Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I guess I was thinking more of a carefully curated Live Show selection - rather than here's all the commercially available stuff in one box.

Kind of a Dick's Pick's/Bettys Blend's style selection process sold as here's a collection of some of the best live shows from across the various eras. Maybe anchored by Cornell 77 but with other not so widely available live shows included.

Also - I'd kill for a really killer live version of Unbroken Chain on vinyl.
So if you have a recommendation for that - then maybe I don't need this anthology.
I could see that having more appeal (to me too). I thought you meant a collection of all the live albums they released, like Live/Dead, Skull and Roses, etc.
The only live Unbroken Chains are from 1995, so I wouldn't use the term killer to describe them. I doubt any of those shows would ever be commercially released, so I think it's going to be a trip to Archive.Org to fill that need.
Same with Reuben and Cherise. I think they only played it four times live and all in the 90s. But I'd get a show with either of these on it even if it was toward the end.

Kind of a Dick's Pick's/Bettys Blend's style selection process sold as here's a collection of some of the best live shows from across the various eras. Maybe anchored by Cornell 77 but with other not so widely available live shows included.

I don't think it'd be a box set as much a "here's your full kallax". cornell's 4LP. You might be able to keep it to three shows/12 LPs if you get some of the 'shorter' 60s shows. Anything bigger is going to be unwieldy and very expensive. A Compilation or a themed box (all NYE shows, betty boards shows, 5LPs of nothing but tuning and bobby telling bad jokes and getting people to take a step back) would be more feasible.

It's hard to imagine what would make that worth it these days. There's a glut of Live Dead on vinyl and with stellar pressings. The only one that they're dragging their sweet ass feet on is Two from the Vault.
Two from the Vault has been particularly frustrating. LITA was supposed to have their Future Days repress delivered a few months ago. But it's just been pushed to June of 2023. Happy to wait for my copy, but man it's annoying.

Guys……Every copy ever of blonde on blonde is sideways so the gatefold folds out to show Bob’s whole torso. This is not a misprint
I've always considered N&G a safe space in this cesspool of the internet. It really hurts to get trolled like this. And around the holidays!

I'm already preoccupied with trying to find a copy of Workingman's Dead with a right side up back cover. How many copies do I have to return?!

Not gonna go through this w VMP and BoB. And around the holidays!

Also the picture of the album on the website shows it sideways so they can mock up the colored vinyl peeking out of the side of the sleeve.

Back