Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

At this point Iā€™d prefer no faux-BI. I donā€™t see much of a point to them...
I never minded them much but the more I see them scattered throughout my collection, the more I want to just remove all of them. But also being a completionist I don't really want to throw them out but I have no godly idea where I would store them so for the time being they stay.

I never minded them much but the more I see them scattered throughout my collection, the more I want to just remove all of them. But also being a completionist I don't really want to throw them out but I have no godly idea where I would store them so for the time being they stay.

They get inmediately recycled by me. I dont keep other random promo materials that come with albums either. I know some people keep everything, but I would derive no joy from having them. And if someday someone passes on buying a record from me because I don't have the fauxbi, well I can't say ill lose any sleep over that.

Not Lloyd Miller? Iā€™m surprised at your answer! Haha or maybe youā€™re just including essentials...

I was just listing essentials but Phoenix was the most disappointed I was by any AoTM when I was a member, by a distance, I gave it more shit at the time than Miller or Byrd, which is my least favourite album out of any thst Iā€™ve ever heard.

They get inmediately recycled by me. I dont keep other random promo materials that come with albums either. I know some people keep everything, but I would derive no joy from having them. And if someday someone passes on buying a record from me because I don't have the fauxbi, well I can't say ill lose any sleep over that.
I enjoy all the ephemera that comes with records. I have a designated hair dryer that I use to remove the hype stickers too, I try to apply them to a new outer sleeve. All that to say while I save all the VMP extras I find them not very appealing aesthetically.

I enjoy all the ephemera that comes with records. I have a designated hair dryer that I use to remove the hype stickers too, I try to apply them to a new outer sleeve. All that to say while I save all the VMP extras I find them not very appealing aesthetically.
99% of VMPā€™s design work is boring and uninspired. It really adds nothing to the product. If their point is to make something that doesnā€™t distract from the records themselves then why even bother including them? It is funny to compare them to the very early ones that included a signature of who packed your record though haha. I rediscovered my copy of MMJ - Z and those were even more atrocious.

99% of VMPā€™s design work is boring and uninspired. It really adds nothing to the product. If their point is to make something that doesnā€™t distract from the records themselves then why even bother including them? It is funny to compare them to the very early ones that included a signature of who packed your record though haha. I rediscovered my copy of MMJ - Z and those were even more atrocious.
Totally agree. Those early ones swallow the jacket. I did like the illegible signature though, it was a nice personal touch.

Yah if I can get a sticker off ill put it on a new outer, but if it doesn't come off easy I usually move on.

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a hard record to dislike. ā€œ1901ā€ and ā€œListomaniaā€ are great songs. Itā€™s not an all time great or anything but itā€™s a very listenable album.
Yea I was disappointed when it was announced because it was one of the first ROTMs I remember where it was already cheap to find on vinyl. But I ended up grabbing it maybe in swaps or a cheap eBay auction and I do listen to it a decent amount. I think itā€™s a pretty fun, upbeat listen. I also saw them at a festival once and they were surprisingly fun live.

Back