Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yes! I CANNOT WAIT!!! 😁😁😁

I really hope they do the three-month ROTM in advance announcement soon! I am keen as mustard to know what they all are!!! 👀🙋‍♂️🕵️‍♂️⏰

I don't doubt it for a second! Despite all evidence to the contrary, your enthusiasm for all things VMP is clearly unflagging. Which begs the question...do you own an anorak?

Also, what in the name of Voldemort are they putting in the water down under?

I don't doubt it for a second! Despite all evidence to the contrary, your enthusiasm for all things VMP is clearly unflagging. Which begs the question...do you own an anorak?

Also, what in the name of Voldemort are they putting in the water down under?
That Anarok isn’t good-looking enough in my opinion for me to wear it! 🙊

Plus, because I’m black, I’d rather wear something that has more of a brighter/lighter colour to contrast my skin. So that Anarok is a definite NO for me! 🙅‍♂️

I don’t understand that last question. I know Voldermort is VMP, but are you kind of saying “what is Voldermort doing in Australia that’s making people love their record club?” 🤔

The fires around Australia are causing FOMO. Just a suspicion.

Related: hope that you are safe, @NathanRicaud.
Yeah, the 🔥🔥🔥 have me more hungry than ever for VMP exclusives!!! 👀🙋‍♂️⏰🧯

I’m safe though thank you! 😅☺️

I can smell smoke/fire when I go for runs or when I’m outside, so I know there’s fires happening a bit close, but I’m pretty sure they’re under control. I actually like the smell of the fire mist though, it smells like church and perfume and lust! 🌋🥀🌲

So for better or for worse, we're currently Storfless (I assume he's in the middle of moving to Minnesota) thus no new clues on the next ROTMs. Reddit seems to think the next Essentials is hip hop, although I don't remember seeing that mentioned anywhere. I want to say that Storf suggested Stankonia wouldn't be until later in the year, so I'm hoping it's either Section.80 or Phrenology.

Has anyone kept up with early hints during the whole site migration fiasco?
It's in storf's top 5 rap albums, that's kinda the only clue

I know there’s fires happening a bit close, but I’m pretty sure they’re under control. I actually like the smell of the fire mist though, it smells like church and perfume and lust! 🌋🥀🌲
I've seen Nathan get teased for continuing to champion VMP while the company metaphorically burns, but the fact that you are literally surrounded by fire and yet continue to be a pure unadulterated optimist is remarkable. Stay safe.

I don’t understand that last question. I know Voldermort is VMP, but are you kind of saying “what is Voldermort doing in Australia that’s making people love their record club?” 🤔

I’m safe though thank you! 😅

Yes, saying what they are putting in the water is just a tongue in cheek way of asking what they (whether or not Voldemert has any role in it) are putting in the water in Australia that has you so enthused for VMP. Your love for the company is clearly steadfast, maybe even growing stronger through all of this?!

In all seriousness, take care and be safe in and around the fires. We have been dealing with some serious wildfires in the Pacific NW over the past several years, but things look pretty dire at the moment down there. I hope it all improves soon, and that you can keep running in spite of the smoke.

That Anarok isn’t good-looking enough in my opinion for me to wear it! 🙊

Plus, because I’m black, I’d rather wear something that has more of a brighter/lighter colour to contrast my skin. So that Anarok is a definite NO for me! 🙅‍♂️

I’m safe though thank you! 😅

I can smell smoke/fire when I go for runs or when I’m outside, so I know there’s fires happening a bit close, but I’m pretty sure they’re under control. I actually like the smell of the fire mist though, it smells like church and perfume and lust! 🌋🥀🌲
Love the smell of church, perfume and lust!

What great prose. You should be a poet.

I received my Swing Lo Magellan today in Philadelphia.

Also, interesting to note a misprint on the Swing Lo Magellan: the hype sticker and foil stamp list this erroneously as "Vinyl Me, Please Essentials" and not "Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive Pressing".

I've started the initial listing on Discogs here: Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan

Back