Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Honestly stoked for whatever Clash or Ramones records they might choose, though I already have clean copies of my fave albums by each. Anybody have any clue what the indie pick might be for July? Read somewhere it's been confirmed a UK band from the early 2000s, with most of the usual suspects mercifully already crossed off the list of possibilities. I also feel like I read somewhere a long while back that the pick would be an album well off the beaten path a la The Lemon of Pink ... which is pretty exciting. Not sure what VMP might slot into that particular category, though.

Simian’s very weird first album before they went all fun and remixing and dance friends with Justice was very very odd.

Was inspired to re-visit Simian's We Are Your Friends, and would be totally on board with this one if it were the VMP Rock indie pick. It also sort of feels like it fits well in VMP's "left of center" wheelhouse - even if it's a dramatically different vibe than the aforementioned Lemon of Pink.

Was inspired to re-visit Simian's We Are Your Friends, and would be totally on board with this one if it were the VMP Rock indie pick. It also sort of feels like it fits well in VMP's "left of center" wheelhouse - even if it's a dramatically different vibe than the aforementioned Lemon of Pink.
I gave it a stream too and it's great. Don't think it'll be that one though.

I gave it a stream too and it's great. Don't think it'll be that one though.

If it’s a strange one I’d say it’s more likely their debut, which is seriously odd. The second one you’re all streaming is a good bit more pop.

They were indie at some point, before they turned pop.
yup

don't care what anyone says, "yellow" was obscure indie shit in the vein of a more romantic REM when it came out. it wasn't until rush of blood and all that other stuff that they became pop stars

it was like a year before yellow even started charting in the US

yup

don't care what anyone says, "yellow" was obscure indie shit in the vein of a more romantic REM when it came out. it wasn't until rush of blood and all that other stuff that they became pop stars
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Parachutes is a great album. The yellow pressing of it is fantastic as well.

Back