Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Crazy because at those base prices, 2nd hand prices will double too.

Not necessarily. There are a ton of the old ROTMs worth less than the currently monthly rate. Less as many Classics, but they are still around. And if there is one you truly want jumping in once and a while for $43 bucks is better than paying that regularly.

Not necessarily. There are a ton of the old ROTMs worth less than the currently monthly rate. Less as many Classics, but they are still around. And if there is one you truly want jumping in once and a while for $43 bucks is better than paying that regularly.
True, you're right. In my mind I was referring to the more "in demand" records.

And, I agree with the once a month for $43!

In reality, I think it will create 2 distinct tiers for their records. The popular, high demand titles (the De La Souls of the world for example) will likely increase in value, but the less popular picks will plummet and likely flood the market (idea being that subscribers will want to recoup some of their loss no matter what and are less likely to keep a mediocre 40 dollar record).

VMPs success will entirely depend on having the former outnumber the latter in a way that they don't lose subscribers due to content. They seem perfectly happy to lose subscribers for monetary reasons.

In reality, I think it will create 2 distinct tiers for their records. The popular, high demand titles (the De La Souls of the world for example) will likely increase in value, but the less popular picks will plummet and likely flood the market (idea being that subscribers will want to recoup some of their loss no matter what and are less likely to keep a mediocre 40 dollar record).

VMPs success will entirely depend on having the former outnumber the latter in a way that they don't lose subscribers due to content. They seem perfectly happy to lose subscribers for monetary reasons.
I absolutely agree. I am just curious how tough it will be to get in a month on a top tier release. I mean if they release something big that I would be willing to pay $43 bucks for odds are I can get it that way. Also I’m pretty sure we can gauge which releases those will be when they are announced. So I can jump in for a Spiritualized type release at some point without having to justify Jim Sullivan for 40 bucks. I switched my main to classics a while ago so I am a little more concerned there because they generally have a smaller pressing size.

I didn’t get an email. WTF?!? Can someone share it.

really amazing at how mismanaged they are. Every move they’ve made since like 2018 has been poor. And now this kind of hike? In the middle of a pandemic?? Even if you can afford it, on principle this is just unacceptable.

Edit: nevermind, I saw more details. I’m due to renew in December... I mean...cancel.

Last edited:
I didn’t get an email. WTF?!? Can someone share it.

really amazing at how mismanaged they are. Every move they’ve made since like 2018 has been poor. And now this kind of hike? In the middle of a pandemic?? Even if you can afford it, on principle this is just unacceptable.

Edit: nevermind, I saw more details. I’m due to renew in December... I mean...cancel.
I finally just got an email

That was always a "for the time being" thing. I think it was pretty clear that they didn't plan to let people stay on 2015-priced plans forever. But yikes, this increase is a lot.

That’s not a price hike, it’s a gouge with a blunt instrument. Over MoFi and AP prices but way under on quality.

Back