Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Me and @Kyuuji love doing this for you guys! 😉

Donny Benét - 41 copies left
James Booker - Classified - 657 copies left
Nina Simone - Little Blue Girl - 42 copies left

Enjoy using your 10% coupon to grab what you need Bluecloud777! 😘

The James Booker is definitely going to hit the sales section! They should’ve limited that one to 500 copies, so don’t worry about grabbing that one, although $2.30 off, means you get it for only $20.70 + free shipping which is great! 👍

Thanks a lot for that valuable information. 😍👌

By the way, do we know how limited AP pressings usually are? Do they usually keep on repressing them? For instance some The Doors AP pressings had been on backorder on Acoustic Sounds. Oh, I just see they are available again, also the Infinite Vinyl boxset of The Doors for $400.

Thanks a lot for that valuable information. 😍👌

By the way, do we know how limited AP pressings usually are? Do they usually keep on repressing them? For instance some The Doors AP pressings had been on backorder on Acoustic Sounds. Oh, I just see they are available again, also the Infinite Vinyl boxset of The Doors for $400.
You’re welcome! ☺️

Yeah, AP titles aren’t really limited! They sell well, and sell out but usually get repressed! Just goes to show how great the quality of those pressings are, with prices like that! 🏆

Last edited:
Or, considering all the issues VMP customers faces every month, it will give a bad image of these reissues label and their passionate owners. In addition, what special treatment VMP gave to these records? A colored variant? For $15 more? Seriously? I love Mr Bongo, I love Analog Africa, I love Ostinato Records, I love Mad About Records, I love Superfly Records, I love many other reissues labels and I don't want them to work with VMP. I want these small reissue labels to keep doing what they have been doing and I'll keep supporting them. They probably never get big and I am not even sure they want to. It's not a VMP question, it's a question of who record collectors want to support.
I want my free shipping though! 🙈

Just kidding! But for real, I tried to order some records from Mr. Bongo and they didn’t ship to Australia, and all those other labels via Bandcamp etc, the shipping is just too much! It’s like I have to make a big order! Kinda like what I did with Sam Records (my god I love Sam Records so much!).

I really appreciate that VMP do free shipping, especially as I’m international! I love them so much for that! ♥️♥️♥️

Back to what you’re saying though, that is a good point! You don’t want the owners to be given a bad name due to the issues VMP have! But also, I think the positives will outweigh the negatives and the owners will be so proud to have VMP collaborating with them! Of course some of them wouldn’t want to do it, but would be so happy with the ones who do want to do it! 😊

I want to support everyone, but want to support VMP the most because they tick the boxes for me with costs, exclusives and I love their ROTM and great CS service (apart from the waiting time)!

I want my free shipping though! 🙈

Just kidding! But for real, I tried to order some records from Mr. Bongo and they didn’t ship to Australia, and all those other labels via Bandcamp etc, the shipping is just too much! It’s like I have to make a big order! Kinda like what I did with Sam Records (my god I love Sam Records so much!).

I really appreciate that VMP do free shipping, especially as I’m international! I love them so much for that! ♥♥♥

Back to what you’re saying though, that is a good point! You don’t want the owners to be given a bad name due to the issues VMP have! But also, I think the positives will outweigh the negatives and the owners will be so proud to have VMP collaborating with them! Of course some of them wouldn’t want to do it, but would be so happy with the ones who do want to do it! 😊

I want to support everyone, but want to support VMP the most because they tick the boxes for me with costs, exclusives and I love their ROTM and great CS service (apart from the waiting time)!

It's not free shipping when you're asked $15 more for the same record.

$15 more is exaggerated! So are you saying an album like Afro-Peruvian Classics, which is pressed at Pallas, starts off as $12, and then the VMP more than doubles the price for their exclusive variant at $27!?!? 🤔

NO!

Shabaka's last record is $39, most of the past AotM are $34 to $40, Mr Bongo colored variants are all $6/8 more expensive, there are many other examples.

Shabaka's last record is $39, most of the past AotM are $34 to $40, Mr Bongo colored variants are all $6/8 more expensive, there are many other examples.
Ok, so VMP exclusives are around $6-$8 more expensive. That is definitely a pretty big markup but you get the free shipping! $8 is a big markup but it’s not a massive markup like $15!

Ok, so VMP exclusives are around $6-$8 more expensive. That is definitely a pretty big markup but you get the free shipping! $8 is a big markup but it’s not a massive markup like $15!

While @Skalap is right on some records, I mostly agree with @NathanRicaud. Free shipping is a great benefit for us internationals, especially if you buy in a clever way. APs for instance would at least be 65 to 70€ over here in Germany, and when buying at VMP it's only about 52€. Many exclusives are not that much more expensive than limited Indie versions in Germany. Of course some pricing is ridiculous like Shabaka or Whitney, but for many records it's not such an enourmous difference. Also most what VMP puts out sounds pretty good, unless you get a noisy copy with some scratch or production problem. I think if I was in the US I might not be a member, but for Internationals it really makes sense, most of the time. 👍

I calculated on these 3 Mr Bongo variant records VMP did, it's $26 each so $78 shipped (considering you are a VMP subscriber). The same three records shipped to Australia directly by Mr Bongo comes to $88. So you are right, you "save" $10 when ordering through VMP. On the other hand and comparing devils, Shabaka's last album is $21,99 on Amazon and $39 on VMP.

I calculated on these 3 Mr Bongo variant records VMP did, it's $26 each so $78 shipped (considering you are a VMP subscriber). The same three records shipped to Australia directly by Mr Bongo comes to $88. So you are right, you "save" $10 when ordering through VMP. On the other hand and comparing devils, Shabaka's last album is $21,99 on Amazon and $39 on VMP.

But of course you're now comparing a standard black edition of Shabaka with a limited colored edition. I agree the price difference is still too high, but I would expext a colored limited edition to be more expensive. Whether one needs colored limited editions at all is another question of course. 🙂

What's all this people talking country and not throwing Gram/ Burritos/ Gram era Byrds in about? Grevious Angel should be in everyone's record collection. Gram And Emmylou busting out the harmonies is a massive yes! As should Sweetheart for that matter and Gilded Palace of Sin and Burrito Deluxe.

I want to cancel a vmp order - coral keys - mainly because I realize I can get this locally which I didn't realize would be the case when I ordered..

Anyway I think I bought it partly with credits and partly with cash. Is it possible that refund me everything to my PayPal or would the credits go back to credits? I really don't want a balance with them since I'm not a member.

The credits were assigned for a damaged record.

I want to cancel a vmp order - coral keys - mainly because I realize I can get this locally which I didn't realize would be the case when I ordered..

Anyway I think I bought it partly with credits and partly with cash. Is it possible that refund me everything to my PayPal or would the credits go back to credits? I really don't want a balance with them since I'm not a member.

The credits were assigned for a damaged record.

I would just ask CS to cancel your pre order and to give you a refund and see what they do. I think they'll do it.

On the other hand and comparing devils, Shabaka's last album is $21,99 on Amazon and $39 on VMP.
Yes, this is true, but this is the same for everything Amazon sells. You’re better off not buying from the Blue Note store if you want to get The Tone Poet albums, as they are USD$35, compared to like USD$25 from Amazon. Same thing with Shabaka, how much was it from their store?

Jessie ware’s vinyl at her store was £20.99 (AUD$38) + shipping. At Amazon, I purchased it for AUD$27. So, you are saying it’s good to purchase from Amazon then!

Yes, this is true, but this is the same for everything Amazon sells. You’re better off not buying from the Blue Note store if you want to get The Tone Poet albums, as they are USD$35, compared to like USD$25 from Amazon. Same thing with Shabaka, how much was it from their store?

Jessie ware’s vinyl at her store was £20.99 (AUD$38) + shipping. At Amazon, I purchased it for AUD$27. So, you are saying it’s good to purchase from Amazon then!

I am not saying it's good. I am comparing Amazon with VMP the same way you compare VMP with a small label and/or artist. You'll always have ways to save money purchasing from bigger players. I prefer to give my money to the artists/labels ($10 different isn't a big difference) than to a company who asked me what I could do with more time :)

Back