Vinyl Me Please Essentials

It’s a brilliant album to be fair

I wouldn’t argue if someone said it’s her best studio album.

One of my favorite books "1001 albums you must hear before you die" by Robert Dimery has Ray of Light included. Pretty much any album in that book qualifies for being quality enough for VMP Essentials IMO, it's a really well curated list.
It's definitely one of my favorite Madonna albums. Would definitely get the VMP version.

I am on the fence whether to keep the Dylan. I have the RKS/Sterling stereo version that come out last year and happy with the sound. I have never heard a vinyl mono version so I am still curious about it.

Edit: I think the stereo version is a digital source vs triple A, so maybe I will keep the VMP mono as well

So there's been debate whether Lauryn Hill is going to be Essentials or a separate pressing. The 25th anniversary would line up as one of the Essentials here.

I'm saying the 55th anniversary is likely Simon & Garfunkle, but hey Electric Ladyland would be fun.

Electric Ladyland would be a waste considering how perfect and how cheap the AAA, QRP-pressed Experience Hendrix reissues are.

On discord there are more clues, and it sounds like it might not just be a year anniversary for the Essentials, but the months also match up (ie January 1968, February 1998, March 2013)

Big money says March is David Bowie's The Next Day if so.

Some good January 68 albums too:
Gris-Gris
The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Vincebus Eruptum
White Light/White Heat

I thought a lot of the Kinks stuff was reiussued over the past year (not that this has stopped them)?

I think this one hasn’t had a delux repress on vinyl. It was in the mono box and there was a separate normal press and a cd box for 50 but then but that’s 5 years past now.

The likes of Lola, Percy and Muswell Hillbilies have all had their 50th anniversaries in the last year or so and had new versions.

Electric Ladyland would be a waste considering how perfect and how cheap the AAA, QRP-pressed Experience Hendrix reissues are.

On discord there are more clues, and it sounds like it might not just be a year anniversary for the Essentials, but the months also match up (ie January 1968, February 1998, March 2013)

Some good January 68 albums too:
Gris-Gris
The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Vincebus Eruptum
White Light/White Heat
I would be shocked if it was Bowie. Duncan has been following a pretty tight schedule with the reissues and everything released is available everywhere or exclusive to the online store. Plus the original pressing is still available everywhere.

What else would you even consider an Essential from this month? That stupid Woodkid album with that song everyone liked for a month? The Strokes 3rd or 4th best album?

March is supposed to be jawdropping in some way, right? Would be cool to see Jai Paul getting the vinyl treatment, but I guess it is more likely to be Justin Timberlake or Pusha-T.
My Name is My Name so fucking desperately needs a pressing, which means VMP won't do it.

But hey, would be a great way for Storf to give Kanye some money without actually doing a Kanye album.

My Name is My Name so fucking desperately needs a pressing, which means VMP won't do it.

But hey, would be a great way for Storf to give Kanye some money without actually doing a Kanye album.
But also, I admittedly have zero clue how this would work so soon after Def Jam kicked Good Music to the curb.

I think this one hasn’t had a delux repress on vinyl. It was in the mono box and there was a separate normal press and a cd box for 50 but then but that’s 5 years past now.

The likes of Lola, Percy and Muswell Hillbilies have all had their 50th anniversaries in the last year or so and had new versions.

There was a 50th anniversary Kevin Gray cut village green in 2016. It sounds pretty great. The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society

not that that would stop VMP from reissuing it in Essentials, But if the month+year anniversary is a thing, that rules this out.

I own the 50th anniversary pressing cut by Kevin Grey. I doubt the VMP edition would be much better.

I own the 50th anniversary pressing cut by Kevin Grey. I doubt the VMP edition would be much better.

You could say the same for Nebraska and the brilliant existing press or Blonde on Blonde just using the mono box/MOV plates.

Perhaps they managed to do a 2 for 1 deal with RKS and got his plates for bookends too and are just doing two blatant colour represses of readily available editions in consecutive months. Newbury Me, Please…

Back