Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I predict Caroline Rose goes the way of almost every other VMP new release Essentials and will be $15 on Discogs within 3 months of release. That's not a diss in any way; it will probably be a fantastic album. But she's not what I would consider a household name and people by and large tend to rail against new release Essentials, which I get. I feel like a truly ESSENTIAL album has to stand some sort of test of time. It comes across as bold and maybe a bit arrogant to proclaim something no one has even had a chance to hear yet as "essential."

Totally agree. How can something be Essential if its never been released? lol "Here's an Essential album from Bababooey, it was recorded last night at 1030pm! On Log Cabin syrup brown vinyl. One of the greatest albums of the last 24 hours"

Scary paradoid-ish thought just crossed my mind: They decided not to announce April because the company will be sold and/or shut down by then.

Edit: More tinfoil hat speculation -- Storf found out he's getting laid off over the holidays but a non-disclosure clause keeps him from talking about it publicly, so he just went entirely radio silent online.

Scary paradoid-ish thought just crossed my mind: They decided not to announce April because the company will be sold and/or shut down by then.

Edit: More tinfoil hat speculation -- Storf found out he's getting laid off over the holidays but a non-disclosure clause keeps him from talking about it publicly, so he just went entirely radio silent online.
tenor.gif

legit though i think VMP is safe rn... they are aparently planned for half a year so they definitely have these prepared

i know i am probably still sticking with them (i know they are evil but until i get the preorder links for phrenology and ISWYD i will have to stay)

You can pre-order from Bullmoose, you just have to buy something else to get you over $30 for free shipping.
no offense but i TRIED to go to the bullmoose website and i didn't see it anywhere when searching her name.. just the vinyl for her last album

dumb question.. if you already ordered something from the store and got free shipping.... if you cancel before it comes to you, do you pay for the shipping again or do you just keep the album.. or do they just cancel the order

i wonder because i have moses sumney still on backlog and i wanted to know if i should just refund that or something (dunno what else i would buy since it seems like turntable labs has the better exclusive of I,I)

I mentioned awhile back that I think they are at risks of artists pulling a release if they caught wind of the shit show. When I put my tinfoil hat on I can't help but wonder if that's what happened to April. I'm sure they'd just move up another release, but they might be making sure everything is in place before they announce it. And it seems pretty obvious they kind of needed to announce Caroline Rose today with the single and album announcement going out.

I think Phrenology is a much better pick than HIGO and it has some killer tracks, but I still think it's worth highlighting the fact they they've done 2 Roots albums in under 6 months and neither of them are in the top THREE Roots albums. Just weird. Seems like a missed opportunity. At least this one actually needs a reissue.

I think Phrenology is a much better pick than HIGO and it has some killer tracks, but I still think it's worth highlighting the fact they they've done 2 Roots albums in under 6 months and neither of them are in the top THREE Roots albums. Just weird. Seems like a missed opportunity. At least this one actually needs a reissue.
Well yes BUT the Roots themselves have already announced their own reissues of Things Fall Apart, Illadelph Half-Life and Do You Want More!??!? So none of those were gunna happen... Maybe they could have done Game Theory, but that's pretty much the only other big one that was available and Phrenology is impossible to get, Game Theory is everywhere for 20 bucks. I think this was a solid pick, aside from the fact that they just did Roots a few months back.

Well yes BUT the Roots themselves have already announced their own reissues of Things Fall Apart, Illadelph Half-Life and Do You Want More!??!? So none of those were gunna happen... Maybe they could have done Game Theory, but that's pretty much the only other big one that was available and Phrenology is impossible to get, Game Theory is everywhere for 20 bucks. I think this was a solid pick, aside from the fact that they just did Roots a few months back.
I don't disagree about this one being a solid pick, but I think if anything, this one should have been RHH and one of those three would have made a better Essentials. HIGO was available for $13 and VMP has been doing plenty of color variants of current reissues lately.

HIGO was a Fail. Phrenology is definitely a Win. Its 1-1 for sure

A couple friends and I went to see her in a small club in Indianapolis and there were so few people in attendance it was ridiculous. Caroline was a bit under the weather, and despite all of that she and her band blew the roof off the dump!

Glad you got to see her. It was a really fun show at my favorite place in Louisville, Zbar. It is a small venue and frequently I get to chat with the artist afterwards.

I really like her schtick. This looks a great concert.

Yeah, she kept her all red workout persona like in her videos. I will be curious about if she tours with the new record persona.

I don't disagree about this one being a solid pick, but I think if anything, this one should have been RHH and one of those three would have made a better Essentials. HIGO was available for $13 and VMP has been doing plenty of color variants of current reissues lately.
No I get it but I'm just saying I highly doubt those 3 were available for VMP to do, Illadelph and Do You Want More have their own label specific deluxe variants, I highly doubt they would've been allowed to pick one of those.

Back