Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I had asked @cul8er if it was the VMP version as I was thinking about buying it, but was worried about a possible bad sound quality of the Glow-in-the-dark. Also I hadn't seen such a color on discogs at all. It was indeed the record received from VMP. Sound quality shall be quite good.
It's interesting red ones exist too. Maybe they did both colors? Or possibly the red one🍷 looks green 🍵 when glowing/ under light? 👀
Mmmmmm that’s so weird! 🥴 Maybe he did get the wrong colour or maybe the glow in the dark effect does give a green look even if it’s a red variant! 🧐 Interesting!!! 👁

Ha Ha, yeah, I'm the one that made the discogs entry! ;)

I am curious if anyone does have the red color. If I look closely enough, there is a very faint red whisp in the record. Maybe just one tiny pellet of red was dropped in the press 🤷‍♂️. I'm not too upset about it, but the red would be nice.

I did send an email to vmp telling them about the color. I also said I didn't need anything for it. They basically replied "sorry about that."

I'm spinning it again right now, and it plays clean. Admittingly, it is difficult for me to tell if there is any sound distortion because a) I'm an old that has been to many shows so my ears ain't quite that great, and b) Hanni El Khatib's sound is inherently grunge/garage/punk rock so any distortion from the record may actually be his intent. In any case, I am enjoying this record!

Cheers!

Ha Ha, yeah, I'm the one that made the discogs entry! ;)

I am curious if anyone does have the red color. If I look closely enough, there is a very faint red whisp in the record. Maybe just one tiny pellet of red was dropped in the press 🤷‍♂️. I'm not too upset about it, but the red would be nice.

I did send an email to vmp telling them about the color. I also said I didn't need anything for it. They basically replied "sorry about that."

I'm spinning it again right now, and it plays clean. Admittingly, it is difficult for me to tell if there is any sound distortion because a) I'm an old that has been to many shows so my ears ain't quite that great, and b) Hanni El Khatib's sound is inherently grunge/garage/punk rock so any distortion from the record may actually be his intent. In any case, I am enjoying this record!

Cheers!

WTF! I specifically bought it cause it was t he red GITD. I dont own any red GITD rekkids. Boo

Been waiting since the 26th about the whole "charged a month early" thing - no dice.
Been waiting since the 31st with a response from CS to get refunded the third and final month of my sub that I had to cancel so I wouldn't get fucked over - you guessed it! No dice.

Who is even running this service anymore? Because I'm convinced they just twiddle their thumbs and hope people like me go away so they don't have to be reminded that the company they work for doesn't have a single clue about how inept their model and service is. And I can certainly tell you getting automated emails telling me they "haven't forgotten about me" is definitely making me more frustrated. I hate to be that guy but this is getting to be ridiculous.

Been waiting since the 26th about the whole "charged a month early" thing - no dice.
Been waiting since the 31st with a response from CS to get refunded the third and final month of my sub that I had to cancel so I wouldn't get fucked over - you guessed it! No dice.

Who is even running this service anymore? Because I'm convinced they just twiddle their thumbs and hope people like me go away so they don't have to be reminded that the company they work for doesn't have a single clue about how inept their model and service is. And I can certainly tell you getting automated emails telling me they "haven't forgotten about me" is definitely making me more frustrated. I hate to be that guy but this is getting to be ridiculous.

you're not that guy, don't worry. these guys suck.

i emailed them this friday asking why they haven't shipped my order from 4/25 to me and why they haven't responded to any of my messages that i've sent over the last 6 weeks. i indicated i'd just like a refund if they didn't actually plan on sending them to me, and this is the response i got:

Vinyl Me Please said:
Hey there,

Sure thing! I canceled that order and pushed a refund to your original payment method. Please allow 72 hours for the refund to appear on your statement, and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help with moving forward.
Elli
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

i think that's about the final straw for me. they can go to hell.

By the way, did the swapping to store credits work correctly for everyone who wanted to try? How much credit did you receive, especially the Internationals who did this? Did it appear right after swaps had closed?

I haven't tried it the last month, just wondering if that has worked out smoothly.

By the way, did the swapping to store credits work correctly for everyone who wanted to try? How much credit did you receive, especially the Internationals who did this? Did it appear right after swaps had closed?

I haven't tried it the last month, just wondering if that has worked out smoothly.
I tried it and worked for me. My main sub is Classics which I wanted to keep, so I swapped RHH for Classics then swapped my Classics for credit which for an international user was $36. Credit was received the day after swaps closed (as I believe they mentioned as well) so everything was pretty smooth. If you swap an add on track I think you would only get $23 which seems like a useless option since you may as well cancel the add on.

Swapped an add on track. They charged on June 1st, taxes too, $24.60 USD. Full amount showed as a credit on the 3rd. I haven't bought anything with it, yet.

I tried it and worked for me. My main sub is Classics which I wanted to keep, so I swapped RHH for Classics then swapped my Classics for credit which for an international user was $36. Credit was received the day after swaps closed (as I believe they mentioned as well) so everything was pretty smooth. If you swap an add on track I think you would only get $23 which seems like a useless option since you may as well cancel the add on.

You're probably right it being kinda useless. My idea was it basically kept my place in line for next month. So if next month is insanely popular, I wouldn't need to worry about adding the track.

Swapped an add on track. They charged on June 1st, taxes too, $24.60 USD. Full amount showed as a credit on the 3rd. I haven't bought anything with it, yet.

You're probably right it being kinda useless. My idea was it basically kept my place in line for next month. So if next month is insanely popular, I wouldn't need to worry about adding the track.
The annoying thing with VMP is that they allow all these random loopholes. You probably could’ve done the same thing as me and swap your add on track to your main track’s album and then swap the main track for credit, which should’ve been more than the add on track credit. Main reason I did it is because I wanted to swap for the Shabaka album which wasn’t in the swap list, so for $3 bucks more I did that with the swap credit, so I dont feel bad for taking advantage of it.

The annoying thing with VMP is that they allow all these random loopholes. You probably could’ve done the same thing as me and swap your add on track to your main track’s album and then swap the main track for credit, which should’ve been more than the add on track credit. Main reason I did it is because I wanted to swap for the Shabaka album which wasn’t in the swap list, so for $3 bucks more I did that with the swap credit, so I dont feel bad for taking advantage of it.

You are definitely smarter than I was to figure that out! I'll have to try that next time. Cheers!

I might have to try that next month if they don't put Shabaka in swaps again. Although I'm on a yearly sub, so what would my credit total amount to?

I just got $23 for swapping my extra sub. Not worth it to me as I could have just spent the amount directly on whatever I wanted to get in the store.

Not doing that again unless I want to swap my main sub.

Yeah, that would have been worth it. I should have thought of that. Maybe I try that next time. Should just be automatic though, because as is, swapping a side-sub for credit is pointless.

Last edited:
Back