Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagara record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

I’m losing my edge.

I have not read the book.
But based on this playlist, 2002 Doves/The Last Broadcast [ @Joe Mac ] is in play.

I also see that the Hold Steady are mentioned in the book based on the playlist.
It won't be (2005) Separation Sunday - but it should be.

So are Don’t Believe The Truth and Heathen Chemistry by Oasis…

…I would laugh so fucking hard if they put our later career oasis in essentials, and I’m a fan…

I would resub for one of those, lol

I like them both, and actually the pressings out there in the wild at current are really good, but they’re not essential lol. As much as I love oasis only Definitely Maybe and the singles off Morning Glory are essential in a wider sense.

I like them both, and actually the pressings out there in the wild at current are really good, but they’re not essential lol. As much as I love oasis only Definitely Maybe and the singles off Morning Glory are essential in a wider sense.
Oh yeah, definitely agree that they aren't essential at all, but I don't think a lot of the VMP picks are essential (to me) and I'm a few years past being into a lot of the New York indie scene from the 00s, beyond what I already own and love anyway.

Back