Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Anyone else's copy of The Doors sound sibilant at all? I swear I am hearing some distortion here, is it just me???
I didn’t get it, but I just saw a post on Reddit complaining of the exact same thing. I was considering swapping for it next month, but I am not hearing great things about it.

Anyone else's copy of The Doors sound sibilant at all? I swear I am hearing some distortion here, is it just me???
Came on here to say this!!! It's honestly AWFUL. Is anyone else hearing this? The sibilance is like horrifying! It's got to be a pressing defect because I can't imagine anyone would master this and think it sounds OK. I was so excited for this album too!

Came on here to say this!!! It's honestly AWFUL. Is anyone else hearing this? The sibilance is like horrifying! It's got to be a pressing defect because I can't imagine anyone would master this and think it sounds OK. I was so excited for this album too!
I felt like light my fire sounded terrible on my copy. I thought the drums (particularly the snare hits) sounded distorted.

The guy on reddit reviewing the Doors mono with no mono setup is the most VMP thing ever
not everyone will have a mono cartridge or phono preamp

is it bad to listen to an album that's in mono (even if the album sounds better to you in mono because of hard stereo separation) and not use a mono cartridge?

not everyone will have a mono cartridge or phono preamp

is it bad to listen to an album that's in mono (even if the album sounds better to you in mono because of hard stereo separation) and not use a mono cartridge?

No, but if you are going to write a review of a specific mono mix for people without having an actual mono setup to hear it in true mono then I mean...lord

Back