Vinyl Me Please Essentials

So I went back and listened to Continuum for the first time in a long time. I’ll be a pass. Lol.

Essentials is currently my main sub. But I don’t see any way to change that right now. The only sub I’m 100% in for this month is Prince Paul. I’m not a big piano jazz guy but all the love McCoy is getting is giving me some FOMO slash go out on a limb feels.

mainly what I’m asking is can I change my Primary Track when the titles are announced?

Yes.

I almost bought a standard Continuum album a couple weeks ago, kind of glad I didn't now. I love this album and I'm not a big JM fan exactly. But, I love it when he lets his guitar do a lot of the work which he does on this album. Looking forward to this one.

I even told y’all to check this when I told you about this trick the first time ;)

continuum_vinyl_store_2_800x.jpg

edit: (Continuum by John Mayer)

I'm in the bag for some Mayer. Haters gonna hate.

He's one of the best guitar players I've ever seen who makes some of the most boring music, but I can't help but like it.

I think there is a bit of hyperbole about this pick. I can think of about half a dozen Essentials/AOTMs that are worse albums (at least in my opinion) off the top of my head. As far as this soft/blues rock sound, this is a pretty good album. I wish we didn't have 4 straight picks that are some variation of rock music, but so be it.

Certainly this type of music is not for everyone and Mayer due to his own obnoxious behaviors a decade or so ago is a pretty easy target. But this is not a horrible pick.

Hey you 🙂👋 How are you? I hope you've been well 🌹

Sorry it's been a bit 😔. The world events knocked my bounce a little bit and then anxiety kept me from coming back in that "I haven't texted them back and now I can't" way. It sucks. Glad this gave excuse to break through it though 👍. Unfortunately my turntable has suddenly stopped working though so no more spinning until that gets sorted 💀. Was lovely while it lasted! I'll just have to do what I was doing before and pester the Fresh Grabs thread ;)🙈

I used to listen to John Mayer a lot a number of years ago and really enjoyed a number of his albums, one of which was Continuum. My only recent flings have been liking "In The Blood" a fair bit and liking that he spoke out in support of trans rights 🏳️‍🌈. Haven't kept apprised of him outside of those run-ins though, and it's disappointing to hear he seems to have support for, or ties to, the right (?) from comments here.
I’ve been really well Kyuuji! Life has been really good! I feel like I’ve been learning so much interesting things lately! 📚📊🔍 How have you been lately?

Sorry for the late reply today, I had to quickly get ready because I was heading out for brunch with my cousins! 🤪🏃‍♂️💨

Yeah, I totally feel you right now! My bounce was also knocked over when I had to cancel my trip and everything! ⛔

That sucks so much with the turntable being broken! Omg, that’s so inconvenient, but I love how you just think about the wonderful times you had with it! I recently had trouble with my turntable before (the tonearm/tracking couldn’t play halfway into the vinyl, like it would just start skipping on every vinyl around halfway through the tracking) but it’s looking good now! 🙏💆‍♂️👍

That’s so cool you used to be a fan of John Mayer’s Continuum! I’m guessing you’ll pick this up then!?! 😁💡

Yeah, would be disappointing if John Mayer does have strong ties to the right wing, but it also seems like his mentality has changed! 🤷‍♂️ Not sure but, who knows! I mean, I like Kanye West and he likes Donald Trump 🦆, so it’s like “hmmmm 🥴”!

Also I would bet Rid of Me is going to be the September ROTM. Dry drops late July. I would bet Rid of Me will be a late August release, putting it in a perfect window for Sept.
OMG! I absolutely love PJ Harvey’s Rid Of Me! That album has so much raunchy, rebellious, I don’t-give-a-fuck, messy room, sex appeal!!! 😍😈🔥🤘

I was just starting to wonder if we could use the URL trick to try to figure What the next two months of essentials would be. But with no clues, it’s probably more work than it’s worth.

Oh well, now that the URL truck doesn’t work anymore, I’m sure people will find a different way to confirm their best guesses
And boom, they changed their URL's:

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0069/3465/9162/products/shadow_on_the_wall_4859463_1024x.jpg?v=1592858795

Edit: and the drop time.

Back