Same reason Ivy Sole’s live album saw a dramatic decrease. For her’s it makes even more sense, as before the adjustment it literally showed that only a dozen copies had sold. And that’s been in the store since, like April.

LOW STOCK ALERT TIME! 🚨🚨🚨

Whitney Houston Boxset - 13 copies left 👀
Christelle Bofale VMP Rising - 13 copies left 😲
Loleatta Holloway - Cry to me - 25 copies left❗
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor - 8 copies left :eek:
Afro Peruvian Classics - 20 copies left 👀

The Afro-Peruvian Classics is definitely going to sell out soon, as it dropped yesterday, and the Whitney Houston boxset won't last long either, as will the Local Natives! 💥

Last edited:
LOW STOCK ALERT TIME! 🚨🚨🚨

Whitney Houston Boxset - 13 copies left 👀
Christelle Bofale VMP Rising - 13 copies left 😲
Loleatta Holloway - Cry to me - 25 copies left❗
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor - 8 copies left :eek:
Afro Peruvian Classics - 20 copies left 👀

The Afro-Peruvian Classics is definitely going to sell out soon, as it dropped yesterday, and the Whitney Houston boxset won't last long either, as will the Local Natives! 💥

I love it when you, @Kyuuji and others do these stock checks.
Can you possibly see what it looks like for the Nina Simone AP? My plan is to pick this up with swap credits.
Alternatively I think about getting Donny Benet "Mr. Experience" and James Booker "Classified". Can you see the stock for them?

I love it when you, @Kyuuji and others do these stock checks.
Can you possibly see what it looks like for the Nina Simone AP? My plan is to pick this up with swap credits.
Alternatively I think about getting Donny Benet "Mr. Experience" and James Booker "Classified". Can you see the stock for them?
Me and @Kyuuji love doing this for you guys! 😉

Donny Benét - 41 copies left
James Booker - Classified - 657 copies left
Nina Simone - Little Blue Girl - 42 copies left

Enjoy using your 10% coupon to grab what you need Bluecloud777! 😘

The James Booker is definitely going to hit the sales section! They should’ve limited that one to 500 copies, so don’t worry about grabbing that one, although $2.30 off, means you get it for only $20.70 + free shipping which is great! 👍

agree ! not at the same quality and detail.
i must grab some more from them. the packaging and the music on the compilations i have from each of the labels is superb, but whom am i telling this?

agree ! not at the same quality and detail.
i must grab some more from them. the packaging and the music on the compilations i have from each of the labels is superb, but whom am i telling this?
@Skalap is the expert in this area! I love his passion for those more obscure/crate-digger labels! He turned me onto Analog Africa and I can confirm that the music put out by them is great and their pressings are great too! ✅

I think that would be good though so then more people are exposed to the music and it further supports those labels/artists too! As VMP is the biggest vinyl club, it will be huge for those artists/labels to get that exposure! Because ROTM's are huge! They're advertised on Instagram, and sell a lot! I'm definitely for it! And I think VMP will collaborate with a lot of different labels and will choose excellent albums and will give it that extra special treatment :love:

Or, considering all the issues VMP customers faces every month, it will give a bad image of these reissues label and their passionate owners. In addition, what special treatment VMP gave to these records? A colored variant? For $15 more? Seriously? I love Mr Bongo, I love Analog Africa, I love Ostinato Records, I love Mad About Records, I love Superfly Records, I love many other reissues labels and I don't want them to work with VMP. I want these small reissue labels to keep doing what they have been doing and I'll keep supporting them. They probably never get big and I am not even sure they want to. It's not a VMP question, it's a question of who record collectors want to support.

Back