Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

It could be UGod's solo debut. Released 10/19/99

They got Method Man, I could see a bundle deal being done at the time.

EDIT: Also it's never been reissued...............

This was actually my first vinyl purchase ever (good to know I´m about 20 years into this insane hobby by now).
It has some good tracks on it (my favorite is "Stay in Your Lane") but the album as a whole is rather among the bottom of Wu solo releases IMO.

Could it be Q-Tip - Amplified eventually? Never been reissued and probably highly appealing to VMP´s audience (including me)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! I love that album! What a great guess! This would be an amazing pick! And this album definitely strongly appeals to VMP’s audience! 💯

Hopefully we get this and we get The Renaissance as a side exclusive! 🤞

I would love VMP to do some Rapsody exclusives! Her new album “Eve” is soooo good. It’s so powerful, cinematic and dense! And her 2017 album “Laila’s Wisdom” was excellent and super flavourful.
You can order her new album on vinyl on her site. I love the track Whoopi with the Herbie Hancock sample.

You can order her new album on vinyl on her site. I love the track Whoopi with the Herbie Hancock sample.
Thanks so much MikeH! 😘

I just ordered it! Shipping internationally was only AU$20 which isn’t too bad, for an album I want that bad! 😊

The white/grey marble looks so similar to the Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveSounds VMP colour variant 😍😍😍

I LOVE “WHOOPI” too! I love the Herbie Hancock sample as well and her flow constantly changes on that track, but so effortlessly.

This is the year where women in my opinion, have been killing it in hip-hop. Megan Thee Stallion, Rapsody and Little Simz all have the best hip-hop albums of the year along with Tyler, The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib and Oh No & Blu!

Noname, CupcakKe, Tierra Whack & Rico Nasty all came through with great albums last year though. So it’s not like this is new.

I’m actually so happy we’ve been getting great hip-hop albums from Women! Because most of the other years, (eg. just say from 2004-2014), if I had to make my top 7 hip-hop albums, there wouldn’t be a single album by a female artist on there, it would all be male artists for most of those years.

Rapsody has really outdone herself with this album. Laila’s Wisdom really was just a warm up. Little Simz really outdid herself too on Grey Area. Them two albums contain mostly just no-bullshit bars after bars, with amazing beats and flows! 👌

Thanks so much MikeH! 😘

I just ordered it! Shipping internationally was only AU$20 which isn’t too bad, for an album I want that bad! 😊

The white/grey marble looks so similar to the Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveSounds VMP colour variant 😍😍😍

I LOVE “WHOOPI” too! I love the Herbie Hancock sample as well and her flow constantly changes on that track, but so effortlessly.

This is the year where women in my opinion, have been killing it in hip-hop. Megan Thee Stallion, Rapsody and Little Simz all have the best hip-hop albums of the year along with Tyler, The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib and Oh No & Blu!

Noname, CupcakKe, Tierra Whack & Rico Nasty all came through with great albums last year though. So it’s not like this is new.

I’m actually so happy we’ve been getting great hip-hop albums from Women! Because most of the other years, (eg. just say from 2004-2014), if I had to make my top 7 hip-hop albums, there wouldn’t be a single album by a female artist on there, it would all be male artists for most of those years.

Rapsody has really outdone herself with this album. Laila’s Wisdom really was just a warm up. Little Simz really outdid herself too on Grey Area. Them two albums contain mostly just no-bullshit bars after bars, with amazing beats and flows! 👌
Yay glad you got it! I told myself I wasn't going to order it, but it has been on repeat the past few days for me! I might bite the bullet and order it. I have Laila's Wisdom on vinyl too as well as her mixtape The Idea of Beautiful. I got to see her live at a small club in NY and she was awesome. Hopefully more and more people learn about her.

Yay glad you got it! I told myself I wasn't going to order it, but it has been on repeat the past few days for me! I might bite the bullet and order it. I have Laila's Wisdom on vinyl too as well as her mixtape The Idea of Beautiful. I got to see her live at a small club in NY and she was awesome. Hopefully more and more people learn about her.
Bite the bullet and order it! It’s easily her best album yet! And look at that colour variant! It’s so much more innovative then Laila’s Wisdom lyrically and musically in my opinion, even though Laila’s Wisdom is a great album.

Laila’s Wisdom is like Anderson Paak’s Malibu, it has that new-age Kanye West The College Dropout community feel good/family struggles aesthetic.

But this new Rapsody album, this is just something else!!! This is album is so good, I can’t imagine Rapsody making a better album. This is her opus, just with how NaS’ opus was Illmatic!

Dream picks:

'94:
ESG Ocean Funk
Gang Starr Hard to Earn
8Ball & MJG On the Outside Looking In (!!!)
Ant Banks The Big Badass
BTNH Creepin On A Come Up (!!!!!!)
Above The Law Uncle Sam's Curse (!!!!)
MC Eiht We Come Strapped
Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
Organized Konfusion Stress: Extinction Level Event
UGK Super Tight (!!!)
Dru Down Explicit Game
Rappin 4-Tay Don't Fight the Feelin
Thug Life: Vol 1(!!!!!!!)
Common Resurrection (widely and cheaply available but with TLC and extra tracks a definitive version would be awesome)
O.C. Word...Life
The Coup Genocide & Juice (!!!)
Scarface The Diary
Ice Cube Bootlegs & B-sides (probably just me lol)
Redman Dare Iz A Darkside
Edit: I only left off Murder Was the Case because I have it already, but the DVD extra from a couple pages ago is a dope ass idea

A big number of others would of course be good, too, seeing as how it's generally regarded as at the very least a part of the best 2-3 year run in hip hop history - which brings me to my main point: even with **great** selections available from '99, it should really be '94. The other way around is just mean lol

Last edited:
Back