Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

They can, but will they?

A guaranteed sellout, money en route from visa/wherever? "Naw we good, let's hope the members don't riot."

I have no problem with that gateway allowing non-members to order, because it really only seems to let former members order with free shipping and, even when others get through, that's just part of being up on the hustle. There are several reasons why someone wouldn't want a membership at this point. My problem is if orders are actually allowing people to break the 2 copy limit. That's something that they should be able to easily regulate and cancel over.

I never expected it to sell out this quick to be honest. I was fortunate enough to get a copy without even seeing the pressing numbers, im guessing it was low? You never know buddy, there might be a few more they put up like they have in the past after a 'sold out' record. Fingers crossed.
It was limited to 300. In total, between all variants and black vinyl, this entire press was limited to 1,000. Yesterday on reddit there were a lot of "never heard of this but i'll buy it based on the cover. hope i like it!" and "i already bought the Fat Beats version but will buy the VMP one too!". I think a lot of flippers bought this one too based on the hype on reddit yesterday. Not a lot of people seemed to even know what this record was. I've been wanting a good copy for awhile and I like the Tidal Waves pressings I have so I was able to grab one through my friend.

Seems counterintuitive (shipping costs go up for them) but, being VMP it makes sense.
yeah, my last package got lost by USPS, so USPS told me to file a claim and alert the shipper. I did that - no response from VMP for two weeks. Within that time my box moved from Chicago to Wisconsin to Iowa and back to Chicago and then appeared without warning. VMP never responded, so I wrote an email to close the ticket.

They then sent me a survey asking how they did.
FWIW the PO lost about 7 records from May including Woodstock, Tyler from customer service sent me replacements, should be here Monday.

It was limited to 300. In total, between all variants and black vinyl, this entire press was limited to 1,000. Yesterday on reddit there were a lot of "never heard of this but i'll buy it based on the cover. hope i like it!" and "i already bought the Fat Beats version but will buy the VMP one too!". I think a lot of flippers bought this one too based on the hype on reddit yesterday. Not a lot of people seemed to even know what this record was. I've been wanting a good copy for awhile and I like the Tidal Waves pressings I have so I was able to grab one through my friend.

I think the total is actually 1,100

500 black
100 LITA
100 Fat Beat
100 ZIA
300 VMP

Still, not very much.

And yeah, I really, really, really want VMP to do an exclusive of Eugene McDaniels’ “Headless Heroes of The Apocalypse”! I absolutely love that album! I remember discovering this album because of A Tribe Called Quest sampling the track “Jagger The Dagger”, and my goodness, is Jagger The Dagger a magnificent song!!!

Eugene McDaniels would be such a great Classics ROTM! I really hope VMP give it the Classics treatment! Would be awesome to get an AAA pressing of Headless Heroes of The Apocalypse!
Agree 100 percent that one is one of my favorites, I've been holding off on buying it though. Parasite is just devastating,

Agree 100 percent that one is one of my favorites, I've been holding off on buying it though. Parasite is just devastating,
Mmmmmmm That last track is absolutely amazing! It’s so touching and Eugene’s vocals on that track are so nice too! It’s such an incredible album. Outlaw is good album, but Headless Heroes of The Apocalypse is a masterpiece! 💯

So how much time does CS takes to get back to you guys? I received three records from VMP today. First, Norah Jones AP: last song The Nearness of You doesn't play well, there are some kind of woosh on her voice. @Poly-Rythmo do you have the same issue? It happens when she sings a bit louder. Second, Fania Live at Yankee Stadium: both records are warped and will need to be replaced. Third, Rosetta Tharpe: slight warped but I'll spin the record to make sure it's playable.

Well, VMP at their best.

So how much time does CS takes to get back to you guys? I received three records from VMP today. First, Norah Jones AP: last song The Nearness of You doesn't play well, there are some kind of woosh on her voice. @Poly-Rythmo do you have the same issue? It happens when she sings a bit louder. Second, Fania Live at Yankee Stadium: both records are warped and will need to be replaced. Third, Rosetta Tharpe: slight warped but I'll spin the record to make sure it's playable.

Well, VMP at their best.

Oh dear, reliably poor as always!

Well, VMP at their best.
I'm on 2.5 weeks for never receiving my record, but some people hear back the same day, so it's worth a shot.

So how much time does CS takes to get back to you guys?
Depending on the request anything from ten minutes, to four days, to never. Sucks that there's so many issues with yours, my recommendation is just be persistent. Currently waiting for a response because my swaps changed today, two weeks into the month.

I've been subscribed for under a month and have had to contact support on five different occasions about various issues, each occasion requiring multiple requests to hear back from and two of which have yet to get a response at all.

Even though I wish I purchased it, i don’t care too much about missing out on Skull Sessions to be honest. Colour variant does look incredibly good though! Something I cannot miss out on however, would be the Herbie Hancock Anthology Boxset (which contains 8 Herbie Hancock albums in there). Like, that’s something I really cannot miss otherwise I’ll be like “😡😠😡😠”! Nah mean!?!?

I just know I won’t get it if it comes back in store as I’ll be asleep. But yeah, happy for everyone in this forum who got a copy of the Skull Session 👏👏👏
I am SO excited for the Herbie box as well. Hoping it doesnt cost too much and that they choose some of his more obscure releases!
Damn that is low. I noticed that there was a 2 limit when I bought my copy, so hopefully, it wasn't flippers that swept them up.

I'm on 2.5 weeks for never receiving my record, but some people hear back the same day, so it's worth a shot.
I ended up messaging them through Instagram and gave them my email address to check, got back to me the same day after that. It was kind of ridiculous because all I wasn't to know was what I was actually getting as I wasnt sure if my swap went through. It was a 2-minute job for them to check once they actually looked at my request.

Depending on the request anything from ten minutes, to four days, to never. Sucks that there's so many issues with yours, my recommendation is just be persistent. Currently waiting for a response because my swaps changed today, two weeks into the month.

I've been subscribed for under a month and have had to contact support on five different occasions about various issues.
Just a tip for any future issues, it's based on a ticket system so in theory, I believe if you email again it takes your original ticket to the bottom of the pile.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there, I just remember reading that ages ago so have always tried to stick to just 1 email.

I am SO excited for the Herbie box as well. Hoping it doesnt cost too much and that they choose some of his more obscure releases!

Damn that is low. I noticed that there was a 2 limit when I bought my copy, so hopefully, it wasn't flippers that swept them up.

I ended up messaging them through Instagram and gave them my email address to check, got back to me the same day after that. It was kind of ridiculous because all I wasn't to know was what I was actually getting as I wasnt sure if my swap went through. It was a 2-minute job for them to check once they actually looked at my request.
I have now sent an email, commented on IG, commented on FB, and sent them a DM about an issue with Anthology I have had--it is missing one of the albums...Complete radio silence. I have no idea how to get in contact with them beyond that...

Just a tip for any future issues, it's based on a ticket system so in theory, I believe if you email again it takes your original ticket to the bottom of the pile.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there, I just remember reading that ages ago so have always tried to stick to just 1 email.
I thought that originally which is why I waited several days before following up and then received an immediate response on that occasion. There's no consistency for me between time or amount sent and hearing back from them.

Oh damn really. I wonder if they pick up on it once they go to ship. Like if someone ordered 20 records out of the 300 surely they would flag that up?
I personally do not think that they check it at all. I assume they take the money and don't look back. There are lots of sellers on ebay and discogs with tons of copies of VMP albums and exclusives (Vinceron comes to mind). We have also seen the "glitches" where VMP's system was telling Saddle Creek that one person bought 25 copies of something like The Infamous and it went unchecked.

We'll find out soon enough. Sadly, I think flippers were all over this one. Even just on reddit, there were people saying they bought multiple copies or had no idea what the album was but bought it because they knew people wanted it.

Bottom of the page so update for those curious, including Outlaw.

dwdqcjh5.jpg

screenshot2020-05-13aynj5a.png

screenshot2020-05-13afqj35.png

screenshot2020-05-13axmkxf.png

Back