Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Gotcha!! I guess it's My Name is My Name then!!!

giphy.gif

He also said God Forgives I Don't wont be done, but Tefflon Don will next year :(

The God Forgives Vinyl just sold out of a place I had it carted. Now I gotta pay a higher rate if I really want it off cogs! Ugh

The only bad thing about MNIMN is the Ma$e flow track with Kelly Rowland that's not great other than that its 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Id be up for VMP to do a ma$e album in the future

R-3984342-1351396469-2854.jpeg.jpg

Blue/white vinyl.

A1Puff's Intro
1:40
A2Do You Wanna Get $?
3:49
A3Take Whats Yours
Featuring – DMX Producer – Nashiem Myrick
3:45
A4Mad Rapper (Interlude)1:13
A5Will They Die For You?
4:04
A6Lookin' At Me
Featuring – Puff Daddy Producer – The Neptunes
4:15
B1White Girl (Interlude)0:52
B2Love U So
Featuring – Billy Lawrence Producer – Stevie J
3:12
B3The Player Way
Featuring – Eightball & M.J.G. Producer – Mo-Suave-A
4:13
B4Hater (Interlude)1:00
B5OFFENSIVE LANGUAGEz Wanna Act
Featuring – Busta Rhymes Producer – Grease*
4:09
C1Feel So Good
3:24
C2What You Want
Featuring – Total Producer – Sean "Puffy" Combs*
4:02
C3Phone Conversation (Interlude)1:49
C4Cheat On You
Featuring – Jay-Z, Lil' Cease Producer – Jermaine Dupri Vocals – 112
3:15
C524 Hrs To Live
4:16
D1I Need To Be
5:12
D2Watch Your Back (Interlude)0:56
D3Wanna Hurt Mase?
4:23
D4Jealous Guy
Featuring – 112 Producer – Sean "Puffy" Combs*
6:25

Look at all them features :O

Good luck getting Nostalgia Ultra with that Hotel California sample.
Nostalgia Ultra isn’t a mixtape or a release from the 1980’s and Island/Def Jam ain’t Tommyboy. I would assume they already cleared all the samples and wrote the contracts to cover all release types. Also, even if it were an issues it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for them to leave off a track.

27915077-49F2-4E0F-8E4F-F944D87D80F0.jpeg

This is my personal copy, a 2012 get on down pressing on double purple vinyl.
Does anyone know what the differences between this issuing and the one that’s about to come out?

That's false. It was released by Frank as a mixtape. The only songs from it that Def Jam own the copyrights on are "Novacane" and "Swim Good," which is why those are the only two songs from Nostalgia Ultra that you can officially find on streaming services Spotify.

I made an upload of Nostalgia Ultra to youtube as a full album and had to substitute three tracks before YouTube would make it public, because all three of those tracks were blocked worldwide. Two were "Novacane" and "Swim Good" which, as I mentioned earlier, Def Jam owned. YouTube's copyright viewer lets you see exactly who has the claim on the songs.

The third one that was blocked was "Hotel California" which has had a great deal of past controversy because it used an uncleared sample. Below is an article from Don Henley specifically addressing this

You'll also find that the article mentions "nostalgia ultra" as being Frank's mixtape. This is not an error. It's literally on multiple websites and in multiple articles. He released the tape under Odd Future but put out "Novacane" and "Swim Good" under Def Jam as singles so they could market them well. This is why "Novacane" was such a huge song.

And it'd be pretty unlike Frank to put an incomplete album on vinyl by removing the track that is easily many people's favorite track of his. The rights would be a nightmare as well, since two of the biggest songs on the album were put out by Def Jam and many other songs feature uncleared samples.

Frank himself talks about this in the interview below

"Nostalgia Ultra" was apparently planned to be trimmed and cleared for a re-release under Def Jam, but it never happened. No clue why it would happen now, especially given the tension between Frank and Def Jam.
Damn! Ya cited yer sources and everything. Ya can’t argue with that. I thought it was more of a Yankee Hotel Foxtrot type situation where they refused to release and FO got tired of all the BS and just posted the whole thing on his Tumblr page.

Last edited:
Back