Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

420 All Stars was not too expensive on discogs for awhile. After the initial crazy prices, it settled into around $30 each and only recently jumped back up to $70 or so but hasn't sold at that price in a long time.
Thanks. Must keep an eye out for that one. I should of kept badu im sure its superior to my regular copy

Thanks. Must keep an eye out for that one. I should of kept badu im sure its superior to my regular copy
There are a few for $50 or best offer on ebay right now. Could maybe get it for $40 plus shipping...

As for Badu, I think it's the same masters as your regular copy. I think I got mine from the PIF thread. It sounds alright (not amazing...mine has some surface noise on it that I can't seem to get rid of).

There are a few for $50 or best offer on ebay right now. Could maybe get it for $40 plus shipping...

As for Badu, I think it's the same masters as your regular copy. I think I got mine from the PIF thread. It sounds alright (not amazing...mine has some surface noise on it that I can't seem to get rid of).
Oh ok good to know. Its just a much prettier looking version then 👌🏼 I'm gonna have to avoid vinyl for the rest of the month somehow. Spent serious bread these past few weeks I've left myself broke this month lol

I was in my early 20s when Electric Circus came out. I had enjoyed Like Water... but loved EC. I was/am a huge Prince fan so him being on there was a co-sign (although not a reason to love it had it been a turd). If I remember correctly, critics talked about the influence Badu (they should’ve still been together during that time) had on the album - mostly if it was a bad thing.

TBH, I grew out of Common. I actually don’t really like him at all and find him boring. Now the production on some of those albums is great - but look who he had working with him. But as an MC I find him to be a snooze fest. However, I really like EC.
I feel like I've grown out of Common too. I've barely listened to that last album I bought from VMP Let Love I think its called. Ive found him monotonous ever since the incredible Be dropped. Finding Forever was decent & 1 of either Black America Again or Nobody's Smiling I enjoyed too, think it was the latter. My memory is really bad lol

B
I was in my early 20s when Electric Circus came out. I had enjoyed Like Water... but loved EC. I was/am a huge Prince fan so him being on there was a co-sign (although not a reason to love it had it been a turd). If I remember correctly, critics talked about the influence Badu (they should’ve still been together during that time) had on the album - mostly if it was a bad thing.

TBH, I grew out of Common. I actually don’t really like him at all and find him boring. Now the production on some of those albums is great - but look who he had working with him. But as an MC I find him to be a snooze fest. However, I really like EC.
Being from Chicago and growing up during his ascension I definitely have a nostalgic affinity for Common, but everything of his after The Dreamer, The Believer does nothing at all for me. Even The Dreamer, The Believer is more miss than hit. But up until that I thought Common was one of the more consistent MC's in Hip-Hop and I loved each and every one of his albums.

Saba and Toots & the Maytals. My two biggest regrets. I waited on both and it bit me. Care For Me was one of my favorite albums of that year too, that one stings a little extra. Took it for granted.
Saba and the 3 De La albums are what I so long for. De La was THE group that got me hooked on Hip-Hop in '89 and that Saba album is just so amazing. I just didn't know about VMP at the time they came out and there is no way I'm paying ~$500 (going price on discogs) for those 4 records. Luckily I own an original 1989 pressing of 3ft High and Rising still in cellophane but that VMP version is so damn gorgeous.

I also supposedly had successfully bought 3ft in the fall when they re-released them, but got hosed by their atrocious site conversion and had that order summarily canceled. That still leaves a really bad taste in my mouth concerning VMP.

Saba and Toots & the Maytals. My two biggest regrets. I waited on both and it bit me. Care For Me was one of my favorite albums of that year too, that one stings a little extra. Took it for granted.
I'm not familiar with that Toots album. Are those like early versions of what ended up on Funky Kingston and In the Dark? I have a good Mango copy of the 1975 Funky Kingston which is kind of a comp I guess, but is great.

I don't know why in the hell that Saba hasn't been repressed, either the same or a plain black. There's clearly a high demand that another 1 or 2k would sell out quick.
I'm still shocked that to this day De La Soul's albums don't have standard pressings widely available. Their albums are classics in the genre and would sell like hotcakes.

I'm still shocked that to this day De La Soul's albums don't have standard pressings widely available. Their albums are classics in the genre and would sell like hotcakes.
Probably to do with the huge fallout between them and Tommy boy but TB could technically release them if they so desired. They have a catalogue of vinyl with many artists worth re releasing

I've just had a look at the 30 best Rap albums of 2014 according to Rolling Stones and which titles apparently haven't been published on vinyl. Apart from the Future and Nicki Minaj record, these are the ones I found. Wonder if any of them could fit the other clues?

Young Thug & Bloody Jay, ‘Black Portland’ and Rich Gang, ‘Tha Tour Pt. 1’

Migos, ‘Rich OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE Timeline’

DJ Mustard, ’10 Summers’

Lil Herb, ‘Welcome To Fazoland’

DJ Quik, ‘The Midnight Life’

Kevin Gates, ‘Luca Brasi 2’

Chief Keef, ‘Back From the Dead 2

IamSu!, ‘Sincerely Yours’

Boosie Bad Azz, ‘Life After Deathrow’

I've just had a look at the 30 best Rap albums of 2014 according to Rolling Stones and which titles apparently haven't been published on vinyl. Apart from the Future and Nicki Minaj record, these are the ones I found. Wonder if any of them could fit the other clues?

Young Thug & Bloody Jay, ‘Black Portland’ and Rich Gang, ‘Tha Tour Pt. 1’

Migos, ‘Rich OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE Timeline’

DJ Mustard, ’10 Summers’

Lil Herb, ‘Welcome To Fazoland’

DJ Quik, ‘The Midnight Life’

Kevin Gates, ‘Luca Brasi 2’

Chief Keef, ‘Back From the Dead 2

IamSu!, ‘Sincerely Yours’

Boosie Bad Azz, ‘Life After Deathrow’
Personally I'm inclined to think very unlikely and pushes the notion further for me that it's either Future Or Nicki. New Future album dropped today is 🔥🔥🔥

Back