Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Aw crap. My record came today and the jacket had a nice bend at the bottom corner. Actual records looked pretty flat so just emailed about the jacket and very quickly got a replacement jacket order entered.

Now coming here I apparently should have listened to the record first. Hoping it's magically clean so I don't have to do an updated request

Aw crap. My record came today and the jacket had a nice bend at the bottom corner. Actual records looked pretty flat so just emailed about the jacket and very quickly got a replacement jacket order entered.

Now coming here I apparently should have listened to the record first. Hoping it's magically clean so I don't have to do an updated request
Are they sending just the jacket? In the past they'd send the entire thing. One time my Classics was just missing the booklet and I got a full replacement even though I told them the rest of the packaging was superb. I guess it was just easier than breaking stuff up.

Are they sending just the jacket? In the past they'd send the entire thing. One time my Classics was just missing the booklet and I got a full replacement even though I told them the rest of the packaging was superb. I guess it was just easier than breaking stuff up.
Yeah they said they are sending just the jacket and the order form in my email says Jacket only 🤷‍♂️

I'm listening now to close out my work day. I haven't noticed anything on side A thus far (thought I won't pretend to have a high end set up or anything either)

Yeah they said they are sending just the jacket and the order form in my email says Jacket only 🤷‍♂️

I'm listening now to close out my work day. I haven't noticed anything on side A thus far (thought I won't pretend to have a high end set up or anything either)
You'd hear what mine has right away... It's loud and starts in before the music even begins.

You'd hear what mine has right away... It's loud and starts in before the music even begins.
I had the issue with Wu and OutKast so I'm assuming I would know as well. My copy is relatively flat and sounds pretty damn good so I'm happy. Hopefully it's just a small quantity issue that you had...

I actually got a clean copy of 6ft! It's been a long while since I got a clean pressing of a VMP album that put a smile on my face like this did. The colorway is so pretty too. Empathy to those who have to do the usual CS grind, but man I'm excited I landed a clean copy on the first try.

I actually got a clean copy of 6ft! It's been a long while since I got a clean pressing of a VMP album that put a smile on my face like this did. The colorway is so pretty too. Empathy to those who have to do the usual CS grind, but man I'm excited I landed a clean copy on the first try.
Don't worry guys. You're all good, they're going to send me ALLLL the bad ones. I am the vinyl sin eater, I suffer so that you do not have to, no no, please, don't all thank me at once it's... it's okay I'm... I'm made for this....

Don't worry guys. You're all good, they're going to send me ALLLL the bad ones. I am the vinyl sin eater, I suffer so that you do not have to, no no, please, don't all thank me at once it's... it's okay I'm... I'm made for this....
On the positive side, you have 3 copies coming and you can keep the hopefully clean copy among them and worry about the CS replacements for your friends. Give them a true VMP experience.

On the positive side, you have 3 copies coming and you can keep the hopefully clean copy among them and worry about the CS replacements for your friends. Give them a true VMP experience.
Nah, @Mather ‘s Canadianishness requires him to make sure his friends are properly taken care of before he can take care of himself.

SACDS ARE THE FUTUUUUUURE
tenor.gif

On today's episode of Open Mike Eagle's podcast, Secret Skin, Dave Ma said that he's working on the liner notes for The Coup - Genocide & Juice for VMP. 👀

*Highly recommend the episode if you are a fan of Open Mike Eagle's album Dark Comedy, it's a deep dive on the album.

Fully expected to be disappointed by Gravediggaz (especially since I spun Bright Eyes earlier today and it did have the faintest of GZ crackle).

It's clean, and it's phenomenal. Definitely in my top 3 RHH albums VMP has put out.

I'd say the issue is not widespread, put in for those replacement copies until you get a clean one.

Back