Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Nope. Also I keep thinking it's Songs for the Dead

I got mildly excite due to previous forum talk.
Then realised ive never listened to it and probably wouldnt like it :rolleyes:
So i discarded my fomo. Just because you cant get it doesnt mean u need it when u can.

Edit : did just listen to first track and didnt like thing.

Last edited:
Check out this FOMO Copy they've spewed on their website: "It bears repeating: The only way to ensure that you’ll get these three albums is to sign up for our three-month Essentials subscription now"!
Seriously guys, tone it down

This whole triple announcement is FOMO.

This is how I read it. The forum debacle hit essentials sub numbers. 6 months of indifferent essentials hit essentials sub numbers moreso. They’re worried.

How to drum up extra subs?

Announce 3 huge records all at once and scare people into thinking they need to sub for three months right now! Dick move, but then they are dicks!

I really want the last 2 but have decided I don’t want the Flaming Lips. I love that album but I own everything of theirs from it onwards on cd, it’s just uneconomical to switch to vinyl for them as an artist. I’ll sign up from next month for QOTSA and can’t imagine there will be too much of a problem.

So, this has probably already been discussed, but with new copies of long sold out records on the store, did they do a repress ( or should I say, did the ADMIT that they did a repress) or did they "find some extra stock hidden in a closet"? Because I'm pretty sure the company line was no represses.

I got mildly excite due to previous forum talk.
Then realised ive never listened to it and probably wouldnt like it :rolleyes:
So i discarded my fomo. Just because you cant get it doesnt mean u need it when u can.

Its one of my favourite albums of that time from one of my favourite bands of that time and outside of an initial press of 500 it’s never been available on vinyl. I’m pretty damn excited about this one, I can’t lie!

I've been a member off and on for a few years and have never done more than a month at a time. I've always been able to re-up with my month to month subscription.

If you historically were on a one month plan then it’s still there. If you sign up new or historically were on a longer plan the option to switch to one month is gone as far as I understand it.

It's...fine. IMO Rated R is the best thing they ever did and while SFTD is a really solid record; I think most of the adoration of the album in the vinyl community has more to do with the lack of official reissues. If you like QOTSA, you will likely enjoy this record.

I agree that Rated R is their best but this is an excellent record for me too and not that far behind it!

I'm a single month sub at this point, and have been for 2 years. At this point they have made more money off of me as I pay for my illusion of "freedom to cancel". The issue I have with pushing me to 3 months at a time is that there is no reward for being a long term, ie "loyal" customer. According to this press release thing, I could be booted from a pick by someone who just signs up for 3 months today. TBH I think that is a solution but not a particularly nice one. As I pointed out at the old forum for a "club" they have zero ways to reward constant membership, and it's really stupid on their behalf. Of course the promised rewards for loyalty are still not here.

Its one of my favourite albums of that time from one of my favourite bands of that time and outside of an initial press of 500 it’s never been available on vinyl. I’m pretty damn excited about this one, I can’t lie!

Looks like a proper package for once too, good pick of mastering engineer and Pallas pressing. Excited as well.

I'm a single month sub at this point, and have been for 2 years. At this point they have made more money off of me as I pay for my illusion of "freedom to cancel". The issue I have with pushing me to 3 months at a time is that there is no reward for being a long term, ie "loyal" customer. According to this press release thing, I could be booted from a pick by someone who just signs up for 3 months today. TBH I think that is a solution but not a particularly nice one. As I pointed out at the old forum for a "club" they have zero ways to reward constant membership, and it's really stupid on their behalf. Of course the promised rewards for loyalty are still not here.
They're working on it.

So, this has probably already been discussed, but with new copies of long sold out records on the store, did they do a repress ( or should I say, did the ADMIT that they did a repress) or did they "find some extra stock hidden in a closet"? Because I'm pretty sure the company line was no represses.
They said it was a repress on reddit

This is how I read it. The forum debacle hit essentials sub numbers. 6 months of indifferent essentials hit essentials sub numbers moreso. They’re worried.

Announce 3 huge records all at once and scare people into thinking they need to sub for three months right now! Dick move, but then they are dicks!

I really want the last 2 but have decided I don’t want the Flaming Lips. I love that album but I own everything of theirs from it onwards on cd, it’s just uneconomical to switch to vinyl for them as an artist. I’ll sign up from next month for QOTSA and can’t imagine there will be too much of a problem.

That's so cynical dude. These are huge albums and it'd suck if you really wanted in to get faced with a SOLD OUT! Why not get an indication of how many you need to press and please the masses? Best thing they've done in a while IMO, I loved knowing 3 months in advance when they used to for Classics, I wish they'd do it all the time. The last thing already well established successful albums need to drive them is FOMO though.

Eh. As much as I want to hate VMP, I feel like this is kind of reaching a little bit. I kind of get where they're coming from announcing these albums and then warning people of the upcoming titles, so they can get them.

Back