Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Also, no Tool cuz a bully was wearing a Tool t-shirt when when he gave storf a wedgie back in junior high.
It is telling that that's the reason Storf gave over the more serious problems with Tool (MJK being a rapist).
It's almost as if when they don't have a chance of pressing an artist's work, it's convenient to say they won't do so because of their shoddy past for social brownie points, yet when they're trying to sell an album, suddenly the artist's past isn't even a point of discussion 🤔

i'm 4 hrs. away from where VMP ships my records from in NC Monday they shipped two records separately within a couple hrs. apart.the first record they shipped is still stuck in NC the 2nd record they shipped which is BVSC arrived on wed..beat to hell with major seam splits corner dings busted inner sleeves which left paper debris all over the records and to make things even worse one of the tracks has a skip. :mad:

There isnt a single song on that run of three albums that isnt absolutely class. Was listening to Tellin Stories a few days back and it's still got it. Big style. The self titled will probably always be my fave though

See they're releasing live it like you love it tomorrow?
I got a bit lost on that release. Is it coming out on the first RSD? (Which is next Saturday, right?) Juno have it down as Sept 5. I've probably seen them live more than any other band - several times with Rob Collins and at Knebworth supporting Oasis as their first gig back. That one made me cry. It's kind of amazing how good a record Tellin Stories is. And I love the b-sides too - Title Fight, Don't Need A Gun...

I got a bit lost on that release. Is it coming out on the first RSD? (Which is next Saturday, right?) Juno have it down as Sept 5. I've probably seen them live more than any other band - several times with Rob Collins and at Knebworth supporting Oasis as their first gig back. That one made me cry. It's kind of amazing how good a record Tellin Stories is. And I love the b-sides too - Title Fight, Don't Need A Gun...

Ah yeah. Next Saturday. Looks like it's going to be 30 quid ish. It's listed on the first drop at my local.

Possibly one of the bands I've seen the most over the years and they've been in some right states at times. But always mint and now Tim has become a lockdown saviour of the world too. Great whst he's been doing with listening parties

Is he? Or I guess to say...what happened w that? I didn’t follow this story much more than the blurb when it came out. And not trying to wage a defense - I’m ambivalent toward his music - just never saw the development of the story.
I'm inclined to believe the allegations, people can get mad at me if they want, but that's just me. MJK denied them but the central point was, if Storf wanted to have an excuse not to do Tool, those allegations should be the catalyst, not the fact Tool fans bullied him so he personally has a distaste for their music. Storf, and VMP as a whole, just strike me as tone-deaf at best and hypocritical at worst. They will happily sell an album by John "white supremacist dick" Mayer (who himself has a shady past), but Nas is cast out because of his history with domestic abuse? They pick and choose when to be outraged depending on if they have a product to sell, and that kind of shit is just gross to me.

I'm inclined to believe the allegations, people can get mad at me if they want, but that's just me. MJK denied them but the central point was, if Storf wanted to have an excuse not to do Tool, those allegations should be the catalyst, not the fact Tool fans bullied him so he personally has a distaste for their music. Storf, and VMP as a whole, just strike me as tone-deaf at best and hypocritical at worst. They will happily sell an album by John "white supremacist dick" Mayer (who himself has a shady past), but Nas is cast out because of his history with domestic abuse? They pick and choose when to be outraged depending on if they have a product to sell, and that kind of shit is just gross to me.
I’m not denying your central point, nor affirming it in my question - that’s outside the ken of what I was asking. The whole bullied thing is weak but I also don’t know “Storf” as much more than a name thrown around - in fact, I’m inclined to pity a mindset that anchors dislike for one thing on such a weak reason. The reason you gave is a vastly more grown-up reason to not stand for something.

I, as well, am inclined to believe allegations. I was just wondering if anyone who follows these things more closely knew how it developed, if at all.

Her whole family is pretty impressive. Alfie's her brother ( Theon Greyjoy - Game Of Thrones), her dad is Keith Allen (he was in a London punk band called The Atoms, which opened for The Clash. Hes more well known for his acting), her mum is Alison Owen (producer for films including Shawn Of The Dead) and her uncle is Kevin Allen (British film director, producer and actor).

Family reunions must be great!

I interned for Alison back in the day. I had to help Alfie break into his house and Lily's dog licked my shoe.

Over the last two months I’ve tried and tried to get into this Spiritualized album, but it’s not happening.

I really like the last two songs but the rest of the album is full of tracks I either don’t care for or (worse) actively annoy me, like “Come Together” (too much swearing) and the “Home of the Brave”/“The Individual” combo (way too noisy). The overall druggy vibe is just not for me. I’m still considering getting it because the second disc is interesting enough, but mostly I'm hoping there will be a better swaption before I cancel at the end of the month.

Over the last two months I’ve tried and tried to get into this Spiritualized album, but it’s not happening.

I really like the last two songs but the rest of the album is full of tracks I either don’t care for or (worse) actively annoy me, like “Come Together” (too much swearing) and the “Home of the Brave”/“The Individual” combo (way too noisy). The overall druggy vibe is just not for me. I’m still considering getting it because the second disc is interesting enough, but mostly I'm hoping there will be a better swaption before I cancel at the end of the month.
I think that’s understandable. I like it well enough but I’m not really sure if I’d spin it all that often. I have had a copy of it on cd for a long time and it rarely gets played. At $23 I’d definitely pick it up, but for $33.... I’m not really sure.

It’s definitely an album I enjoy more while under the influence of a certain substance.

I'm with you here, I don't hate it but just can't love it or see myself spinning it that much. I get way too noisy on most of the tracks personally.

the rest of the album is full of tracks I either don’t care for or (worse) actively annoy me, like “Come Together” (too much swearing) and the “Home of the Brave”/“The Individual” combo (way too noisy). The overall druggy vibe is just not for me. I’m still considering getting it because the second disc is inter
It was recommended to me on and on again since it came out but it never resonated with me

Back