Vinyl Me, Please Rock

I was hoping that the VMP Master Of Reality would have move wallop over the current versions out there. The cough at the start of Sweet Leaf really shouldn’t be louder than when the band kicks in but is on all current versions. My personal favourite Sabbath album is Sabotage which may have benefited from the treatment a little more than MOR.
It is a bit of a let down after they did such a good job with the first several Rock ROTMs. It is not bad by any means, I was just excepting better. As I mentioned all ready, my issue is the drums. On good pressings they are a bit murky but pack a wallop. RKS made them more distinct but in doing so took away some of the punch.

I am still happy with this pressing and it is miles better than my previous beat up copy.

It’s an audiophile release for sure. I’m willing to bet that lots of people will love it. It’s just a little neutered.
I’ve never had an early UK release, but this sounds much better than any US release I’ve had. But yeah Sweet Leaf in particular does not sound good. The rest of the album is quite a bit better though. I think it’s probably the best pressing readily available (assuming they keep repressing this).

Patrick Stewart as the sick neo-nazi leader villain in that movie is so perfect.
They took one of the nicest seeming guys ever and turned him into an absolute wretch.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Green Room made my wife feel uneasy and we turned it off half way through.
The first time we watched it my wife moved from the couch to a chair all the way in the back of the room, as far as possible away from the screen as she could possibly be.

Now she likes inviting people over and watching their reactions as the story and action unfolds with a big grin on her face. :ROFLMAO: . She's sick I tell ya, sick!

Hootenany reminds me of the band from the movie The Green Room. Anyone else see that horribly fucked up movie or just lil ol demented me?

Patrick Stewart as the sick neo-nazi leader villain in that movie is so perfect.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Green Room made my wife feel uneasy and we turned it off half way through.

SO good! I haven't re-watched it since first seeing it 7+ years ago, but I also can't think of any movie I've seen since that has stuck with me so viscerally.

haha... love The Replacements but debating whether I need a copy of this album in particular.

Now I've got Jean-Luc Picard in my head going "make it so".
I frankly never heard of The Replacements and enjoyed my first stream of the record, I thought overall it was more of a fun listening experience and I put some of the songs on my punk playlist but I don't think I'd ever spin it in my house.

I frankly never heard of The Replacements and enjoyed my first stream of the record, I thought overall it was more of a fun listening experience and I put some of the songs on my punk playlist but I don't think I'd ever spin it in my house.

This one is different (more punk) than where they would end up on "Let It Be" and "Tim" afterwards (both of those are essential to me).

Back