Vinyl Me Please Essentials

did anyone get Same Trailer, Different Park yet and is it in any way an upgrade over what's currently available to the masses?
Ok, listening now and it sounds really good despite not having cleaned it yet. I'd say definitely an upgrade over the black copy I have. The packaging is really nice, too.

I guess I don't need the art print. There's such a huge devoted scene of artists around Socal that do Sublime stuff. They've used them for some of their RSD stuff that I figured they'd dip into that well for this. Would have been a better story. Looks like it's just the drunk clown picture from the cd booklet.

I NEED to know the other two CDs
“It’s hard to remember when this Sublime project got its start, because my own personal history with the band is as long as this album has been out: I got this CD from Columbia House when my parents let me pick out three CDs in 1996,” said VMP Director of Music Andrew Winistorfer.

The Sublime record is about 7 or 8 songs too long. The first half of the record is strong but the second half is garbage minus Caress Me Down and Doin Time. I realize a lot will think the whole album is garbage and that is fine too. But it would be a lot better album with about 10 songs.

Last edited:
The Sublime record is about 7 or 8 songs too long. The first half of the record is strong but the second half is garbage minus Caress Me Down and Doin Time. I realize a lot will think the whole album is garbage and that is fine too. But it would be a lot better album with about 10 songs.

@scotthilk might know more than me. But was the album released as planned before Bradley's death or did he die and they released everything?

I’m conflicted about the upcoming SRV album. Growing up in Texas, he was WAY overplayed on my local classic rock station, so I got bored with him at an early age. But that was a long time ago… maybe I’d appreciate him now? I’ll stream it a few times and see…

For this month, swapped for Odetta. Probably in for Death Cab… it’s in my wheelhouse…

Back