Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'm not all-in on the FLips, but I do like a fair number of their songs, and live they are just a lot of upbeat, positive fun.

And hot take on VMP: very few of their "Essentials" are essential to me.
This is my exact view on the Lips. I like them, but I don't consistently love them. Except for live because their shows are fun. I medium love them.

Nothing VMP does excites me, but I know that's because of the type of person I am. I don't support the company shenanigans so I have no problem passing even if it's something I might want. BUT, I don't begrudge anyone from getting excited, jumping back in, or whatever works for you individually. My only real "issue" is seeing people get burned in one way or another time and time again, but they just keep feeding the monster as it were. But hey, to each his own and I always hope their projects go well for the sake of the "consumer", not their bottom line.

Not sure how you can burn your tongue on luke-warm soup.
giphy.gif

Nothing VMP does excites me, but I know that's because of the type of person I am. I don't support the company shenanigans so I have no problem passing even if it's something I might want. BUT, I don't begrudge anyone from getting excited, jumping back in, or whatever works for you individually. My only real "issue" is seeing people get burned in one way or another time and time again, but they just keep feeding the monster as it were. But hey, to each his own and I always hope their projects go well for the sake of the "consumer", not their bottom line.

I am still annoyed how they handled the forums, although in hindsight it worked out so much better for us with N&G, However i dip back in when they have something worthwhile.

Recently I had an issue with a warped Dawes record, then the second was worse than the first. Then not only told me to keep them both but are sending me a pre-order (Let it Bleed) album that costs more. I haven't been burned yet in that respect (as a customer), and understand their desire to make money... When they cross the line ill be right there with you.

Just listened to Songs For The Deaf for the first time. Dope, rowdy album but it will absolutely give my fiancé and pets panic attacks if I ever play it at home 😂. Should be some good swaps up next month at least.

Are the next three known? How?

Shows you how much VMP I read.

Whole thing seems kinda desperate

Back