Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Labatt Blue?

I also meant to chime in that not all green-bottle beers are shite. Peroni is a crisp and refreshing thirst quencher on a hot day.

I’m not sure if that’s over here? But whatever Labatt’s I had I didn’t like.

Also that is funny because my Italian future sister in law says that’s what they consider their piss beer but I do enjoy it too. Birra Morretti is my go to easy drinking lager these days.

Also that is funny because my Italian future sister in law says that’s what they consider their piss beer but I do enjoy it too. Birra Morretti is my go to easy drinking lager these days.

I know that is the Italian's take on Peroni.
Its basically an alcoholic Pellegrino, which I enjoy.

I'll have to seek out the Birra Morretti.

Morretti is great, and I like Estrella too.

explain soupy and xmas sax?

I can get a bit of schmaltz with Born to Run and sure if that's your take on Nebraska and Joad.

The sax I'm having a hard time with. Clarence Clemons is great!
The mix on many of his records is heavy and muggy, at least to my ears. And the sax sounds cheesy to me. Not always. But often enough for me to just react to it…
I guess Bruce is just not for me.

Im not a fan of it out of cans but in the pub it’s absolutely my go to unless it’s a real scorcher. Or I’m outside of Ireland. It’s rare a foreign pub knows how to handle the stuff properly and/or does the volumes to keep it flowing through the pipes.
Have you tried the Hydro flow cans? A game changer.

Alright... Check Your Head VMP vs 2009 RTI.

Just posted this to Cogs so I'll just cross post here for anyone curious about this one.

Alright so to the question at hand, how does this VMP AAA stack up against the 2009 RTI? First off, the VMP package is really nice here. Nice thick jacket, added booklet, poster etc. The 2009 RTI is at least 180 grams maybe more, the VMP isn't thin but nowhere near the crazy thick slabs that the 2009 release put out. So if you care about that sort of thing, the 2009 RTI is much thicker. So package wise, no surprise VMP pretty much kills the 2009 aside from the vinyl weight. How about the sound? Well... RKS did a nice job here on the VMP, it's got a slightly more "musical" quality to it vs the 2009. There's a little bit more extension on the cymbals, the congas, the drums. Everything just a little bit more natural sounding, the voices are just a tiny bit more present, the instruments a touch more separation. It sounds smooth, like most RKS stuff, it's an easy listen. I have a lot of his stuff and I really like his work but I find that his style tends to soften the sound overall, in that the highs are a little less bright and the lows a little more, contained I suppose for lack of a better word. Great work but maybe not as... exciting in some cases as some other engineers. And that's kind of the case here vs the RTI. The VMP has a solid smooth natural sound to it, but the RTI is BIG. The stage on the RTI is larger, wider, the bass is softer but heavier, bigger. There's a certain sightly messy live dynamic to the RTI that isn't quite there on the VMP. But I'm getting really nebulous here. Bottom line is they both sound really really good. If you have the 2009 and you're cool with the bare bones package on that one, then you're good, you don't need the VMP in my opinion. I'm not sure which one I'm going to keep at this point to be honest. I was expecting the RKS to smoke the 2009 so I was kind of surprised at just how close they are.

Last edited:
Back