Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I was on the fence about Mama’s Gun but I gave it a proper listen yesterday and I’m on board. I love Baduizm and this seems to pick right up where that left off.
Yeah, I've never really paid attention to Erykah Badu whatsoever, but streamed Mama's Gun yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit, so it's a keeper for me.

I'm not a huge rap fan either, but my 13-yo son is, so he convinced me to keep Stankonia and we'll have a father/son bonding listening session, haha

Man can’t believe it’s been 20 years. I caught them on the Stankonia tour and it was like something out of a Parliament concert. Visual and sonic smack in the face.

Small club
3 stacks in full on pink wig and pink leather
Cheerleaders and dudes dressed as football players running through the crowd.
Some live musicians getting down on stage

I got two days to decide if I'm gonna take the bridge deal for a year (w/ my state's taxes it would bring it to ~$27/mo, which is actually cheaper than when I did month-to-month).

Right now, I'm locked and loaded into a year, but
I keep going back and forth in my decision; mostly because I'm trying to reevaluate how I consume vinyl overall. It's probably gonna be an 11th-hour no regrats kinda play.

I got two days to decide if I'm gonna take the bridge deal for a year (w/ my state's taxes it would bring it to ~$27/mo, which is actually cheaper than when I did month-to-month).

Right now, I'm locked and loaded into a year, but
I keep going back and forth in my decision; mostly because I'm trying to reevaluate how I consume vinyl overall. It's probably gonna be an 11th-hour no regrats kinda play.

I decided that there were records available now that i would prefer over the next 3 months announced selections. Reading about people trying to get a clean copy of Spiritualized also helped me feel solid in my decision.

I decided that there were records available now that i would prefer over the next 3 months announced selections. Reading about people trying to get a clean copy of Spiritualized also helped me feel solid in my decision.
Yea, obviously for a year there are 9-months of unknowns in the equation. The only album I don't have - that I would want - is Mama's Gun but there are other versions available. The Outkast looks nice being a gatefold, but I've already got two copies.

I just look at it as I've got about 1,200 albums between records and CDs and I'm starting to feel burdened by them. There is always going to be more music that I want, so I have to draw a line somewhere; and, like you said, there are ones available now (there always are).

Also, while the bridge deal does save $ there is something icky about it (like I'm being conditioned). It's like getting popped in the face (the price hike) and the person who just struck you giving you an ice pack (the deal) to ease the hurt.

Yup, I ended up canceling my membership. For the stuff I was interested in, I decided that I don't need multiple copies of albums I either already have on vinyl or CD or albums of which I can find other currently pressed copies.

The deal was tempting but I'm gonna stick to my guns. Now, I just need to not hit "undo cancellation" for the next two days and I'll seal that fate.

Last edited:
im joining for outkast

maybe keeping mamas gun (seems like it could grow on me.. or just do what i did with BVSC and swap for credits)

swapping billie holiday for big boi

I'd buy Mama's Gun from you.
maybe.. i will have to relisten and see if i want it or not... or if i dont like PUTS i will swap that for mamas gun and get 2 copies
eh you can have mamas gun

its just as soon as i get to cleva is feel close to comatose

its a fine album its just give us a break to pause the album

i have a month to go before hands so things can change though

Back