Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I am kind of in the same boat. I actually think they stop it before the end of the year if stock drops off.
My yearly runs out in a few days and I have until the end of this month to add the free records if I want to re-sub. There are TONS on offer so I cant imagine it will get to the point where they have run out of stock, especially if it ends before the New Year anyway.

I wonder why they are doing this Ray Barretto album in mono? 1967 seems a bit late for that, no? Anyone know if it is true mono or a fold down? As you can see I’ve got questions 😄

Not sure but I don’t think 67 is late for mono. Lots of superior mono mixes from that year in pop and rock especially. I was initially apprehensive as well, but I heard the mono mix on YouTube and it sounds good to me

Not sure but I don’t think 67 is late for mono. Lots of superior mono mixes from that year in pop and rock especially. I was initially apprehensive as well, but I heard the mono mix on YouTube and it sounds good to me
There appear to be original monos.

A good bit of daptone’s output is mono. So you know definitely not actually late.

Presume that one of the 1974s is Phases and Stages. Interesting that next quarter is bumped together.

Some guesses for the 2nd 74 album:

Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets
King Crimson - Red
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Stevie Wonder - Fullfillingness’ First Finale

Some guesses for 75 are:

Parliament - Mothership Connection
Patti Smith - Horses
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic

2/3 of the artists are female apparently (depending on how you count them)

and apparently people are going to hate the January one because its probably woman and its in a genre that wont get respect

the current guesses on the discord are Labelle - Nightbirds, Fleetwood Mac - ST (Or ABBA), Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages

Presume that one of the 1974s is Phases and Stages. Interesting that next quarter is bumped together.

Some guesses for the 2nd 74 album:

Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets
King Crimson - Red
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Stevie Wonder - Fullfillingness’ First Finale

Some guesses for 75 are:

Parliament - Mothership Connection
Patti Smith - Horses
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic

I would be shocked to see VMP get a King Crimson album, but am also always good with more people listening to King Crimson.

That was a little bit of my thinking to be honest
Also (despite my hate of them), my wife has been desperately searching for "Honkin' on Bobo" so it's only natural she get her hopes up at the prospect of an Aerosmith album only to be let down (by the fact they would do one of the most common ones) as I have so many times.

Back