Vinyl Me Please Essentials

How is that confirmation? When I go it takes me to SK. Would it otherwise just say the page isn't available?
Yeah, if you change that url at all to make it wrong, it will redirect you to the store page. Except for some reason the /rap/ /classics/ /essentials/ part is interchangeable if everything else is correct.

Link trick works for U.F.O.

It's a really aggressive choice for an "Essential" AOTM; definitely something that feels more cratedigger/experimental. I'm excited for it, but I suspect that anyone who doesn't subscribe but wants it will likely be able to pick it up on Discogs for a lot less in a few months.

This is also the type of album I'm happy to pay "full" price on to show financial support for considered curation, similar to Jorge Ben and Experience Unlimited. Aside from Queen and the unnecessary reissue of Phoenix, as far as non-new albums, they've really been pushing multiple genres and interesting selections this year.

It's a really aggressive choice for an "Essential" AOTM; definitely something that feels more cratedigger/experimental. I'm excited for it, but I suspect that anyone who doesn't subscribe but wants it will likely be able to pick it up on Discogs for a lot less in a few months.

This is also the type of album I'm happy to pay "full" price on to show financial support for considered curation, similar to Jorge Ben and Experience Unlimited. Aside from Queen and the unnecessary reissue of Phoenix, as far as non-new albums, they've really been pushing multiple genres and interesting selections this year.
I agree except unfortunately this one really completely fell flat for me. I'll give it one more shot but I'm not sure what separates it from any other folk of the era that failed to stand out.

I agree except unfortunately this one really completely fell flat for me. I'll give it one more shot but I'm not sure what separates it from any other folk of the era that failed to stand out.

Totally fair - there are lot of albums VMP deems Essential that don't work for me :) I like the music, but concur with everyone else who thinks it's as much about the story that gets it to be more than just an Exclusive. I have to suspect they realize this one won't do it for a lot of their subscribers, but I also think it's fantastic that anywhere from 20-30k are being exposed for the first time to something like this o_O

I feel like I need to type this every month. "Essentials" is just marketing. I especially find it funny when someone points at say(an actual example), Blessed Feathers and says, "This isn't essential!" It's not, and you know what else? The main sub wasn't even called Essentials when they released that one. :)

xoxo

Essentials also works, you have to dashes between each letter of UFO though:

using: essentials/vol-81-jim-sullivan-u-f-o

congrats @Sanders you got it right

I repeat: BOW TO MEEEEEE!!

The rule really should be, the first person to guess it right gets theirs for free 🤣

I feel like I need to type this every month. "Essentials" is just marketing. I especially find it funny when someone points at say(an actual example), Blessed Feathers and says, "This isn't essential!" It's not, and you know what else? The main sub wasn't even called Essentials when they released that one. :)

xoxo

Yeah, I just like saying it in a mocking fashion - should probably make sure it's formatted as Essential each time

xoxo
What is odd to me is that they called it essentials long ago, changed it because on the old forum we explained to them over and over again how some of these albums, although good, are not essential. They agreed. But they've now changed it back to essential.

Back