Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Bruce is a maybe, check ya head already having a probably much cheaper reissue leads me to feeling weird, and if they choose a super easy 66 album I feel like the chance is I'm done... Like nothing else is grabbing me

I was only half-joking about The Beatles. I think Buffalo Springfield sounds the most "Essential" of the bunch if we're disqualifying the Beatles and Beach Boys on principle... although I like the idea of it being the Byrds, too.

Is there ANY other possible hip-hop choice? I love Check Your Head but... it's so easily available that it feels like a wasted pick unless you're all about the colored vinyls

How easy is check your heads reissue to get. I haven't heard the album but it kinda feels like a cheap pick..

I just am figuring out whether I'd actually want the rotms

How easy is check your heads reissue to get. I haven't heard the album but it kinda feels like a cheap pick..

I just am figuring out whether I'd actually want the rotms
Haven't heard Check Your Head??? This is sort of a drop everything and listen to Check Your Head kinda moment. Not guaranteeing you're going to love it, but it's hands down my favorite Beasties album. The introduction of them playing live instruments (again), a raw and matured sound, and not a single bad track on the album. Whether or not it's the VMP pick for Nov, you should make time to listen to it.

Haven't heard Check Your Head??? This is sort of a drop everything and listen to Check Your Head kinda moment. Not guaranteeing you're going to love it, but it's hands down my favorite Beasties album. The introduction of them playing live instruments (again), a raw and matured sound, and not a single bad track on the album. Whether or not it's the VMP pick for Nov, you should make time to listen to it.
I am dropping everything and listening. My only Beastie Boys album was To The 5 Boroughs because it came out when I was in high school.

The mono Buffalo Springfield was $15 during one of those buy two get one Target deals. One of the best sounding albums in the collection. Won't bite on that one.

Nebraska is my favorite Bruce album, so that’s cool, but I’m not sure how much better it’s going to sound. I mean the album was recorded as “demos” on a 4-track recorder.

Maybe we’ll get the full band recordings too??

colored vinyl and shiny tip-on jackets though, and a booklet. I have an original US pressing I got for $10 near mint, but I'll still probably get the VMP version for the visual aesthetic at least. I don't think there are any bad or great sounding pressings of Nebraska, like you said just a demo style recording of great tunes.

Back