Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I think it might be quite difficult and pricey to find a clean OG unfortunately.
I found a copy through juno records around 2 months ago, and it wasn't cheap (36 GBP)
it was still sealed and it was the 2010 Polysom pressing.
totally satisfied and have played it a ton since (the whole family loves it).
I've just checked and it's no longer available, but you can get a notification when it comes back...

For comparison notes, I do have an original 76 press from Brazil.

I have not heard the 2010 reissue so I won’t be able to reference that.

I was lucky enough to strike up a relationship through eBay with a collector in Brazil and I sent him Blue Notes and he sent me old Brazilian records

After finally finishing up side 2 I think this release was worth it as a US buyer with no other copies. Short of finding a 2010 copy at a local record store (which I couldn't) it looks like that or an "okay" condition OG copy will cost like $60-$70 at the cheapest after shipping, and for the OG copy that would be a VG that's "basically a VG+".

Since we've known what August Essentials is for a while now, the hype is dying down. We need a new single, quick!

Also, the album is coming out mid-month. Do we know yet if we have to wait until the album release date for our boxes to ship? That would certainly suck.

Since we've known what August Essentials is for a while now, the hype is dying down. We need a new single, quick!

Also, the album is coming out mid-month. Do we know yet if we have to wait until the album release date for our boxes to ship? That would certainly suck.

Good question! How has VMP done this in the past? I was a member when Mitski came out but I can’t recall what the timeline was.

If I recall St Vincent was mailed out within the regular time frame but people did receive it before the official street date.

If you preorder from Sub Pop they regularly ship stuff to you before the street date. Today was the official release date for the new Kyle Craft and I've had mine for 2 weeks.

If you preorder from Sub Pop they regularly ship stuff to you before the street date. Today was the official release date for the new Kyle Craft and I've had mine for 2 weeks.
I just always assumed that was cuz Sub Pop mailed all the pre orders out at approximately the same time and since we live nearby and it only had to go by local mail, we got it earlier but someone in Pensacola Florida might not get it until the actual release date.

I just always assumed that was cuz Sub Pop mailed all the pre orders out at approximately the same time and since we live nearby and it only had to go by local mail, we got it earlier but someone in Pensacola Florida might not get it until the actual release date.
Yeah I’m in Texas and mine is supposed to be here early next week.

Well, if SK is indeed the Essentials ROTM it'll be another swap for me.
Lapsley or Kevin Morby, here we come!😎
I wouldn’t waste your swaps on those albums when they’re so much cheaper to just buy on discogs

Lapsley is on sale for $8:

Kevin Morby is on sale for around $10:

You can buy both of these on discogs together for cheaper than just buying them through a single sub on vmp, which is around $23 at its cheapest

I wouldn’t waste your swaps on those albums when they’re so much cheaper to just buy on discogs

You can buy both of these on discogs together for cheaper than just buying them through a single sub on vmp, which is around $23 at its cheapest

I keep meaning to buy the Lapsley one. It's a very underrated album, and for less than $10, there's no reason not to grab it.

I just picked up City Music for $13 shipped on Discogs. Defintiely don’t waste a swap on that, although it is a great album. 👍

Back