Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Considering everyone who digs it seems to like the fact that it's "grown man rap" I guess I'm not surprised! šŸ˜œ.

Haven't spent much time with Cordae. I'll give you billy woods is a better album though. Still surprised he hadn't released a single for the album coming this Friday.
mmmmm, Little Brotherā€™s new album is outdated, and they sound like theyā€™re too old for the hip-hop game right now šŸ•°šŸ˜“

Like the first track, ā€œThe Feelā€, sounds like a leftover from Talib Kweliā€™s 2004 album ā€œThe Beautiful Struggleā€. And ā€œRight On Timeā€ sounds like a leftover from Elzhiā€™s ā€œThe Prefaceā€. The chorus on the track is totally off key too lol. ā€œWhatā€™s i Came Forā€ and ā€œSittin Aloneā€ both sound like a leftovers from Skakah The Beatchildā€™s ā€œSoul Movement, Vol. 2ā€. And ā€œBlack Magicā€ sounds like a leftover from Murs & 9th Wonderā€™s ā€œMurrayā€™s Revengeā€. This whole album sounds like leftovers, and in a bad way! šŸ™…ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ™…ā€ā™€ļø

If Little Brotherā€™s new album, ā€œMay The Lord Watchā€, gets chosen to be the R&HH ROTM, Iā€™ll be very disappointed! šŸ˜¤

Seeing that VMP has worked with Saba before, Pivot Gang would be a sweet choice for Nov as a 2019 album. Revenge of the Dreamers III would be nice as well but I don't see that happening.
But Pivot Gang is so not ROTM worthy in my opinion. Thatā€™s more like an exclusive! That would also be a very disappointing pick if it gets chosen as the R&HH ROTM! Itā€™s a tiring listen and some of the music on there sounds outdated too in my opinion!

Last edited:
But Pivot Gang is so hot ROTM worthy in my opinion. Thatā€™s more like an exclusive! That would also be a very disappointing pick if it gets chosen as the R&HH ROTM! Itā€™s a tiring listen and some of the music on there sounds outdated too in my opinion!
<iframe src="The Big Lebowski Opinion GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="354" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I loved the Pivot Gang album.

<iframe src="The Big Lebowski Opinion GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="354" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I loved the Pivot Gang album.

But. My. Music. Taste. Is. Thee. Bomb šŸ’£šŸ’Æ

I can see why a lot of people are digging the latest Pivot Gang album, but it honestly is a weak album in my opinion. It lacks character in my opinion and the album sounds recycled. I also feel Pivot Gang played it very clean, safe and polished on this one.

Man, those vocals on the chorus on ā€œClark Kentā€ just make you want to go to sleep šŸ˜“

I think YBN Cordae will be a huge get for VMP! Like if VMP make YBN Cordae the R&HH ROTM, I think it will sell out within a few months! Megan Thee Stallion I feel like will also sell out within a few months of being a R&HH ROTM, thatā€™s if the pressings are exclusive to VMP!

Both artists are really taking off this year and are becoming big (in a popular way) super quick. Plus, both their albums are šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

mmmmm, Little Brotherā€™s new album is outdated, and they sound like theyā€™re too old for the hip-hop game right now šŸ•°šŸ˜“

Like the first track, ā€œThe Feelā€, sounds like a leftover from Talib Kweliā€™s 2004 album ā€œThe Beautiful Struggleā€. And ā€œRight On Timeā€ sounds like a leftover from Elzhiā€™s ā€œThe Prefaceā€. The chorus on the track is totally off key too lol. ā€œWhatā€™s i Came Forā€ and ā€œSittin Aloneā€ both sound like a leftovers from Skakah The Beatchildā€™s ā€œSoul Movement, Vol. 2ā€. And ā€œBlack Magicā€ sounds like a leftover from Murs & 9th Wonderā€™s ā€œMurrayā€™s Revengeā€. This whole album sounds like leftovers, and in a bad way! šŸ™…ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ™…ā€ā™€ļø

If Little Brotherā€™s new album, ā€œMay The Lord Watchā€, gets chosen to be the R&HH ROTM, Iā€™ll be very disappointed! šŸ˜¤

Wow, Nathan really bringin' the negativity last night! Little Brother sounds like Talib Kweli and Murs?? Guess we'll have to agree to strongly disagree on that one.

Hmm, maybe there's some other albums from 2003/2005 that they sound like... 9th Wonder was part of Little Brother and helped them form their sound. Are you not familiar with Little Brother?

Outdated is a lazy criticism, in my opinion, unless you're talking about something that's been dead and buried, like 80s style flow.

anonymuz-there-is-no-threat-tracklist-620x620.jpg

Id love if anon got his first vinyl release ever (this his 2019 album)

I absolutely hate this perspective. The idea that someone is "too old" for hip hop is really de-legitimizing to the genre. Hip Hop as a genre is in it's 40s now. So people who are 40+ can no longer make the music? People who grew up with and within the genre are supposed to listen to 20 year olds rapping their whole lives? In my opinion, that's really small-minded. This is the kind of mindset that keeps Andre 3000 from actually releasing a project.

On a real pipedream it'd be cool if it were the new billy woods, which most people probably ordered already if they want it, or the Hemlock Ernst, but that would be super surprising, since this is basically a debut.

Edit: whoops, I didn't see that he said it was out already.

Last edited:
Since Megan is a no go this month based on his response to my Reddit Question (though I like theyre still really trying to make it happen), I'm hoping for Thugger. "So Much Fun" is great and I've been waiting on them to do something with this.

I absolutely hate this perspective. The idea that someone is "too old" for hip hop is really de-legitimizing to the genre. Hip Hop as a genre is in it's 40s now. So people who are 40+ can no longer make the music? People who grew up with and within the genre are supposed to listen to 20 year olds rapping their whole lives? In my opinion, that's really small-minded. This is the kind of mindset that keeps Andre 3000 from actually releasing a project.
I got the same kind of response when I said the I thought Smif N Wessun's and Erick Sermon's new albums were a couple of the best of early 2019 by asking what year it was. Old heads saying modern rap all sucks is just as silly as someone saying that veteran in the game rap can't stand up in today's era of hip-hop. There has been an amazing resurgence in the last few years with guys who paved the way coming out with really great music and albums.

Back